Goodbye Jesus

So Ya Wanna Learn The Secret Mormon Handshakes, Do Ya?

Guest esteban

Guest Christ

I was once told something about the mormon religion a long time ago. Not sure if I actually heard it or dreamed it, it was a long time ago. :grin: You can tell me if it’s true or not. Doesn't the mormon religion tell people if they live a good (or perfect) life, that they get their own planet in the afterlife or something? Thus becoming gods themselves? This could be totally wrong, I just have a vague recollection of hearing this somewhere.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

[My question: Why do you see mormons riding bicycles and wearing white shirts, a tie, slacks and the name tag?

Those are missionaries. The clothes and name tag are the required dress code for missionaries. They're on bikes because the church doesn't pay for cars for them, except in areas where a car is absolutely necessary. Bikes and their own two legs are generally their only form of transportation.

I was once told something about the mormon religion a long time ago. Not sure if I actually heard it or dreamed it, it was a long time ago. :grin: You can tell me if it’s true or not. Doesn't the mormon religion tell people if they live a good (or perfect) life, that they get their own planet in the afterlife or something? Thus becoming gods themselves? This could be totally wrong, I just have a vague recollection of hearing this somewhere.

Yep, they do. Although I think they downplay it now, since they're trying to look more mainstream.

"As man is, God once was. As God is, man may become."

Of course, only men get their own planet. Women get to spend enternity sharing their husband with thousands of other women, perpetually pregnant and birthing spirit children forever.

Guest Christ

Yep, they do. Although I think they downplay it now, since they're trying to look more mainstream.

"As man is, God once was. As God is, man may become."

Of course, only men get their own planet. Women get to spend enternity sharing their husband with thousands of other women, perpetually pregnant and birthing spirit children forever.

Looks like women get the shaft again, so to speak. :grin:

When I was a member of the Morg I actually found that philosophy made more sense than mainstream Christianity. It seemed like a natural flow events if you were going to be around for eternity. I could not fathom a god that wanted praise for eternity, but I could grasp the concept that someone hanging around FOREVER just might learn enough to become a god themselves. :shrug:

Having numerous wives for enternity when you know you are gay was not exactly applealing though....

Yeah, women pretty much get shit in Mormonism. It amazes me that religions like Mormonism and Islam actually have women practicing them - even converting. "Look, God says you're pretty much a worthless piece of shit outside of making babies." "Gasp! I've found God!"