Goodbye Jesus

When Was Jeus Born?

YDOAPS

To answer your question, what am I basing my feeling regarding this subject from? Very simply put, over two decades of careful consideration and contemplation in my quest for theological study of a plethora of religions too numerous to even list here. That's the best answer I can give you without getting too overly complicated for the lazy-man to comprehend.

OK, so nothing about what the Bible actually says on the subject then, is what you are saying? Do you have a quote from Scripture backing up your statement?

:nono: Sub, before you open your mouth and stick your foot down your throat any further, it might be a good idea for you to go to this thread and try to explain yourself, your religion and your Jesus. Okay?

When Did Jesus Really Come To Earth?

If you can answer that question then what you have to say warrants more thought and reflection. If not, then I suggest you go sell crazy somewhere else and quit asking us to read your fucking bible for you. If you don't know the scriptures then why should we be your fucking secretary? You go look them up yourself.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sas

Was it 25th December on the Julian Calendar or the Gregorian Calendar?

According to the History Books Christmas Day was moved to the 25th December in the 9th Century CE to convert the non believers who celebrated the Winter Solstice in many stupid heathen pagan ways. Regardless of calendar date it was usually a celebration of exchanging gifts and merry making to Welcome the New Sun. It was a festival that

a) was celebrated as Sol Invictus Day (that's the God, the Roman Emperor Constantine worshipped before he conveniently converted to a Christian on his death bed),

B) a Roman celebration of Saturnalia (candle buring to embrace the dark winter nights).

c) Yule tide (burning of logs - a symbol of the Norse God and the Winter Solstice)

d) a festival of lights to mark the dark winter nights

e) Xmas Trees (normally evergreen to look forward to the Spring)

But then the Bible must be right, because it is the Inspired Words of God, Right? It has got absolutely nothing to do with observation of the Sun, seasons and climatic change.

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to know when Jesus Christ was born, why not just call Him and ask? He lives in California.

• 4 weeks later...

When was Jesus born?

Never.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on that ...

we could say Jesus was born in Year Zero in the Gregorian or Julian Calendar. Hehe... The hitch is that it doesn't exist in those calendars. :)

Year zero exists in ISO 8601:2004 and in the astronomical year numbering, and in Buddhist and Hindu lunar calendars. But I don't think Christians like to prove Jesus being born year zero in the Hindu calendar...