Goodbye Jesus

Coming Back Home

decafaholic

( flings the door open) 

Mooom! daaad! I’m hoooome!

( studio audience applause)

OMG it’s been 6 years since I last visited the ExC Forums!

i see some old faces: Margee, Florduh, Redneck Professor! You guys were part of the ExC generation that raised me.

Seriously, I started here in like 2007 as a terrified young adult who had just left Bible college and could barely find my vagina with both hands!  You guys were with me through awkward virginity losing and coming out to the family and my 4-year “ let’s date a Christian” phase. 

I took a long break because I was in a really healthy place, comfortable with life as an atheist and just didn’t need the extra support anymore.

now I’m returning at age 33 because I’m in a weird place spiritually. Atheism was perfectly fine for 14-ish years and it gave me a great life but I’m moving into more of a non-Christian spirituality now. 

I’m planning to hang out in the ExChristian Spirituality forum. Join me if you want to talk weird stuff!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, decafaholic said:

( flings the door open) 

i see some old faces: Margee, Florduh, Redneck Professor! You guys were part of the ExC generation that raised me.

Seriously, I started here in like 2007 as a terrified young adult who had just left Bible college and could barely find my vagina with both hands!  You guys were with me through awkward virginity losing and coming out to the family and my 4-year “ let’s date a Christian” phase. 

I took a long break because I was in a really healthy place, comfortable with life as an atheist and just didn’t need the extra support anymore.

now I’m returning at age 33 because I’m in a weird place spiritually. Atheism was perfectly fine for 14-ish years and it gave me a great life but I’m moving into more of a non-Christian spirituality now. 

I’m planning to hang out in the ExChristian Spirituality forum. Join me if you want to talk weird stuff!

I wasn't here when you started, but here's hoping that your homecoming is pleasant and beneficial. Talk of the weird can be good; the very phenomenon of existence can be the weirdest thing of all to contemplate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Hey, welcome back.  A lot of the old gang are still around; plus some new ones.  I, too, have recently begun to adopt a post-christian spirituality, though it's not as yet very well defined.

• Like 2

Welcome home :)

• Like 2

Hi. Welcome back! It's nice to meet you. :)

• Like 2

Hey, @decafaholic!

Welcome back.

Spirituality. Too deep for THIS dime-store cowboy but I cannot honestly deny it's existence.

I like your narratives and sense of humor. Hope to read more from you...

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 6:38 AM, decafaholic said:

( flings the door open) 

When I think of spirituality, I think of spirit wolf's.

9 hours ago, AntiChrist said:

When I think of spirituality, I think of spirit wolf's.

I think of women with long hair who swear you can treat the flu with crushed up berries and Himalayan salt. Spirituality needs better PR! 

45 minutes ago, decafaholic said:

I think of women with long hair who swear you can treat the flu with crushed up berries and Himalayan salt. Spirituality needs better PR! 

Funny story. At the local shopping centre there's a new age spiritual shop that has a psychic reader everyday. When the covid 19 virus hit our town and everything shut down, that new age shop continued to remain closed well after the other stores reopened. So when it eventually did reopen, I wandered in there with a big smile on my face and said in a loud voice "Interesting none of you saw the covid 19 coming."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2