Goodbye Jesus

Cat may be out of the bag...

necrosmith

I was showing my new laptop to my Christian father-in-law today.

He decided to open my Firefox browser, which has a giant link to ExChristian.net in the shortcuts bar.

I'm not sure how he could miss it, but he didn't say anything.

We'll see over the next few days if anything becomes of it.

If it does, I think I will use the idea someone else on this board posted - blaspheme the holy spirit and let them know they don't have to waste their time on me.

What I expect tho is that they will come back with once saved, always saved, or some crap like that. In which case I'll respond with, then there's no point having this conversation is there?

Heh.... I opened my inbox right in front of my Catholic uncle, forgetting I had a subscription to ExChristian.net.

Yes, he saw them.

Only one person has ever caught me at this site, and they misread the banner. They think it says "e-christian.net". Looking at the banner now, I can see how they made that mistake. Kinda funny, actually.

It was kind of weird.

Kinda felt like getting caught masturbating.

It was kind of weird.

My mother was visiting once and got on my system. She noticed all the atheist/freethought shortcuts as well as the anarchist ones.

"Are you an atheist?"

"Why, were you spying on me?"

"No, uh, well, uh, I just happened to see them."

"Oh. Ok then."

- paraphrase of actual conversation. You owe no explanation to anyone for your beliefs or inquisitions. You may choose to reveal them or not at your own discretion.

BTW, has anyone not been caught masturbating? :grin:

BTW, has anyone not been caught masturbating? :grin:
As much as I do it, it's amazing that no one's ever caught me.

I've been outted for being an atheist quite a number of times, though.

As much as I do it, it's amazing that no one's ever caught me.

I've been outted for being an atheist quite a number of times, though.

I openly admit I'm an atheist to anyone who asks.

I've never been caught masturbating...I don't want to be...ever.

lol, yeah been outed as a non-christian. And I've come very close to being "caught" masturbating. But it does really worry me that much. My indoctrination in that area failed completely (mainly because they failed to sufficiently define what they meant by masturbation and I never figured it out until many years too late for me to honestly think it was wrong). In my head, having someone walk in on me while I am masturbating would be like someone walking in on me while I am taking a shit. Both are perfectly normal and both are things I wouldn't want someone to walk in on... but neither worry me. Hell, 90% of the time I can't even be bothered to lock the bathroom door, while shitting, (even when not at home) and when at home, if no one is home I probably won't even close the door all the way -- even though someone could walk into our unlocked house and reach the bathroom before I could hear them.

It's just not a worry. Of course, the one time I was close to being caught I think was more embarrassing for the guy who walked into my dorm room. He missed the actual act and didn't see anything but I didn't make any pretense about anything (nor did I bring it up) and I think he figured it out.

Now... being outed as a non-believer... THAT does upset me. I couldn't imagine what I would feel like if I shared that worry in two parts of my life. Although I am getting better about it now that most people know.

Been caught masturbating numerous times. Once when I was a teen by my grandmother. She didn't see anything, but could tell by the look on my face what I had been doing. My mother the new age deist type person who still believes in some type of personal god, when I deconverted and happened to mention my atheism said: You don't believe in God now!!. This shocked her because I was such an extreme fundy, and to not believe at all in anything supernatural came off as unreasonable. So I called myself an agnostic for her benefit. But I am really a weak atheist. Meaning I don't believe the Christian Bible God can exist, but some type of creator god out there might possibly exist and since I can't be everywhere at once I can't say for sure he doesn't.

Guest Kevin B
Been caught masturbating numerous times. Once when I was a teen by my grandmother. She didn't see anything, but could tell by the look on my face what I had been doing. My mother the new age deist type person who still believes in some type of personal god, when I deconverted and happened to mention my atheism said: You don't believe in God now!!. This shocked her because I was such an extreme fundy, and to not believe at all in anything supernatural came off as unreasonable. So I called myself an agnostic for her benefit. But I am really a weak atheist. Meaning I don't believe the Christian Bible God can exist, but some type of creator god out there might possibly exist and since I can't be everywhere at once I can't say for sure he doesn't.

My own mom is going to be baptized as a 7th day adventist next week.

Why do you call your position weak atheism? I tend to think that existence of deity is possible, but sincerely doubt it. Things make more sense without God, and life is more fun.

Why do you call your position weak atheism?  I tend to think that existence of deity is possible, but sincerely doubt it.  Things make more sense without God, and life is more fun.

The position you're describing is (among nonbelivers) referred to as weak atheism. Strong atheism is the position that there are no god(s).

Guest Kevin B
The position you're describing is (among nonbelivers) referred to as weak atheism.  Strong atheism is the position that there are no god(s).

I kind of thought that's what I said. I don't believe in God. I think the concept of a supreme being is logically impossible.

That said, any researcher knows that you never want to say never either. I have more than 99.99% ruled out the existence of deity.

One who would say that they are 100% certain that there are no Gods needs to remember that they are dealing with a hypothesis that is not falsifiable. That sort of dogma is akin to religion.

He decided to open my Firefox browser, which has a giant link to ExChristian.net in the shortcuts bar.

If it does, I think I will use the idea someone else on this board posted - blaspheme the holy spirit and let them know they don't have to waste their time on me. 

What I expect tho is that they will come back with once saved, always saved, or some crap like that.  In which case I'll respond with, then there's no point having this conversation is there?

Or you can say what I say (and is true).....

Christian apologetics >>>>> I'm learning how to defend my faith. ;)

Tap

Or you can say what I say (and is true).....

Christian apologetics >>>>> I'm learning how to defend my faith. ;)

Tap

Oh? And who has caught you, dear TAP?

Guest Peyton

I once got caught masturbating by my Mum. I had my headphones on, listening to music and was sitting in my room 'spanking the plank!' I don't know how long she was standing there but I opened my eyes and there she was, just gawping. She told me in no uncertain times that I had brought shame on her and the family and that I was disgusting and vulgar!

I once got caught masturbating by my Mum.  I had my headphones on, listening to music and was sitting in my room 'spanking the plank!'  I don't know how long she was standing there but I opened my eyes and there she was, just gawping.  She told me in no uncertain times that I had brought shame on her and the family and that I was disgusting and vulgar!

What??? She was watching you???? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Peyton

She wasn't watching me. She was waiting to let me know what a disgraceful human being I am. She's a Christian who doesn't go to church and has major issues with sex and sexuality.

Reminds me of a song.

She wasn't watching me.  She was waiting to let me know what a disgraceful human being I am.  She's a Christian who doesn't go to church and has major issues with sex and sexuality.

You should tell her to masturbate more.

Make sure you duck the slap after you say it though.

:begood:

Guest Peyton

I was about 15 at the time and she was okay about things after, in fact I was downstairs and eating dinner about an hour later. I never forgot the way she looked at me though, she could scold me then without saying a word. She made me feel as filthy and as lowdown as I've ever felt. Thankfully, she didn't get to see me ejaculate, only tug!

What I expect tho is that they will come back with once saved, always saved, or some crap like that.  In which case I'll respond with, then there's no point having this conversation is there?

:Doh:

finally told my mom i'm a non ... we started discussing things and she basically told me i had to pick and choose my discussions as not to insult others... the phone rang and i had to not respond... but i wanted to tell her... so in other words you can jesus me but if i freethought shuuuudup huh and more.... oh but i do love her... or i woulda chewed her ass ... i can be quite militant on occasion :wicked:

Well, my mum is not someone I hide secrets from. She was also a freethinker when she had me.

I do remember not having the sense to hide my lack of belief in School... I can't tell you how many times kids screamed at me "YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD??????

It doesn't come up nowadays...

Merlin