Goodbye Jesus

The Ten Commandments

jrmarlin

My take on it all:

First, if we examine the whole christian community worldwide then I'd say that maybe some 25 % actually read the commandments... only that they aren't the real commandments. Which leads to question 2: Yes, I know the commandments better than pretty much every christian I ever met, whether in person or online - for none of them was aware that the real commandments are listed in Ex 34, which is crystal-clear from examining this chapter closely.

And I'm not surprised that no christian wants to know the real commandments, for they completely, irrevocably, and immediately destroy any claim to the "love" of this monster called jehoover.

I believe I posted the Exodus 34 Commandments. What a load of shit or what? The rules were so militant and facist, I can't even imagine why someone would get so jacked up about worshiping a hate-mongering facist god.

I am just completely disgusted with christianity and most christians. I know some xians that are very nice people and they don't try to impose their beliefs on others. They live and let live. But then again, these xians are not the ones that go to church every Sunday and participate in cover dish suppers or things like the Christian Women's Group. No, these people are what I was as a kid, pretty much a christian-lite as I told Serene on another Thread here.

I have noticed that me coming here has begun to invade my sub-conscience. I have dreams of arguing with xians about their fanatical, idiotic and ignorant beliefs. How crazy is that?

I believe I posted the Exodus 34 Commandments.

DUH!

Yup, you did. My bad - should've read the whole thread ;)

I believe I posted the Exodus 34 Commandments.

DUH!

Yup, you did. My bad - should've read the whole thread ;)

No - no... I wasn't telling you that in a contradictory tone. I meant was when I was posting them I was horrified at what I was reading. Mr. G. told me to go give it a look as they are the real commandments. It's more bent and twisted than the movie Caligula (sp.) I was really blown away as I had not fully read them before. :grin:

I think we need to whip GOD for Christ. Apparently, he might enjoy it. :brutal_01:

I believe I posted the Exodus 34 Commandments. What a load of shit or what? The rules were so militant and facist, I can't even imagine why someone would get so jacked up about worshiping a hate-mongering facist god.

Probably because they like the sick spiritual high they get when they think they've gotten on the good side of such a monster. Perhaps on some subconscious, primal level, Xians know they are worshipping a monster who hates their guts, but they just want to suck up because they think they'll get great rewards if they do. It's sort of like the Hollywood Satanist mentality, where you have a devil worshipper who knows he's worshipping a being who'd destroy him in a heartbeat, but think that he can buy favors and great handouts by kissing the devil's ass.

Funny how Xianity and Hollywood Satanism really basically have so much in common...

I have noticed that me coming here has begun to invade my sub-conscience. I have dreams of arguing with xians about their fanatical, idiotic and ignorant beliefs. How crazy is that?

No, you just want to domme some Xians. If you're working on any pretty female ones, let me know :fdevil:

Funny how Xianity and Hollywood Satanism really basically have so much in common...

<snip>

No, you just want to domme some Xians. If you're working on any pretty female ones, let me know :fdevil:

We can't have any of that Var, you have a very nice girlfriend who takes care of you! :lol:

As for Xians and Hollyweird Satanists. Yes, they are virtually the same. Just one is God and one is Satan.

Their practices and procedures are the same. Hands down.

They traded one hysterical for another hysterical. I actually love it. Have you ever seen the face of an xian when a person comes in announcing they are a satanist? It's hilarious. I have never seen anything funnier. Get out the garlic and the cross. Oh wait, that's for vampires. Oh well!

We can't have any of that Var, you have a very nice girlfriend who takes care of you! :lol:

Yes, I have an angel of a fiancee who takes very good care of me :) Besides, do you think she'd want to be left out of that? :)

As for Xians and Hollyweird Satanists. Yes, they are virtually the same. Just one is God and one is Satan.

Their practices and procedures are the same. Hands down.

They traded one hysterical for another hysterical. I actually love it. Have you ever seen the face of an xian when a person comes in announcing they are a satanist? It's hilarious. I have never seen anything funnier. Get out the garlic and the cross. Oh wait, that's for vampires. Oh well!

Oh dearie me, tell me about it. I recall back in high school when people thought I was a Satanist. The looks of abject horror - almost as if they were possessed themselves. Jesus Christ, I wish I had a camera back then - I'd still be laughing now.

• 2 weeks later...

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife,

or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

I voted that no Christians actually read the 10 commandments, and here's why. The verse quoted here is not translated right, and it never ever is. If it were, Christianity would have to fundamentalistly change.

I venture to say that less than 1 in a 10000 Christians knows what "manservant" and "maidservant" properly translate as within the context of the society that originated these rules. How many here know what these words actually mean in context?

is a manservant a slave? im just guessing?

Yes, and a maidservant is a concubine.

I remember hearing lots of sermons on this topic when I was a kid. Money was the root of all evil, yet the church didn't have a problem with collecting offerings. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I believe it is actually the love of money that is the root of all evil. It's been a while, so I could be wrong.

I remember hearing lots of sermons on this topic when I was a kid. Money was the root of all evil, yet the church didn't have a problem with collecting offerings. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I believe it is actually the love of money that is the root of all evil. It's been a while, so I could be wrong.

Funny, that - I believe Jeezus™ himself said that, or else one of his fans. It's in the NT. For anyone, Xian or not, to claim that the Xian position is that money is the root of all evil doesn't understand what they profess to.

For instance the "Thou Shall Not Kill" vs. "Thou Shall Not Murder" Commandment... which no one seems to understand there is a huge difference as murder means to kill another person with malice and kill means to take life.

Not sure if someone already pointed this out:

The King James Version of the Bible was issued in 1611. This was the most widely used version in the English speaking world until sometime in the 1900s. In this version, Exodus 20:13 is: "Thou shalt not kill." More recent Bible translations of the ancient manuscripts tend to use "You shall not murder." This explains why both phrases are used by those quoting the Bible.

There is indeed a significant difference of meaning that can be applied to the phrase depending on the choice of kill or murder. Usage of either phrase as a quotation would depend on the context of the message one is trying to deliver. "Do not kill" is usually quoted by the anti capital punishment crowd. While "Do not murder" is implied by the state during executions to mean the killing carried out by the state is not murder, simply a just punishment of the guilty.

I say, kill or murder, one is still dead. :o

how do you not commit adultry and have concubines? i think i found one of the bibles infamous contradictions lol

Yes, and a maidservant is a concubine.