Goodbye Jesus

Support for us who are debilitated by anomalistic experiences like synchronicity, esp etc.

Musicmatters

I suffer from a severe mental disorder called OCD. And as many of you may already know, many people with ocd and other mental illnesses suffer from strange and debilitating anomalistic experiences like strange coincidences and synchronicities that we can't explain.

They feel telepathic and psychic like, or like we're manifesting it with our thoughts. They scare us and cause depression, distress, and anger. Many of us are fighting to be skeptic and rational thinkers when it comes to things like the paranormal, but these experiences keep happening and they're driving us insane. 

What we go through is what psychologists call magical thinking, and we want to accept that and move on, but our experiences are so strange and debilitating that instead of moving on, our ocd progresses into a form of ocd called "ocd with psychotic features or ocd with poor insight"

Our ocd is so bad that we're on the same level in suffering as schizophrenics. 

*I know this is true because of my own suffering and reading about the severe suffering of other OCD sufferers.*

During my research I found out that schizotypal and schizophrenia sufferers also go through these synchronistic/psychic like experiences. And many theories have been brought forth like too much dopamine causing overactive pattern recognition, among other explanations. But the experiences happen so much and feel so real that the explanations don't add up and im left in severe mental pain.

Here's a link to the theory that dopamine causes overactive pattern recognition in mental illnesses like schizophrenia:

https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/en/publications/from-realworld-events-to-psychosis(699417f3-841e-4b2c-aa62-79fef843c3d5)/export.html

After searching and searching for more rational explanations, I realized that with these type of things it will be impossible to find a definite answer to.

So after awhile I realized that the best thing that could help me was by finding a place of like minded people who also go through these things as well so we can share similar experiences and find peace. 

Before this forum my favorite ocd forum was "stuck in a door" (which is nolonger working) because it had many posts of people going through these experiences. And it really helped me out alot and helped me stay strong without worrying about finding an answer.

I'm creating this thread so that people who suffer from these experiences can have a place to to find relief by reading other people's experiences and to share their own experiences to help others.

I feel like this is one of the most debilitating things an ocd or any mentally ill person can go through. I say that because so many cultures around the world accept the things we go through as already true without trying to find other natural explanations first.

But many of us mentally ill people (despite our experiences) are fighting to be rational, critical thinkers and scientific minded, but because of so many people who believe in this stuff without investigation, it makes it painful for us, because it's hard to find rational dialogue about our experiences. 

Many of us want to find a place where others share our experiences and a place where scientific minded people will try to give rational explanations to what we go through.

For many ocd issues the common advice is: accept it and walk away. 
But there are certain things that are just too difficult to accept and walk away. To walk away from some things, first we need to know we're not along to give us strength. And this is one of those things.

And I hope this thread can be that place for those of us who are contemplating suicide because of these experiences. 

Personally I suffer from many strange anomalistic synchronicity or psychic experiences. I will explain one of them below. Right now I feel horrible and like the only way out is suicide. So I look forward to reading other comments regarding these experiences to give me some type of peace.

Here's one of my regular experiences:

A scary intrusive thought hits me, and  then my mind suddenly thinks that the random world "Bob" will be said to confirm that it's true. For some strange reason I can sense Bob being said.  It's like the word Bob will be a sign of confirmation. Then in a split second the word Bob is actually said and I freak out and panic, because these strange things are not supposed to happen. This happens to me multiple times a day. And it's not just words, it other specific sounds and events. 

I fight to be rational but It gets so bad that I feel that something supernatural is causing it to happen to destroy my life. And I have to immediately go to google to search for rational answers to get my rationality back. 

It all happens in either a split second, or a 5 second window. First the intrusive thought  then the intrusive thought of a sudden word or sound or the thought of something else happening to confirm it as a sign happens right after thinking it. Then the things I saw as a sign actually happens. It never fails.

