Goodbye Jesus

Hello! Thank you for having me!

NimrodIAm

So, for starters I was raised as a fundamentalist Southern Baptist.  I was heavily involved in the church including being a key member of the worship team.  I received a Bachelor's of Religion from Liberty University.  This lifestyle and belief began dissolving roughly three years ago and I am now comfortable identifying as an atheist. Since my deconversion, I've grown interested in philosophy and logic. Also, my love for biology is no longer hindered by a faulty Creationist viewpoint.  

Outside of my religious beliefs, or lack thereof, I am married, we have one son and my wife is currently pregnant with our second child! To pass the time, my wife and I make a lighthearted comparative religion podcast as well as make music and goofy videos.  I personally enjoy playing video games, yoyoing, and skateboarding when I get the chance.  I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here!  

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Nice to have you on board.  We're a cantankerous lot; but we're good people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NimrodIAm said:

So, for starters I was raised as a fundamentalist Southern Baptist.  I was heavily involved in the church including being a key member of the worship team.  I received a Bachelor's of Religion from Liberty University.  This lifestyle and belief began dissolving roughly three years ago and I am now comfortable identifying as an atheist. Since my deconversion, I've grown interested in philosophy and logic. Also, my love for biology is no longer hindered by a faulty Creationist viewpoint.  

Outside of my religious beliefs, or lack thereof, I am married, we have one son and my wife is currently pregnant with our second child! To pass the time, my wife and I make a lighthearted comparative religion podcast as well as make music and goofy videos.  I personally enjoy playing video games, yoyoing, and skateboarding when I get the chance.  I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here!  

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Good to have you!

• Like 1

Welcome. Glad to hear you escaped from the bondage of religion. Isn’t freedom wonderful!

• Like 1

Hey @NimrodIAm,

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you've found your way out of the mind-fuck on your own. Kudos to you!

Stick around and help us support those still lost.

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

Hi Nimrod! ( kind of feels wrong to say that like I'm insulting you!)

Welcome glad to have you here!

It sounds like you came out of Christianity relatively unscathed? Was your wife a Believer too?  If so it sounds like she deconverted as well?

Hope you enjoy the community 😃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you or did you have work related to that christian education? If so how did you adjust? Congratulations on getting out! From totally brainwashed christian to atheist in only 3 years is really fast so you are very lucky. Glad to have you with us.

• Like 1