Goodbye Jesus

Face To Face Debates

Guest freedwoman

1 minute ago, TABA said:

He’s talking NZ$,  you know, Monopoly money...😂😂😂

Nah, I was quoting US cents because USA USA USA blah blah. Our currency is trading at about 57 cents to the US dollar so it would be about 2 cents NZD :D 

Guest freedwoman

Thanks everyone. Advice respected and heeded. None of that will happen. I gotta be mature about this. I'm an adult. Not a teenager anymore. Will act like one. 👍🤝✌️

• Super Moderator
21 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Nah, I was quoting US cents because USA USA USA blah blah. Our currency is trading at about 57 cents to the US dollar so it would be about 2 cents NZD :D 

I didnt think Kiwis had any cents.

• Haha 1

Debates? No. Debates are only valuable in formal settings.

HOWRVER , I think the skill to interact with religious people is good

This skill also means HOW TO AVOID irritating conversations.  

I can recommend a book by Steve Hassan Freedom of mind on how to get people out of cults. It really was a valuable for me. 

But checking out things about logic and argumentation helps anyway. Read a book like introduction to logic or introduction to epistemology.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 12:07 AM, Guest freedwoman said:

I tend to get up into peoples faces, and throw in some cuss words with the Bible verses. Sorry I know I should have never done that. But I never got physical about it at least. 🙂

I can't help it either. For me it's because they believe in such a horrible, evil book (Bible) that does nothing but judge and hurt people, throughout the whole of history. Many of these Christians sit in their churches, either agree with or spout hatred about sending the non believers to burn in Hell just because you don't see it their way and follow a non evidence character in a story book. To me this is as bad as an extremist and these hate Preachers should face hate charges in law.

Think about it all those of you who defend christian behaviour....Many of these Christians think you "DESERVE TO BURN" forever in eternal torment and torture for not BELIEVING in their prehistoric book...as if having a belief in Jesus or Santa is more important than being a loving, caring person who USES their brain!!!

The USA is too soft with these judgemental, hell bent christians...Other countries kick 'em out or ignore their voice. I don't agree with persecution but don't go sticking bibles in peoples faces in other countries where you are not welcome....if you do then it's all your own fault

SO I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHY YOU GET ANNOYED

I can't be bothered to debate them anymore as most are brainwashed, indoctrinated fools and you will never change their minds and they have been told that any doubts about the faith are from SATAN...

1 hour ago, Steviejay said:

I can't help it either. For me it's because they believe in such a horrible, evil book (Bible) that does nothing but judge and hurt people...

...I can't be bothered to debate them anymore as most are brainwashed, indoctrinated fools and you will never change their minds and they have been told that any doubts about the faith are from SATAN...

Took me a few years after leaving the cult to figure this out. :)

8 hours ago, Derek said:

Took me a few years after leaving the cult to figure this out. :)

Me three!

Have to agree wholeheartedly with @Steviejay.

A few years ago I began to observe a disturbing trend in fundies (some of whom are family members) that prompts me to regard them in the same manor as I regard Muslim terrorists or at least those Muslim radicals who support the terrorists. We send young men and women to die in the Middle East to fight Islamic terrorism but we seam to be ignoring, or even exploiting, religious fervor here at home.

10 hours ago, Steviejay said:

The USA is too soft with these jugemental, hell bent christians...Other countries kick 'em out or ignore their voice. I don't agree with persecution but don't go sticking bibles in peoples faces in other countries where you are not welcome....if you do then it's all your own fault

We are too soft because they are useful idiots to numerous politicians as well as those wishing to profit from this phenomenon.

In addition protecting free speech , which is suppose to help put desired legislators into public office, we sometimes also protect those with hate in their hearts. The idea is that the moment they ACT on their hatred we intervene.

• Like 1