Sometimes these signs will seem to be caused by my next action, for example: sometimes there is a strong intrusive thought of something bad or good happening and then a feeling that if I turn left or right to pick up something for example, then the specific noise will happen that will confirm the good or bad thought as true. Sometimes the noises feel like they're just waiting for your next action to synchronize it with the sound you're thinking of, so that the universe can show you that it all is real, and that it's goal is to hurt you. It feels as if you're manifesting it into reality. 

Here's an interesting example story:

When me and my ex girlfriend were together we we're texting back and forth while she was at work. (We met online, she lived overseas, and we had never met in person) Suddenly while we're texting, she stops because she gets too busycat work. During this time I take a break myself and I go in the kitchen to get something to eat. So I can take a break with her. I left my phone on the bed. I leave for 2 or 3 hours. While I'm gone, it hits me that she's obviously gonna text me back before I get back into the room giving that I will be gone for so long. The longer I stay gone I start to hope that she has already texted me back. But then a scary ocd intrusive thought hits and says that she hasn't texted me back yet, but that she will do it as soon as I get back settled into my room, and that that will prove that we're all connected or something or that there's a psychic or law of attraction type thing happening with all of us and it will prove that a supernatural force is controlling everything. 

After this intrusive thought I'm hoping that she has already texted me to prove this ocd type thought wrong. 

But unfortunately when I get back into the room everything happened as I thought it. But with a horrible twist:

I entered my room. My phone was sitting on my bed on the charger. At this point I didn't know if I got a text from her or not.  I was afraid to check it because I had a strong feeling that OCD was right and that she hadn't yet texted me back. A minute had gone by without me checking and I was really anxious.

I think I then checked it and confirmed that there was no text and found myself even more anxious because the OCD thought was beginning to manifest.

While severely anxious I put my phone down on my bed, and opened my dresser in my room and then while looking through my dresser this strong intrusive thought and feeling hits me that my girlfriend is gonna die and that when I turn left to reach for the item i was looking for, she will text me in that exact moment to confirm that it's true. And I pause for a moment in fear, and panic, and anger, and then after waiting for a good minute I try to challenge the OCD by angerly turning left and getting the item, and just like the OCD told me, she texted me! How in the hell does this stuff happen!? Right on cue as if it was destined! The whole time deep down inside from the moment the intrusive thought hit me while I was in the kitchen, I felt like the thought was correct, and that she wasn't gonna text me until I got into my room and settled in for at least 3-5 minutes.

Those moments happen alot faster and more consitant than the example above, but I just thought that was an important story to show the other ways it can manifest.

As I mentioned briefly before that story, it also happens with good positive thoughts. For example: You have a good positive thought about something in your life and then the OCD instrusively says that you're gonna hear something that's gonna confirm it as true, and that it will mean that something supernatural exists. And just as OCD predicted, the sound that it intrusively put into your mind is actually heard seconds later and in that moment you feel that that positive thought is tainted because you don't won't to believe something supernatural is controlling everything. It happens so often that It feels like a evil force is doing this to mess with you so you can't enjoy anything in life. It hits you so hard that you just break down and cry sometimes. It causes fits of rage and anger because you know this shouldn't be happening this often. 

It's not just with sounds in the environment and words from people. But it's also with numbers on clocks and any other thing you can imagine. But it's just more constant with words and sounds from people and inanimate objects. I.e. telphone ringing, car horns, heating and air conditioning coming on and going off and radios and TV's. Etc.  

I tried to find rational explanations for these things like the subconscious, intuition, confirmation bias, or just having psychotic breaks from the severe OCD. And in the past I started to feel better with these explanations, but then I realized that it was happening so much that non of the explanations added up anymore,  and i realized it's not delusion, or any other explanation, but that it was actually happening. 

A long time ago I read on another ocd forum someone explaining this experience as "automatic coincidence" 

And that's the perfect explanation, it feels automatic as if the synchronicity was destined to happen in the sequence. Or like you're manifesting it into reality. If there is a rational explanation then the only one at this point would be the one by psychologist Kirby Surprise who says that we control 3 to 6 percent of our environment and the other one being quantum entanglement which says that our minds are naturally connected through quatum mechanics.

Here's two YouTube videos of Kirby Surprise explaining his theory of synchronicity:

(Part 1): https://youtu.be/gwBluKDTnl0
(Part 2): https://youtu.be/9T-PRlmoIFY

Here's a rational perspective on quantum entanglement and psychic experiences:

https://www.yourtango.com/2018310374/what-quantum-entanglement-and-how-it-explains-why-some-people-are-psychic

And here's a link to a scientific study that says that we unconsciously react to events up to 10 seconds before they happen. And it’s called “Predictive Anticipatory Activity”

https://www.dailygrail.com/2014/03/scientific-research-suggests-we-unconsciously-react-to-events-up-to-10-seconds-before-they-happen/

Many people experience these type of things with deja Vu, but I don't experience it that way, (or at least not that often) I just usually get a strong intrusive psychic sense of a word or sound from someone that I didn't choose to think of, and someone says it a second or 5 seconds later. 

With these experiences I've been on the verge of suicide and getting closer and closer everyday because of the severe mental pain they cause. 

The only reason I'm still alive is because of well known paranormal skeptics that I look up to like James Randi, Michael Shermer, Kirby Surprise, and Susan Blackmore among  many others. 

(James Randi's rational explanation for synchronicity/Psychic experiences): https://youtu.be/xhx2T-ul3FE

(One of Susan Blackmore's discussions about the existence of the paranormal): https://youtu.be/8pKcN2eTyIw

In an effort to better understand these experiences and provoke rational discussion I will also like to add that people who do drugs like weed and psychedelics also experience these type of things often. So is there a correlation with a brain suffering from mental illness and a brain that's high on drugs? From my research on drug users who have these experiences, my verdict is that there is and I suggest that we study these people. 

What ever is in those drugs that's causing their brains to experience these things must be the same thing that's in the brain of a person with a mental illness. 

Here's one of those posts by a drug user experiening this. It's from a marijuana support forum: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/telepathy-psychic-abilities-whilst-stoned-d.283254/

Ironically after I calm down from these OCD/synchronicity attacks and I see a little rationality, I find myself facinated by all these experiences, because I wonder how is it possible for a simple brain to do all of these things!

If anybody else sufferers from these things please share and give me some type of peace that other people are in this fight with me.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 8:58 PM, Musicmatters said:

And here's a link to a scientific study that says that we unconsciously react to events up to 10 seconds before they happen. And it’s called “Predictive Anticipatory Activity”

https://www.dailygrail.com/2014/03/scientific-research-suggests-we-unconsciously-react-to-events-up-to-10-seconds-before-they-happen/

@midniterider

Check this guys links. Sound familiar? 

And what about Kirby's Surprise's theory of synchronicity against human evolution and the mind obtaining survival oriented mechanisms that adjust the way that the mind filters in favor of survival! Watch the video below: 

I was surprised to hear how freaking close Kirby's theory is to what I was speculating about previously concerning the possible roll of survival oriented evolution of the mind specifically. That's exactly what my personal experimentation and focus into these matters rendered as a 'likely' reason for the connection between dire, emotionally charged times and the synchronistic events unfolding in like fashion. Time and again. Year after year. Decade after decade. Regularly with recognizable patterns. Survival mechanism from early human evolution just seemed like the most glaring possibility to look at. 

And, what's more, his theory of how religious people would be inclined to interpret it as if external forces are intervening in their favor! We could be talking to a theist and no matter how nonsensical a certain belief may be, let's say a biblical belief, they would ultimately lay back on synchronistic experiences as over riding proof in their minds that the atheists are wrong and theists are right. But only because of not understanding the connections between their own minds and the synchronistic events that happen so regularly when it's the most important, when it's absolutely dire. When they are the most likely to be passionately praying about something. For some it's the holy spirit, or jesus or whatever culturally conditioned myth they happen to have floating around in their minds. While being blind to the aspect of their own mind's potential role in the events. 

And 42:00 minutes forward is extremely interesting in light of this. 

Anywho, I wanted to alert you to this new information about Kirby Surprise..... 

• Like 1

That's pretty cool stuff. I remember being amazed by Benjamin Libet's experiments on free will. The PAA article is pretty cool. 1-10 seconds is more impressive than the 200 or so milliseconds response in LIbet's experiments.

I like how Kirby frames his explanation of synchronicity in a material scientific fashion. All we are doing is requesting a certain probability from the pool of infinite probabilities to collapse the wave function. :) 

He's not really saying that we can get anything we want either. He's saying that we may improve the odds of getting something that is 'possible' to get We can also remove the filters that we have placed in our minds to filter out stuff that is unimportant, or that we've been told is unimportant (or I might assert, what we've been told is impossible). 

Mom liked to say that ghosts were bullshit and people who believed in ghosts were crazy. Well, maybe I took that information to heart because I've never seen a ghost. My ex has plenty of ghost stories.

We explain away what we dont believe is possible. (See that other thread) Maybe people arent really lying to themselves when they say they do see or don't see something. Maybe their world view has just filtered it out. 

I may get Kirby's book. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, midniterider said:

I like how Kirby frames his explanation of synchronicity in a material scientific fashion. All we are doing is requesting a certain probability from the pool of infinite probabilities to collapse the wave function. :) 

He's not really saying that we can get anything we want either. He's saying that we may improve the odds of getting something that is 'possible' to get We can also remove the filters that we have placed in our minds to filter out stuff that is unimportant, or that we've been told is unimportant (or I might assert, what we've been told is impossible). 

I find it interesting to try breaking into how evolution ties into all of this. Another point that I found especially interesting is how he ties it to organic life in general. And how animals have tested in similar ways to people. I'm sure the book goes into some pretty interesting stuff. 

8 hours ago, midniterider said:

Mom liked to say that ghosts were bullshit and people who believed in ghosts were crazy. Well, maybe I took that information to heart because I've never seen a ghost. My ex has plenty of ghost stories.

We explain away what we dont believe is possible. (See that other thread) Maybe people arent really lying to themselves when they say they do see or don't see something. Maybe their world view has just filtered it out. 

One point about driving oneself crazy thinking about the paranormal is the main results from Dean Radin's testing. Theurgy has the least going for it in testing. Anything that can be claimed as spirits or ghosts can just as easily be someone orchestrating it all with their own minds and consciousness. So it doesn't rule out ghosts and spirits, but there's always a lingering simple explanation. Adding Kirby's take tends to further that line of thought. I like how he asked himself, his own subconscious to tell him how it all works. And then the answers began to unfold. He consciously used the system in a specific way. Most people use it without any focus on what it is they're doing. 

Someone once told me that magic doesn't affect other people's reality, it affects your personal reality. Kirby echoed that idea. I've 'created' synchronicities that resulted in something positive for me that maybe nobody else would even care about, consider important, nor even notice.  

And yes, I see your point with ghost thoughts. People who experience ghosts may be mirroring their own thoughts back to themselves. 

Christian's may create their own jesus experiences with mirrored thoughts. 

Non believers would be highly unlikely to have any such experiences. 

Then both group lock horns because they both know they are right. And they both are. 

This doesn't mean there is a jesus. Just that people have created one in their personal world to some extent. 

Chaos magic , like Kirby's synchronicity centers around communicating your wants to a powerful subconscious. 

One of the popular chaos magic authors said if you get what you ask for 2 out of 5 times then you're doing pretty good. Kirby says we affect 3 to 5 percent of our reality. 

7 hours ago, midniterider said:

Chaos magic , like Kirby's synchronicity centers around communicating your wants to a powerful subconscious. 

One of the popular chaos magic authors said if you get what you ask for 2 out of 5 times then you're doing pretty good. Kirby says we affect 3 to 5 percent of our reality. 

His second video went into some interesting thoughts too: 

• Like 1

I started part 2 earlier...need to finish it. It's good stuff. 

• Like 1

During my 1st marriage when things were unraveling, when it was obvious my wife was cheating at work, I went through a period of synchronistic events. I was basically watching everything go to hell in a hand basket. I let it fall apart. I determined that she wasn't worth trying to salvage. But in all of this, I started playing "Lying Eyes" on my guitar quite often. And ignoring her when she was home.

And I started hearing that song all the time. It was actually ridiculous how much feed back came from it. And I could see her get uneasy when it would come on if we were in the car or out somewhere. As if she wondered, WTF, why does this keep coming on all the time? Random places. Radio. Someone's house on their play list. Over and over again during that time period. 

After I moved out. It stopped playing all the time. The feed back mechanism went back to random - according to this lecture we're looking at in the first and second videos. 

This didn't drive me insane, though. Because I was already conscious of the claim that the sub conscious mind can attract things like this accordingly. I didn't know it down to the detail discussed in this lecture yet (with specific percentages and all), but I was aware of it in a more vague sense of being aware of it. I didn't find it paranormal in any way. And ultimately I grabbed the bull by the horns and started changing my own thought patterns consciously as a means of doing what needed to be done and pulling myself out of the train wreck I was on. It worked. But as to hearing Lying Eyes, I don't even really hear it much at all anymore. Just for that one summer, basically, all the time. Then back to nada and once in a blue moon. I don't play it, and now I don't hear it all the time either. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

Minute 25:44 on the Part 2 video. Reality, hallucination and dreams ... all constructed in the same part of the brain.  

Ok definitely getting the book now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kirby's religious and political analysis concerning synchronicity, does tend to speak towards the big debate. Luth sees a christian universe. That's his feed back mechanism. That's the mirror image that he's both putting out and then receiving back in like fashion. And maybe synchronistic events contribute to supporting the belief that an external power, force, and being, is active in his life. He experiences it subjectively, and so we couldn't convince him otherwise. But the underlying simple explanation could be that he has been doing it all within his own mind, the whole time. But has failed to hammer it down, focus in really close, and see the correspondence between mind and the corresponding feed back. 

58 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Kirby's religious and political analysis concerning synchronicity, does tend to speak towards the big debate. Luth sees a christian universe. That's his feed back mechanism. That's the mirror image that he's both putting out and then receiving back in like fashion. And maybe synchronistic events contribute to supporting the belief that an external power, force, and being, is active in his life. He experiences it subjectively, and so we couldn't convince him otherwise. But the underlying simple explanation could be that he has been doing it all within his own mind, the whole time. But has failed to hammer it down, focus in really close, and see the correspondence between mind and the corresponding feed back. 

Christians who are experiencing (unknowingly creating) synchronicities that color their universe in a Christian way are probably incredulous as to why exes aren't seeing that. Ex-Christians who have turned off that section of belief in their mind (filtered it out) are probably incredulous as to why Christians see a Christian world. 

Belief is a power. As above, so below. :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I create that which I see.

Whatever that, or any of the above, actually means.

As I think I've said before - of this I am sure.  Whatever "reality" is - there is likely some basis which is both simpler and more profound than any of us realise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe if they get some really hard evidence they can title something, "Kirby's Surprise." It has a certain ring to it. 😂

Like the 3 - 6% influence ratio that test subjects, including animals, seemed to have on influencing their realities. 

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

I still love magic. I like to pretend I am writing my own life story now and am watching it unfold and it does seem like synchronicities keep happening......

It's fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Margee said:

I still love magic. I like to pretend I am writing my own life story now and am watching it unfold and it does seem like synchronicities keep happening......

It's fun!

Let's hear it for fun!

• Haha 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.