Goodbye Jesus

New form of neural communication found

Joshpantera

https://www.sciencealert.com/neuroscientists-say-they-ve-found-an-entirely-new-form-of-neural-communication

@midniterider

<snipage below>

Scientists think they've identified a previously unknown form of neural communication that self-propagates across brain tissue, and can leap wirelessly from neurons in one section of brain tissue to another – even if they've been surgically severed.

The discovery offers some radical new insights about the way neurons might be talking to one another, via a mysterious process unrelated to conventionally understood mechanisms, such as synaptic transmission, axonal transport, and gap junction connections.

"We don't know yet the 'So what?' part of this discovery entirely," says neural and biomedical engineer Dominique Durand from Case Western Reserve University.

"But we do know that this seems to be an entirely new form of communication in the brain, so we are very excited about this."

Sounds like electrical inductance and/or electromagnetic radiation. It's well known scientific theory that electricity moving down a wire causes a magnetic field and that a magnetic field can induce a voltage in another conductor across free space (or in an iron core). Radio waves, like the newly discovered brain activity in this article are both described as self-propagating and wireless. They need no medium through which to travel. It makes me wonder that the electrical mechanics of it might be similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjJiG8NdQM

"The team's most radical finding was that these electrical fields can activate neurons through a complete gap in severed brain tissue, when the two pieces remain in close physical proximity." Sounds like how a transformer works to me?

It's interesting to know that our brain is a radio transmitter though, isn't it ? Being a radio hobbyist, it's pretty apparent that radio waves are very pervasive. They get into everything. When I press the transmit button on a walkie talkie it trips the GFCI breaker in the bathroom. :) (Florduh will probably just tell me to ground my shit :) Electromagnetic brain signals can be read through your skull on an EEG. I wonder how far they can self-propagate through space....(oooo-EEEEE-ooooo) . LoL.

Maybe none of this has to do with electrical inductance or radio waves and is really "magic" (haha) but, being a radio nerd, that kinda jumped out at me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems very very interesting with potentially great possibilities but obviously much more research should be done on this before time-consuming well-considered decisions as to the validity and potential use of this effect could be seriously considered. It could take years.

• Thanks 1