Goodbye Jesus

My Son Goes To Wed Night Service

Taphophilia

My 11 year old son is a confirmed Athiest. He was five when I started my deconvertion and unlike his sisters has never believed in Christianity. He knows about it, but from the side of disbelief.

My son only has Christians to pick as his friends. His favorite thing to say when they try to tell him about the bible and Jesus is, "prove it".

Some of the kids go to a Wed night service and invited my son to go, telling my son it would be fun and games. Although, we know it's just a trick to get the kids there to brainwash them. He wanted to hang out with his friends so he went.

While in the class the teacher asked the kids to read their favorite bible stories from the bible. My poor son, not having a bible, was generously given one by the teacher for his very own to keep.

The kids all took turns reading their favorite Bible stories, and when it was my sons turn, he read selected passages from....

"Song of Soloman"

Flustered, when my son read about crotch hairs being like wool, the teacher would not even let my son finish reading the BIBLE. She grabbed my sons new bible away from him that she had so generously given him and told him he had a time out, just for reading out of the Bible! Though, later that night she did give my son another Bible, a New Testament only Bible.

Goodbye Jesus

Ha! that's freakin' awesome! freakin' hypocrites being forced to show their true nature. I'd have asked "why would any part of the holy bible be unsafe to read in any setting?" Then when they answer, I'd act like they didn't hear me and repeat the question.

Taph,

Give that good-dog, err boy of yours one hellova hug for this mean_old_man.. :)

Goddamn if that isn't something out of Beastie's playbook of whizzing off the sectarians.

You've done well raising that boy of yours..

kL

Ha! that's freakin' awesome! freakin' hypocrites being forced to show their true nature. I'd have asked "why would any part of the holy bible be unsafe to read in any setting?" Then when they answer, I'd act like they didn't hear me and repeat the question.

When he told me this, I was pissed. Why punish a kid for just reading the bible? Isn't all of it god's word.

Taph,

Give that good-dog, err boy of yours one hellova hug for this mean_old_man.. :)

Goddamn if that isn't something out of Beastie's playbook of whizzing off the sectarians.

You've done well raising that boy of yours..

kL

Thanks, I was so proud!

He does have friends whose parents are Christians but the kids don't believe it, but can't talk about their unbelief except with my son.

"crotch hairs being like wool"

:lmao:

You eleven year old son is a witty little cuss for someone his age. :eek:

I love it! :woohoo:

Since he was of a mature mind enough to read those passages and know what they were saying, perhaps if he gets a chance at doing this again he can read aloud the last half of Judges 19?

The teacher will probably smack his bare ass right there in front of the class for that one. :HaHa:

You eleven year old son is a witty little cuss for someone his age. :eek:

I love it! :woohoo:

Since he was of a mature mind enough to read those passages and know what they were saying, perhaps if he gets a chance at doing this again he can read aloud the last half of Judges 19?

The teacher will probably smack his bare ass right there in front of the class for that one. :HaHa:

I don't think they'll let my son near an old testament again, but I have pointed out Judges 19 to him and some other juicy passages if the situation ever presents itself again.

That's awesome! At 11, I'm sure I wouldn't have had the guts. Or the necessary knowledge of the Bible.

Did he pick it on purpose, or just open the Bible at random? How did he know to do that?

Either way, on purpose, or at random ("God's will?" Pffffftt!!!) it's awesome.

but I have pointed out Judges 19 to him and some other juicy passages if the situation ever presents itself again.
Judges 19 isn't "juicy" at all. It has to be at least one of the top three most disgusting parts of the bible.

[ . . . ] It has to be at least one of the top three most disgusting parts of the bible.

Oh, you tease. What would those three parts be?

but I have pointed out Judges 19 to him and some other juicy passages if the situation ever presents itself again.
Judges 19 isn't "juicy" at all. It has to be at least one of the top three most disgusting parts of the bible.

I didn't mean juicy as sexual. I meant juicy as really piss them off.

Taph

Your son is way smarter than I was at his age. and way more ballsy.

Your son is way smarter than I was at his age. and way more ballsy.

