Goodbye Jesus

Christian Religion?

Guest radical4him

Guest radical4him

Religion???

Man, what a bunch of nonsense!

People are trying to search for a God, but they can't find him!!! OOOOPSSSSS.

Religion is searching for a God.

Relationship is knowing God and having an intimate relationship with Him.

Why search for God if you can know Him??

OOOOOOOO!!!! I forgot.

JESUS!!!!

He reached out to us! He wanted to have a relationship with us!

AWESOME!!

Thank God Christianity is not a religion!!!!! praise God it's a relationship!!!!!

Goodbye Jesus

yes, it IS A RELIGION.... :ugh: Use a friggin dictionary

and why is this is in the science vs. religion section anyway?

how do you form a relationship with something you cant find?

your contradicting yourself to death here is that to make some kind of point?

Guest radical4him

Kuroikaze: People made the name 'Religion'. It evolved.... = - )!!

Religion does not come from God. It's man's idea mate!

Willi:

You can know God. Ask Him to talk to you. Ask Him. I dare you.

How do you wait for Him? Like you wait for a bus. Just sit and wait till he comes!

Mods - can you move this thread to somewhere appropriate? Lion's Den, maybe?

i did do that i tried for a week. all that happened was i fell asleep in a kneeling position.

he still can come i havent said he couldnt. but iv yet to see him. prove god exists i dare ya.

Willi:

How do you wait for Him? Like you wait for a bus. Just sit and wait till he comes!

Religion???

OOOOOOOO!!!! I forgot.

JESUS!!!!

AWESOME!!

Thank God Christianity is not a religion!!!!! praise God it's a relationship!!!!!

Can you prove any of the statements you just made?

Willi:

You talking to god is called prayer.; god talking to you is called scitzophrenia.

Wait for god like you wait for a bus?

A bus has schedule and the bus will show up at a certain time if you look at the schedule. It is not sit and wait for the bus, it will come eventually, if you just wait long enough and have enough faith that the bus will come.

The bus comes because, it has a route and people plan the route the bus takes. You can also transfer to other buses and no one tells you that you can only take one bus or there is only one right bus. You can also take many buses to get to the same place.

Taph

radical are you coming back or are you one of those hit and runs that sling shit and run.

I'd hate to even bother a mod with moving this...

Prolly easier to just delete it. :shrug:

Religion???

OOOOOOOO!!!! I forgot.

JESUS!!!!

AWESOME!!

Do you realize what an idiot you look like to the world? Or do you just bask in the euphoria of pure ignorance and stunted mental and emotional growth?

I reiterate: Radical4Him = Psycho Freak du jour!

Where in the Babble does it say flat-out that Xianity is a "relationship" and not a religion? Common sense shows that it is a religion. It has at least one god, rituals in honor of said god, a mythology, and a philosophy based on its mythology. It's got all the necessary components.

I always hated the "it's a relationship, not a religion" argument. That always made it seem so wishy-washy. Kind of the "Jeezus™ wants a relationship with you" argument. Even as a Xian I never really believed that, though I did try to establish one. I can't recall the amount of times I literally fell asleep praying to Jeezus™, just like willy. And in the end, nothing. So much for an all-powerful god who'd you'd think would at least show himself once if he really wants me to believe in him.

Wait, wait, ok, I got it!

Shit, I lost it. :Doh:

exactly, and your religion is just as man made as any other :shrug:

Just sit and wait till he comes!

...comes up your arse, that is.

Not really.

Defination of Religion

1a)Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

B)A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

2)The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

3)A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

4)A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Christianity and other belief system fit the description quite correctly, especially no. 3.

mods...I feel that this thread is in the wrong section...I recommend that this thread be shifted to the lions den

People are trying to search for a God, but they can't find him!!! OOOOPSSSS

Muslims claim to have found god. Jews claim to have found god. Hundred of others claim the same. Their claims aren't less valid than yours, as long as you don't present proof.

Saying that christianity is not a religion is being completely ignorant of the history of how it was created.

I don't think this guy will be back.

Where in the Babble does it say flat-out that Xianity is a "relationship" and not a religion?

