Goodbye Jesus

Ex-Christian spirituality

OrdinaryClay

Why are ex-Christians so afraid of allowing Christians to talk about apostate spirituality. This is evidenced by my inability to post in the "Ex-Christian Spirituality" forum.

Could it be because they know the metaphysical choices made after Christianity are indefensible.

• Super Moderator

Clay, that forum is specifically for Ex-Christians who are looking into other religions and practices. It is not a place for Christians to promote the religion they just left. Should you decide to look into Buddhism, Wicca or some other alternative practice you will be granted access to a place you can safely discuss it. Again, this entire site exists to serve Ex-Christians. Understand?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, florduh said:

Clay, that forum is specifically for Ex-Christians who are looking into other religions and practices. It is not a place for Christians to promote the religion they just left. Should you decide to look into Buddhism, Wicca or some other alternative practice you will be granted access to a place you can safely discuss it. Again, this entire site exists to serve Ex-Christians. Understand?

Yes, I understand, and I'm not complaining. I'll never seek another spirituality.

• Super Moderator
19 hours ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Could it be because they know the metaphysical choices made after Christianity are indefensible.

As opposed to how easily you provide us with evidence for your metaphysical choices when we ask?  christianity is just as indefensible and you are disingenuous.  People should be left alone to find out what works for them; and the Spirituality Forum ensures that they are.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Why are ex-Christians so afraid of allowing Christians to talk about apostate spirituality. This is evidenced by my inability to post in the "Ex-Christian Spirituality" forum.

There are a number of problems with this post. Most of which has been pointed out.

Even Ex-C members cannot post in that forum unless permission is given. I don't tend to post in there because I'm a... how was it put... "hard atheist".

The purpose of this forum is largely a support forum to help Ex Christians. That does not mean every ex Christian is therefore a philosophical naturalist.

And as you've so kindly pointed out in another thread, you take the metaphysical claims of Christianity on faith, and as you also admitted, there is no metaphysical claim that one cannot take on faith.

2 hours ago, OrdinaryClay said:

2 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Reread my post. Unicorn was a placeholder. You are dodging the question. I'll be more specific.

Is there any metaphysical position I couldn't take on faith?

No. This is why this sight is so filled with pagans and mystics.

So you are all in the same box as far as I'm concerned.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

One man's religion is another's silly cult.

Is there something stopping you from challenging those metaphysical positions in your own topic within Lion's Den? I mean unless you're too afraid, of course.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OrdinaryClay said:

It's been explained. 

What is available to you and other christians is the lion's den. If you want to discuss ex christian spirituality this is the place to do it. So go ahead and proceed with whatever it is you want to argue about apostate spirituality in this thread and state your arguments. 

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

I always find it odd when a Christian wants to discuss spirituality. Christianity and spirituality are natural enemies. Christianity is about legalism and emotionalism, the emphasis depending on the sect in question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, florduh said:

I always find it odd when a Christian wants to discuss spirituality. Christianity and spirituality are natural enemies. Christianity is about legalism and emotionalism, the emphasis depending on the sect in question.

Indeed. As @Joshpantera in particular has often pointed out, Christianity in general, and Protestantism and Fundamentalism in particular, offers a particularly weak and ultimately unsatisfying form of spirituality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Listen to the Satanic evil coming from this witch's lips. *Fans myself to avoid fainting*

haha

• Haha 1

I love a little 'spiritual woo-woo' in my life. It helps to keep me positive in this shitty world.  (that the christian god invented and fucked up in a big way) Two of my favourite friends are dying right now so I get to pretend that they might be my angels when they die. And maybe they'll guide me on earth. Cool eh? But guess what Clay, my friend? I admit that I have absolutely no evidence for any of the woo-woo  'spiritual stuff' I like. I just like to play a game with myself called, ''Let's play pretend''. Helps me get through life. Some of our 'hard core atheists' don't need any of it and they're as happy as a clam and I love them all.. Their rational thinking helped me get rid of the toxic 'holy word' (which we both know was written by 'plain ordinary men from ancient days.). They understand me and know that I had a very hard time letting go of the ridiculousness of gods', ''so called'' written word that might send me to hell to burn for all eternity if I didn't do things 'his'way.. So they allow me have a bit of fun woo-woo cause they know it helps me. You and I both also know that the bible is just another form of woo-woo. But your woo-woo likes to control everything and everybody so they don't go to hell. That's what the church is really afraid of. So are you. None of my 'fun woo-woo stuff'  has a hell to go to. So I'll take my form of woo-woo any day over yours, my friend. 

Love to you all tonight including you Clay!.

Back to edit. This was my 8,000 post. This is a sign of good luck!!!!! Yay me! 😊

• Like 5

• Super Moderator

Humans are the only animal that thrives on superstition.

• Like 1

Upon leaving Christianity and coming here I expected to find all the people were like me - i.e methodological naturalists who rejected any supernatural claims. (You know cause they rejected the biblical supernatural claims). So I guess it was a bit surprising coming up against the many different viewpoints here.

However, I must say over the years I've come to accept my friends here have different view points, and that at times we disagree about things, but this need not get in the way of enjoying each others company here.

• Thanks 2

• Super Moderator

Has the term "christ-splaining" been officially coined yet?  If not, I'm coining it now, so that Clay can christ-splain why all the other woos are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, OrdinaryClay said:

The spirituality forum here suffers from the same problems as any xian website does.  It's not really about the free exchange of ideas.  So don't feel bad about not being welcome there.  I'm not welcome there either.  I've only been in there by accident.  I don't think I have posting privileges there either.  I don't care.  I know what the responses will be since I was around to ask those questions before that forum was even formed (and was part of the reason they moved into their walled garden).

mwc

• Like 1