Goodbye Jesus

You think you are free, but you are actually in chains

SerenelyBlue

The devil is really skilled at taking your faith in Jesus Christ away.  You feel like you have been freed from Christianity, but you have actually jumped into the lion's cage.  Remember how the Holy Spirit touched you.  He is still waiting to release you from the prison you have fallen into.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Super Moderator

An actual "devil" exists? Can you prove that? Not so much to me, but to yourself. Bible stories and hallucinations are not proof or evidence of anything. Go!

• Like 2

The devil is a power in the spiritual dimension of the cosmos.  He is very real.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, SerenelyBlue said:

The devil is a power in the spiritual dimension of the cosmos.  He is very real.

Again, evidence or just assertion?

2 minutes ago, florduh said:

Again, evidence or just assertion?

Personal experience as evidence.  The devil has repeatedly attacked me.

• Super Moderator
31 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

As I said, hallucinations aren't evidence of anything other than mental imbalance. But let's set that aside for now. Why are you so important to that supposed devil?

1 hour ago, SerenelyBlue said:

You think you are free, but you are actually in chains

I would level that assertion at you yourself! You are the one in chains ... the chains of fear! 

You will never see that until you TRULY get outside the protective "eggshell of christianity" and look back in again. You have NEVER truly done that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
42 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Why doesn't jesus kick his ass for you?  Is it because you don't have enough faith?  Is there hidden sin in your life?  Is jesus too weak?  Or doesn't love you enough?

Why does your "loving" god leave you living in fear and under spiritual attack?

• Like 3

I am sorry for the trouble.  I am agnostic.

• Like 1

@SerenelyBlue I hope you are doing ok. 

I know things get messy for you from time to time. 

I dont really mind when things swing religious for you and you start posting like this except that worry a little and hope youre ok. 

Take care of yourself!

good luck. 

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

@SerenelyBlue     You are a kind, caring person.  We are on your side.  Don't ever forget that.    

• Like 3

Thank you

On 7/26/2018 at 4:27 AM, florduh said:

An actual "devil" exists? Can you prove that? Not so much to me, but to yourself. Bible stories and hallucinations are not proof or evidence of anything. Go!

I can sum up the devil in one word "Want" I think that human wants have plagued humankind since the dawn of their self awareness. Our greatest enemy is ourselves and our want for more and more, it consumes us at such a deep level.

Need's on the other hand can be overlooked for what we want, but if with live within our need's we will not victimize ourselves our other's.

Look around you, do you see mall after mall, shopping center after shopping center that serves as a want station?

Buy more junk, eat more food, entertain yourself more, work more, more and more the devil (Want) grows. Until what? There's nothing more left to consume, then what? It can't end well for us.

19 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I am sorry for the trouble.  I am agnostic.

Agnostic Theist? 

Not knowing whether god exists but choosing to believe god exists anyways? 

Looks at my feet, looks at my hands, looks through a plethora of instruments. Nope no chains. Are you sure youre not the one in chains? To a middle eastern cult that murdered their way into power on a river of blood?