Goodbye Jesus

More Signs Of The End Times

nirrti

Also, I don't know what 'sentient' means.

Courtesy of Merriam Webster Unabridged Online Dictionary.

Main Entry: 1 sen·tient

Pronunciation: sench(ē)Ənt (the square is supposed to be a "schwa" symbol...no such symbol in the board font I guess)

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin sentient-, sentiens, present participle of sentire to feel, perceive -- more at SENSE

1 : capable of sensation and of at least rudimentary consciousness <a sentient being> <the conception ... of impulsive, instinctive, and sentient life -- Susanne K. Langer> <these highly sentient, motile, instinctive, and often intelligent creatures -- D.C.Peattie>

2 a : consciously perceiving : AWARE -- used with of <he alone is sentient of the intolerable load -- Elinor Wylie> <a boy so sentient of his surroundings -- W.A.White> b : conscious or capable of fine distinctions or perceptions : SENSITIVE <at its best democracy breeds the sentient person -- Elizabeth Bowen> <the problems which confront us all as sentient responsible beings -- Randall Stewart>

3 : capable of receiving and reacting to sensory stimuli <the sentient cells of the brain>

4 : marked by the stimulation or exercise of the senses or of conscious perception <the highly sentient quality in the experiences -- G.A.Woods> <her ... conviction of the tragedy of the sentient life -- Hudson Strode>

Moderators, we seem to have two threads going here...one on computers and one on vegetarianism...

Moderators, we seem to have two threads going here...one on computers and one on vegetarianism...

Eh? You mean this thread should be broken up in two topics?

I don't think Mermaid was trying to start a thread on vegitarianism, or hyjax this one, she was trying to point out that we all, at times, talk about things, using the easy questions, to make ourselves feel better about our POV.

Unfortunatly she choose as her example a topic that she seems to have strong opinions and feelings about. I myself would like to make a comment about the vegitarian deal, but its not really the topic of this thread.

I'm in Los Angeles and there are billboards all around town now that say"

6/6/06

The signs are all around you.

Not sure what the hell this is about...I assume there must be some sort of movie coming out on the subject...haven't seen any trailers though...

:shrug:

thank you Purple. What she said.

The point isn`t vegetarianism, the point is how it`s not cool what people do, what I do sometimes, and what you meat eaters just did right now. It`s easy to ask the simple questions that we all know the appropriate answer to, where to disagree would expose us as heartless. Instead of asking the real questions, the questions we try not to ask as we come up with impossibly complicated or black and white scenarios in order to silence those real questions, the way as another omnivore (since I`ve been eating meat these past few weeks, MCDONALDS of all things, I seem to be addicted) who reads what I wrote automatically feels the need to justify themselves. Now I`m gladder that you shot back at me rather than think something sociopathic like ``I am the only one that matters so it`s okay to eat meat because any one/thing that isn`t me doesn`t matter``. But obviously you don`t feel entirely comfortable eating meat, nor do you feel comfortable knowing or strongly suspecting exactly whath appens to animals in factory farms before you eat them. And to cover it up, to avoid dealing with it, you reassure yourself.

Just as those two ladies on the phone did, just as I do sometimes. It`s lame.

6/6/06

Not sure what the hell this is about...I assume there must be some sort of movie coming out on the subject...haven't seen any trailers though...

Yes, it is movie, Omen:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...adlines-entnews

6/6/06

Yes, it is movie, Omen:

Also look out for The Beast

6/6/06

Yes, it is movie, Omen:

Also look out for The Beast

I'm starting to think that "The Beast" is a hoax and/or it's not going to be made. I've had that feeling from the get-go.

Just my two cents' worth...

If I've said it once (at work), I've said it a thousand times: "If the AntiChrist is going to take over the world with computers like they say, he's gonna need something better than this crap we have today!"

and...

Myself, I eat meat because it's good. It tastes like chicken. I've also eaten Humble Pie, Crow, and some of my very own words. I've chewed the fat, swallowed my pride, and shit a brick. I've eaten losses, chewed up and spit out competitors, and I damn near bit the dust once. After you get just so much of it all, it all tastes like chicken.

Someone said that if you like laws or hot dogs, you shouldn't watch either being made.

If anyone wants me to feel guilty for eating Daffy Duck, they'll have to get in line behind the Christian reformed Church, Mom, and my current girlfriend.

The other day, I was at the bus stop on my way to work. I happen to overhear the conversation between this guy and this lady (apparently both Christians) about the role of computers in the "end times". The guy said something to the effect of how people don't talk to each other anymore. "We're so busy talking to our computers we don't talk to each other anymore. How can you talk to a computer? A computer can't talk back. It's just a piece of machinery," he went on. He then started quoting a bunch of bible verses supposedly predicting how technology would tear down families and relationships.

So I guess the support and encouragement I've gotten here has been from a bunch of machines who can't "talk back". And since machines can't talk, maybe all those lively debates and conversations I've had online were just Satan and his evil influence.

Oh well. What else can I expect from a town where they want to teach creationism in schools yet most don't even know how to turn on a computer? (I really need to get away from this town before I start loosing I.Q. points. :ugh: )

Christians believe that anything they cannot understand, beyond their control, is the work of the devil.

I have had more support and recovery from personal issues venting on the computer than I've EVER had talking to people in real life. Grant it, nothing can take the place of interpersonal relationships....But I have met wonderful people typing on the internet.

It also reminds me of my family and friends. Everytime my mom sees something bad happen on the evening news she SWEARS that it is nearing the end of life on Earth as we know it.

I have been waiting for the lawd to come back since the 7th grade, and that was nearly 15 years ago.

I'm learning to not pay attention to it now. It's just ignorance and fear.

I don't really fault christians anymore. Because I was in that brainwashed, rinsed, and conditioned state myself.