Goodbye Jesus

athiests and belief

Jon

7 hours ago, Jon said:

What about testimony,personal testimony?

Personal testimony is of no value to me.  People have been imagining things and mentally filtering and reinterpreting their experiences for thousands of years.  All that a testimony indicates is that someone else has a belief, and unless that belief can be backed up with credible real-world evidence I have no reason to take it seriously.

Becauce jesus loves you...

If that were so, why can't he come here and tell us that to our faces, rather than allowing mortal middlemen such as yourself to speak on his behalf?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jon said:

Thank you,for your kind remarks,i respect your opinion.

Me and you will get on together,no probs.

Let me tell you,We can tussle all day about God.

What about testimony,personal testimony? please give me your opinion,dont end our discussion please,vent all your fury,please feel free...............Becauce jesus loves you,and i understand your anger,but i also have lots for you!!!

Also explain the great minds of bygone and modern day believers

Jon,

Most of us are trying to be patient with you and legitimately answer your questions. But you are the one being offensive on this website. For instance in this very thread you referred to us as you athiests like it was vomit rolling from your tongue. I'm from the south and have heard similar remarks from racists whites toward people of other races. In either respect it is a very offensive way to word your arguments which to be honest aren't very good. As has already been said we are not all athiest.

Some of us in here are former ministers and could probably put up a better argument in favor of creation than you have demonstrated in this thread. If we wanted to play Devils advocate with you anyway.

As far as personal testimony DO YOU NOT REALISE WHERE YOU ARE? This is an EXCHRISTIAN Web site which means the majority of its members were all once christian and each of us have there own personal testimonies of how they came to know Jesus. But we all also have a personal testimonies of how we came to realise that everything we had been lead to believe was a lie.

I have already answered you in another thread and pointed out while we may not be able to "prove" that a "god" exists. You can not prove that your God does exist. If you are like I was you probably believe the bible is the infallible word of God and that every word is true. Yet archeologist can not find any evidence of a biblical exodus. They cannot find any evidence of the plagues in Egypt or the calamity that came from God's wrath. I've tried to find evidence of the tower of babel and can only find where the Babylonian empire tried to rebuild it. If God was so adamantly against humans trying to build a tower to heaven why did he let us walk on the moon? Or send rovers and satellites throughout our solar system? Why is he ok with it now? It stands to reason that the tower of babel story is also a myth. 

Maybe you can shed some light as to why the book of deuteronomy wasn't discovered until the reign of king Josiah and reflected his opinion that only Yahweh should be worshipped.

Here is a link for you to reference:

http://www.bu.edu/mzank/Jerusalem/cp/deuteronomy.htm

This is also odd since Jewish scholars themselves admit that the original Jewish God was El who in ancient Canaanite mythology was yahweh's father.

Here is another link for your reference:

http://www.reformjudaism.org/exodus-not-fiction

In this article Jewish apologists weigh in on the lack of evidence that a biblical exodus took place at all saying that it was more likely to be the smaller group of the Levites who were a late coming tribe who worshipped yahweh. 

As you can see if you keep researching on what has actually been found through archeological studies even the Jews themselves discredit the bible as being infallible. And if the bible is in fact fallible than you are basing your beliefs on a lie. 

So as I said before. While we can't prove that A God doesn't exist. We can prove that your God and the story the bible tells was made up by men over the course of hundreds of years. It was a polytheistic religion that evolved into a monolateralist religion, and later into a monotheistic religion. It has been edited more times than OJ Simpsons alibi. 

I would like to request that when attempting to make your arguments for your belief that you not belittle the members of this site. There is a respectful way to prove a point and their is a disrespectful way. You have chosen the latter up until this point. To clarify this, THE BIBLE DOES NOT OFFEND ME, the way christians use it however is offensive. You have come on this website condemning us and have made up in your mind that we are the bad guys. I want you to know that our experiences with christianity has deeply hurt us. We are the victims here. we are in this group because we need support. For many of us our whole way of life has been thrown in a blender and pureed. Some of our families have turned their back on us. Spouses have divorced us. And we have been shunned by friends that once called us brothers and sisters. For you to come on this site and act like you are acting is wrong! I suggest you follow your own teachings a little better. Wasn't it Christ who said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" In my opinion you are doing Christ a disservice acting the way you have. You have a spirit more like that of Peter than that of Jesus or Paul.

Best regards,

Dark Bishop

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jon said:

Becauce jesus loves you,and i understand your anger,but i also have lots for you!!!

Did Jesus love 6 million Jews, the millions killed by Mao Tse-tung and those by Pol Pot? Maybe that's  a cheap shot.

So Jesus loves me. Cool. I like people loving me. I don't know Jesus, not even sure if he actually existed as written about. What happens to me if I don't love him back? What happens if I don't believe he is the son of god?

and i understand your anger

Your arrogance here is outstanding.

but i also have lots for you!!!

Lots of what? Cookies? Money? Anger?

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

@sdelsolray God works in mysterious ways my brother :D

Christian Apology No. 87 (American Standards of Apogetics).

It kind of reminds me of the Ferengi Second Rule of Acquisition in Star Trek TNG, "Once you have their money, never give it back".

Damn I'm outa likes!

Nah, I'm sure that apology is further up the ladder - should be number 3 or 4 alongside "You can't understand God" :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, bornagainathiest said:

Here is a universal cone, Jon.

http://www.cosmiclight.com/ofquasars/lightcone.html

BAA  I trust you are not trying to pull a cone-job on us!

Tom

On 3/25/2017 at 0:56 PM, Jon said:

If you athiests dont believe in God ,hiw did the universe cone into being?

If God does exist HOW did he make the universe come into being? Wouldn't it be fascinating to know how he did it? Wouldn't it be edifying to have some more knowledge about the inner workings of stuff than to just be a half-wit for Jesus?

If God does exist then he created nuclear fusion in the stars, right? We know the science behind nuclear fusion. Humanity is working on that same technology to create power on earth.

Knowledge is power.

Belief is ignorance.

Question everything.

4 hours ago, BroTom said:

BAA  I trust you are not trying to pull a cone-job on us!

Tom

Just taking Jon at his word, Bro.

;

Screen-shot-2013-06-08-at-2.05.51-PM.png

cone_title.gif

mets-cone-retirement.jpg