Goodbye Jesus

The tentacles of religion

quinntar

Having been stuck on the streets & in emergency accommodation for the last 2 weeks I've discovered some horrible fact's about the homeless service's

We in Australia are short on non religious charity organizations, most of them are based around some religious agenda, I was completely demoralized to accept charity from these God freaks. I in fact got caught up in their religious activities for a while. I had to play into there little religious games just to sleep in their church. I have a few Christians spewing their pathetic charitable acts on me, while they hope they can bring me around to their enlightened way of belief.

But I couldn't accept their charity under those conditions anymore, so I left and lived on the cold streets walking around for days without being able sleep. Finally today I got enough money to book a hotel room for a week, I can just chill out and plan my next move.

• Sad 3

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

What a sucky situation, @theanticrash

Gladd you have some digs for a while. 

Joke.

A man who ran into an old Christian friend on the streets said

"I am the Lord Jesus Christ"

The Christian then asks if he could prove it to him.

"Sure" The man says, follow me.

So the Christian follows him into the red light district to a house.

The man then knocks on the door, and then a woman answer's.

"Jesus Christ! You again"

Similar situation in Canada. A lot of charitable organizations are religious based but now they have to be hush about it. For about 6 months around the year here though being left to live outside is a death sentence. Alright that's a bit dramatic. For about 3/4 months though (collectively) it is below 0; deep freezes at random and you're below -20 for days/weeks ie. forstbite, hypothermia, death in less than an hour. You are only going to be comfortable sleeping outside for a total of 2 months usually around the end of Spring and beginning of Fall. Too ridiculously hot in the summer a lot now. Always too ridiculously cold to live in the winter.

Good luck to you man. Sucks these agencies often get the funding first yet their generosity is so deeply conditional if the government lets it go unchecked.