His two older sisters are teenagers now, so he's the only one of my kids who will even talk to me anymore.

He and I do have some pretty in depth conversations. So he's up on a lot of things kids his age don't know, like religion.

Taph

My 11 year old son is a confirmed Athiest. He was five when I started my deconvertion and unlike his sisters has never believed in Christianity. He knows about it, but from the side of disbelief.

My son only has Christians to pick as his friends. His favorite thing to say when they try to tell him about the bible and Jesus is, "prove it".

Some of the kids go to a Wed night service and invited my son to go, telling my son it would be fun and games. Although, we know it's just a trick to get the kids there to brainwash them. He wanted to hang out with his friends so he went.

While in the class the teacher asked the kids to read their favorite bible stories from the bible. My poor son, not having a bible, was generously given one by the teacher for his very own to keep.

The kids all took turns reading their favorite Bible stories, and when it was my sons turn, he read selected passages from....

"Song of Soloman"

Flustered, when my son read about crotch hairs being like wool, the teacher would not even let my son finish reading the BIBLE. She grabbed my sons new bible away from him that she had so generously given him and told him he had a time out, just for reading out of the Bible! Though, later that night she did give my son another Bible, a New Testament only Bible.

This is exactly why I don't let my children attend church. I'd be pissed too. See, they don't want their blind believers to know about the contradictions.

:lmao::funny::lmao:

"I said you shall read from the bible, not from the bible!!!11!!!!

Ain't it wonderful how our religion relationship with jebus is completely free of any contradiction?"

Aaaah, yeah, truth can hurt... but then, if you find it hurts, this tells you that you've bought into a lie before. Live and learn... or, if you're a braindead jebus zombie, live and lie and lie and lie. :fdevil:

Next time my dad forces me to go to church, I'd ask the pastor if I can read the bible.

Which disgusting parts do you recommend for pissing off the fundies?

When he told me this, I was pissed. Why punish a kid for just reading the bible? Isn't all of it god's word.

Okay, it wasn't a nice thing for your child to experience... but then, there's one good thing about it - yet more evidence of what a pile of shit the jebus cult is (at least the literalist branch of it). One more armor plate protecting your son from the dogma :wicked:

Guest singlecoil

I would never have had the nerve at 11 to do that. Let your son know he has my respect (and one hell of a laugh after imagining the look on their faces).

Next time my dad forces me to go to church, I'd ask the pastor if I can read the bible.

Which disgusting parts do you recommend for pissing off the fundies?

Start with Exodus 20:13, The Ten Commandments. “Thou shalt not KILL/MURDER.” From here, begin reading selected passages demonstrating the hypocrisy and bloodlust of god. Between each reading, remind your audience of THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Here’s a sampling of verses to play with:

Exodus 32 – Moses’ first action after receiving the commandments is to KILL 3,000 of his own fucking men! "Thou shalt not kill" went out the window REAL quick, didn't it?

Joshua 8 – Joshua, continuing in the bloodthirsty tradition of Moses, wipes out tiny Ai for the “crime” of living on their OWN land. (The same “crime” everyone else is guilty of before this tribal god.) Stealing both lives and property. (Thou shalt not covet, anyone?)

Numbers 31 – The wonderful tale of conquest, pillaging, rape and murder of men, women, babies and animals by god’s chosen people. (However, they do spare the virgins for marriage. How noble and kind of god.) Coveting, stealing and killing all in one stroke. AGAIN.

There are plenty more, but you get the gist. Watch how quickly the Xians attempt to rationalize and/or distance themselves from this “unfortunate dispensation” where god just HAD to act this way. (Just as he HAD to flood the entire world to get rid of "sin", which, we know did not work, else why did Jesus need to die? How stupid is THAT?)

Or maybe it's OK to fuck over gentiles, since we know that god only considers HIS people worthy of life. Gentiles are no better than rats, apparently.

Let me know how this works out. I don't have any Xians to play with since I'm not forced to attend church and I have no Xian friends/family stupid enough to play "Bible Trivia" with me. :wicked:

"Song of Soloman"

Good job both of you Taph! Although it might have upset him some, I hope he got a kick out of their reaction.

