Goodbye Jesus

What would a priest say about God punishing with disease at random by God ?

Skeptics

For example, homosexuals are to be blamed doesen't stand with the fact that children too got infected with coronavirus (any type

of coronavirus, as they are not only one in existence or any type of human transmited disease).

So, what whould a priest say about this ?

In Romania there is a word, duhovnic, meaning a orthodox priest confessor, but they say different things about one thing (contradictions), as a psychologist look-a-like (about marriage, money etc.) as i read they "advices" on orthodox christian sites.

Sorry, i meant "What would a priest say about God punishing with disease at random, people ?

I don't think i asked somewhere, but users cannot modify theyr topic ?

@Skeptics,

A Christian pastor would say "You have sinned and god is punishing you!"

To which the sheeple in question might respond "But I have NOT sinned!"

Then pastor asshat would say "I KNOW you have sinned or god would not be punishing you!"

That is one scenario. The one Mrs. MOHO subscribes to is...

"God is punishing the entire world because we ALLOW homosexuality, atheists, and democrats to go unpunished!"

• Like 2

Well, not a good God, if atheists whould be punished by death.

God is well known for reigning disease and death on the earth in the bible. The book of revleation not withstanding. Many christians believe they are living in or near the "end times." Times which predict things like global pandemic at gods order. And on social media people are commenting in that direction. This would be a go to for priests, I'm sure. 

The catch is that this has been a go to for centuries, every time some plague or sickness hits. And time and time again, it isn't the end times. The end times have been a carrot-on-a-stick traditionally and this doesn't look to be any different. As to why a good god would do any of this? That's a contradiction that priests and leaders have been straddling for centuries now. At least since ancient Greece when the philosopher's proposed such questions. Regardless of the contradiction or impossible situation, people carry on nevertheless making nonsensical claims about an all good god, who, coincidently, isn't "all" good........

• Like 4