Goodbye Jesus

God is a pill

quinntar

We've all heard of stories about the Christian God healing people, but it seems to be a hit and miss affair. Out of all the people who believe they've been healed of some issue, most don't. I can't fathom a God who would pick and choose who to heal, and who not to heal.

For my 14 years as a Christian I had to put up with schizophrenia and it's brutal effects, but why doesn't God just heal me (I do have faith) I couldn't get my head around it. Why would God choose not to heal me? 

Can any Christian honestly answer this.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I am not a Christian, so I can't help you there.  

Plausible and reasonable explanations for those who attribute medical healing to one or another supernatural entity or deity include (i) misdirecting, misattribution or misunderstanding the actual causation of the healing, cure or remission, (ii) assumption of an incorrect premise that they have the claimed physical/medical infirmary in the first place, (iii) intentional lying with use of invented facts and claims, (iv) copying and mimicking what others have previously professed, among other mundane explanations.

As to your question of why God did not heal you of your schizophrenia and it's brutal effects, again a quite rational and plausible explanation is the particular God is simply an imaginary construct, does not exist in reality and therefore cannot heal the mental disorder.

It's really not any more complicated than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

I am not a Christian, so I can't help you there.  

Plausible and reasonable explanations for those who attribute medical healing to one or another supernatural entity or deity include (i) misdirecting, misattribution or misunderstanding the actual causation of the healing, cure or remission, (ii) assumption of an incorrect premise that they have the claimed physical/medical infirmary in the first place, (iii) intentional lying with use of invented facts and claims, (iv) copying and mimicking what others have previously professed, among other mundane explanations.

As to your question of why God did not heal you of your schizophrenia and it's brutal effects, again a quite rational and plausible explanation is the particular God is simply an imaginary construct, does not exist in reality and therefore cannot heal the mental disorder.

It's really not any more complicated than that.

Indeed, but what's the Christians rationalization on subject. Let's sit back and see what they may say.

Christian Apologetics on this narrow subject include (i) God works in mysterious ways, (ii) God only answers prayers of True Christians™, (iii) do not question God's choices and actions, (iv) your are not worthy of God's healing power, (v) you are simply being tested so maintain faith in the Lord, among other ad hoc rationalizations.  After 2,000 years, they have compiled quite a list.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Christian Apologetics on this narrow subject include (i) God works in mysterious ways, (ii) God only answers prayers of True Christians™, (iii) do not question God's choices and actions, (iv) your are not worthy of God's healing power, (v) you are simply being tested so maintain faith in the Lord, among other ad hoc rationalizations.  After 2,000 years, they have compiled quite a list.

Except for "Our God failed you" which is true, because the god they believe in doesn't even work in a practical way.

18 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

One would gather that if it's God's creation, we are a part of that mechanism.  Given that, it would behoove us to unlock that particular mechanism that heals.  I don't think we are that smart, despite our pleadings. 

Edit:  Just like crime events, could we look back to see where things reached critical mass.  Sometimes I think it's too late to the scene and "death" prevails.  Hence, schools, church, preventative care....

• Super Moderator

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

- - - unless it's not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@theanticrash,

The real reason god does not heal people when they cry out is because he is preoccupied finding parking places right up front at Walmart for some of his more faithful, and hopelessly selfish, parishioners.  <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, end3 said:

One would gather that if it's God's creation, we are a part of that mechanism.  Given that, it would behoove us to unlock that particular mechanism that heals.  I don't think we are that smart, despite our pleadings. 

Edit:  Just like crime events, could we look back to see where things reached critical mass.  Sometimes I think it's too late to the scene and "death" prevails.  Hence, schools, church, preventative care....

Faith is the key here end3 Jesus makes it clear that with faith you can move mountains. Now I don't see Christians moving mountains, do you? I contest the healing power of this God because the faith that Christians have doesn't work on a practical level. If you really have faith then you should be able to move mountains "A mustard seed" is all you need. 

Get this, if I don't believe in this God but you do, you still can't heal me. Why would the power of faith be contingent on the both us having belief?

1 hour ago, MOHO said:

@theanticrash,

The real reason god does not heal people when they cry out is because he is preoccupied finding parking places right up front at Walmart for some of his more faithful, and hopelessly selfish, parishioners.  <_<

And turning all the traffic light's green, even if it means causing a 10 car pile up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, florduh said:

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

- - - unless it's not.

You are a deep, intelligent thinker florduh. Your the devils special little guy, and his go to guy.

• 4 months later...

Well on going usual xtian bs. 

1: you didnt believe enough

2: you didnt stop sinning enough

3: god works in mysterious ways (most common)

4: didnt give enough money

5: gawd is testing you

6: other people enjoying their lives (ie sin) has caused gawd to leave people to the world they created (put more money in that plate)