Get your son online later, We all need to have words.

It would be more ideal to find some "oops" verses in the New Testament. Seeing as that cunt had the gall to pull that shit with your son. Your boy handled it well, but I would have come in that church door to have some private and choice words with that woman. The kind of words that leave nose-hairs singed.

The rights of discipline belong to parents, police, and school teachers. Anyone else should get verbal confirmed permission from the parents in order to have the right to apply ANY discipline whatsoever. Even time-out. That bitch over-stepped seeing as I'm pretty sure she didn't speak to you before your kid entered her realm.

If I had kids, they would know exactly WHO in their lives has a right to discipline them (depending on the neighborhood, I might include a few responsible folk on the block limited rights on this one too). I don't want my kids growing up with the idea that any "adult" has every right to tell them what to do. That's partly how kids can wind up molested and taken advantage of.

My son was looking for dirty Bible verses to read while the other kids were reading. He knew they were there because I told them they were. He knew that there would be consequenses for it, so it wasn't a big deal for him to get a time out. He was glad to take the time out for the desired affect.

Actually, I like my kids to go to church when they have the opportunity to do so. I believe they learn very valuable lessons from church.

1. We live in a society that is Christian based and I believe that at least knowing about it is important. I can teach my kids, but I want them to get knowledge about it from those who believe. They will be prepared and know what they are like when confronted by them in life.

2. All that church does for them is confirm how stupid the beliefs are, especially when they start talking about Creationism and present their circular arguements to the kids. "God did it", is not an acceptable explaination for origins of life. Now that my girls are teens, they tell them that being a virgin for your husband will ensure a happy and lasting marriage.

3. It teaches them that adults are not always right and you don't have to believe or do what they say just because they are adults.

My son was looking for dirty Bible verses to read while the other kids were reading. He knew they were there because I told them they were. He knew that there would be consequenses for it, so it wasn't a big deal for him to get a time out. He was glad to take the time out for the desired affect.

Actually, I like my kids to go to church when they have the opportunity to do so. I believe they learn very valuable lessons from church.

1. We live in a society that is Christian based and I believe that at least knowing about it is important. I can teach my kids, but I want them to get knowledge about it from those who believe. They will be prepared and know what they are like when confronted by them in life.

2. All that church does for them is confirm how stupid the beliefs are, especially when they start talking about Creationism and present their circular arguements to the kids. "God did it", is not an acceptable explaination for origins of life. Now that my girls are teens, they tell them that being a virgin for your husband will ensure a happy and lasting marriage.

3. It teaches them that adults are not always right and you don't have to believe or do what they say just because they are adults.

Here are my reasons why I don't want my kids near a church, let alone go to a service.

1. The services only provide the verses that make Christianity look "good." It's full of lies and a the way they brainwash people.

2. Most of my family along with the world are Christians and will provide an ample amount of experience with how the religion works. Not to mention the countless popular religious turning secular holidays.

3. I can ensure that he learns all every fact of all religions. If I teach him at home, he will know the entire history and not just a few verses.

4. Too many children have been sexually abused in church. (anyone get freethought today?)

5. Ms. O'Hare sent her oldest to church in hopes of educating him about Christianity. She has been quoted as saying "it was a mistake."

My oldest is 4 and he knows about Jesus, God, Zeus, unicorns, fairies, mermaids, dinosaurs, the human body, Hercules, ghosts, angels and a few other things.

He's fascinated with dinosaurs and the human body. He knows exactly where babies come from. If you ask him he will tell you "babies come from a woman's uterus. Because the sperm gets inside the egg." I haven't gotten him to recite the entire alphabet or read but he knows this. Kids! He also knows all about the uvula. It's his favorite part of the body. He has made up two words and is fascinated with all life (animals, plants and so on).

I like to think he's just living up to his name sake, Epicurus.

<snip>

"Song of Soloman"

:lmao: Taph... that's great.

I would never have had the guts to do that at 11. :)

Good for him and good for you raising someone so aware.