I think in the general sense, according to modern definitions, you could call Christianity a religion. But the Bible says no such thing. The NT records "religion" five times and typically speaks of Judaism. Christianity is having an eternal relationship with God: " And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent." (John 17:3). Christianity is the revelation knowledge that Christ is the Son of the living God (Matt. 16:16). It is knowing God through a spiritual experience, not a religious one. But I can understand why it is perceived as a religion.

I think in the general sense, according to modern definitions, you could call Christianity a religion. But the Bible says no such thing. The NT records "religion" five times and typically speaks of Judaism. Christianity is having an eternal relationship with God: " And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent." (John 17:3). Christianity is the revelation knowledge that Christ is the Son of the living God (Matt. 16:16). It is knowing God through a spiritual experience, not a religious one. But I can understand why it is perceived as a religion.

:ugh: How do you arrive at the conclusion your belief in your Christ as a savior god is the True one? Please also illustrate for us why Osiris isn't the "real" man-god. He was after all born Dec 25th, about 4,000 or 3,500 B.C. He was also raised from the dead and was considered the savior god/man to millions of people long before Christ was even thought of. You can no more prove your bible mangod is real no more then you can prove Osiris isn't. No fair using your holy book as proof either as the people had their holy books as proof just as you do. People had deep faith and devotion in him, he came to save them from death all after all. Just about every belief in Christianity mirrors another pagan region, from Important dates to Important story's.

Nothing in Christianity is Original, new or different.It is in no way unique or set apart from pagan worship and beliefs. Different names of different gods is the only variance, all the same rituals (from Communion (representing cannibalism :woopsie: of eating gods to become godlike) To Easter, (Eggs and rabbits look them up) To Christmas (Sun worship) Days of Worship (Sun-god Days) Prayers, Heaven, Hell, Angles, demons, Creation, death, all of it.

Well, Jesus made my life a living hell...So the only relationship I can equate it with is an abusive one, and I am so glad I left!

You can have Jesus all to yourself.

Religion???

OOOOOOOO!!!! I forgot.

JESUS!!!!

AWESOME!!

Well Radical4him...

I think you might oughtta consider that maybe you are betting on the wrong horse. I mean, it's written in black & white for you; right out of the "holy book..."

5:14 And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians," We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they were admonished. Therefor We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will inform them of their handiwork.

5:14 dounds like a damned fine prophecy when I look at the state of the christian church nowdays; what do you have now? 30,000 denominations so far?! I'd be willing to bet that maybe a good half of them are saying all the others are going to hell. Jesus may have pegged a few prophecies from the old testament, but sounds like old Mohammed had you guys pegged pretty well before the protestant reformation even started...

5:10 And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.

5:17 They indeed have disbelieved who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. Say: Who then can do aught against Allah, if He had willed to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, and his mother and everyone on earth ? Allah's is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them. He createth what He will. And Allah is Able to do all things.

Sorry dude, but it appears that you got it wrong; it's written right here in front of you... Looks like you bet on the wrong horse and will be sharing hell with the rest of us heathens!

...shame these guys are generally just one-hit wonders. I'd kinda like to go into another one of those "my god has a bigger dick than those other gods" discussions with someone who thinks his holy book is the only one that actually says anything worth reading. (especially when 99.9% of them haven't ever even read anything but the bible...)

Guest radical4him

Willi:

If I leave lots of junk in a garage for 3000 years, would you get a brand new BMW on the end of that??

Off caurse not. An intelligent designer designed that and made it.

So who made a tree? You say nature. Ok, where did the previous tree come from, and the previous one.....and lets go on to the beginning of beginnings.

How did something exists from Nothing??

Yeah your'e right my friend. Someone had to make that little something.

The chances of that just happend is zero to minus zero...

Designer - > Design

Creator - > Creation

Then we can go on and on from Jesus to personal experience. Everything shouts that there is a God!

You have to be rather blind not to see it my friend.

O yes, by the way. I'm not on this forum 24/7. I do it in my precious spare time. so if I do not answer, I do not run!Give me some time.

Does anyone know what a troll is?

It's someone who incites a flamewar with an obviously angering post.

Ignore him and he will go away, you have better thnigs to do with your life than try to reason with this brick wall of a human.

O yes, by the way. I'm not on this forum 24/7. I do it in my precious spare time. so if I do not answer, I do not run!Give me some time.

The standard bullshit excuse the minute their crap is exposed for what it's worth. Oh I am so busy to answer - blah blah blah.

:Wendywhatever: