Goodbye Jesus

Hello

pkbutrfli

Does anyone here know Bob Thieme?  

I am a preacher’s daughter. My dad (preacher man) and family worshipped and still worships Bob Thieme and his philosophy. I learned a lot. 

I don’t come from some ushy gooshy lovey dovey aspect of Christianity.  Take your fuzzy feelings and shove it, I’ll show you how. 

I’m lurking in the “Lions Den” and other places on this wonderful site. I love you all!!!  (Yes that’s gushy ushy icky and sticky) you aren’t god so I know damned well you’ll forgive me!!!!  

Seriously!!!  I love this site and all of you regulars. I hope to become one. 

Maybe I’ll stop lurking and become gushy and mushy for those idiots that want me to read the Bible and see if I come to their conclusion. Because we all know they’re only trying to save my soul right?

• Like 1

Welcome and please do contribute as you can. We'd love to hear your perspective on things. Don't forget to stop by the clubs section and check out the totally off topic, news and humor sections too.

Hi and welcome :)

Hey @pkbutrfli (What in Sam Hell does that mean?) :)

Gush, mushy. Yeah. That bugs me but it's when the get piousy and hollier-than-thoughy and "I get to direct your lifey" that pisses me no endy.

Welcome to Ex-C and I hope to read morry for youy.

- MOHO (Mind Of His Owny)

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. 

Pkbutrfli simply means preachers kid out of the cocoon. 

There are times I wonder if I’d have escaped a more loving denomination. A question with no answer. 

Today Trump has said he’s the second coming 🤪. I wonder just how many in my family had their heads explode.  They’re probably all standing outside waiting to be raptured this very moment.

What a great time to have joined this site. 

Welcome @pkbutrfli! Stick around. I hope you'll find this a welcoming,  rewarding place to be. 

13 hours ago, pkbutrfli said:

Does anyone here know Bob Thieme?  

I am a preacher’s daughter. My dad (preacher man) and family worshipped and still worships Bob Thieme and his philosophy. I learned a lot. 

I don’t come from some ushy gooshy lovey dovey aspect of Christianity.  Take your fuzzy feelings and shove it, I’ll show you how. 

I’m lurking in the “Lions Den” and other places on this wonderful site. I love you all!!!  (Yes that’s gushy ushy icky and sticky) you aren’t god so I know damned well you’ll forgive me!!!!  

Maybe I’ll stop lurking and become gushy and mushy for those idiots that want me to read the Bible and see if I come to their conclusion. Because we all know they’re only trying to save my soul right?

Bob Thieme ? That guy still owe's me twenty bucks! Ok, no I dont know him, really.

Welcome to Ex-c. Yes, please come in, be a regular. Join the fun in the Lion's Den if you like. 

• Super Moderator

Wow.  I feel all ishy-gishy inside.

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator

Welcome. Feel free to get all warm and runny here.

7 hours ago, pkbutrfli said:

Pkbutrfli simply means preachers kid out of the cocoon. 

LOL, I thought it stood for pink butterfly. 

WELCOME! 

Welcome! I hadn't heard of Bob Thieme before. There is a Wikipedia blurb on his life. Sounds like an expert in mermaid-ology. Devoted his entire life to a myth, and making sure others believed and followed it the way he thought it should be done. 

I followed and promoted another charismatic preacher, and a ton of the Pentecostals think he's a prophet. He's just a cult leader promoting a myth. 

I'm happy to be out of all that hogwash. Sounds like you are too.

• Like 1

Hi pkbutrfli and welcome. I'm glad you got yourself out of that non ushy gooshy non lovey dovey aspect of christianity your family apparently indoctrinated into. It's a much better kind of crazy out here in the world of free thinking. I hope you do have fun here and I look forward to hearing what things you have to share with us.

• Like 1

Speaking of lovey dovey, have you ever noticed the smiles that so many of these folks seem to have? There is just something about them that gives me the creeps.

Oh but don't you know they loov you so much and they are so concerned for your well-being. And they are soooo happy, all of the time. And Jesus looks after them if life gets difficult. Of course they have a permanent sickly smile on their faces.

Note: these observations are based on experience, so not entirely cynical.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:34 AM, pkbutrfli said:

Welcome aboard, officially!!!

See anything interesting in the Den? 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! Glad this website seems to be helping! My dad's a preacher too so I empathize. 

Preacher's daughter must be taking a vacation??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @pkbutrfli

Welcome to Ex-C. Fellow preachers kid here too!

What's with the children of preachers falling? :D Good to have you here, hope to see your contributions and thoughts on the various subjects raised on the site.

LF