Goodbye Jesus

This is how ex-christians should be.

chrisassaf

Ex-christians should have this type of attitude; if your god wants me to give up something or do something, let him tell me, not you.

That is how atheists should be, ex-christian or not. I know of any atheist who shares the same sentiment as me.

I am sick of freedom of speech. If I was running this country for a day, I would repress free speech for everybody, atheist and Christian.

We are all governed by a celestial screenplay that outlines what each person is to say in certain situations. Only a select few can read it and I am one of those. That would be the religion I push onto my government.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Time to move along kiddo

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Wow.  A christian telling other people how they should live.  How original.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Wow.  A christian telling other people how they should live.  How original.

But when people do that, it is often because it's for your own good.

Also, there are times when all the good things that you have in your life was because of them.

• Super Moderator

Often, people who think they know what's good for me actually don't know the first god damn thing about me and really ought to mind their own business. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, chrisassaf said:

Also, there are times when all the good things that you have in your life was because of them.

Are you delusional?  Or just playing games?

I am ex-church of Christ (and Mennonite for a couple of years), and especially after reading your post about the soldier and Mennonite, am confused about your sincerity.  The absolute "demands" to the moderators is not in tune with Mennonite (or christian) thinking.  So I am thinking you must be delusional.

30 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Are you delusional?  Or just playing games?

I am ex-church of Christ (and Mennonite for a couple of years), and especially after reading your post about the soldier and Mennonite, am confused about your sincerity.  The absolute "demands" to the moderators is not in tune with Mennonite (or christian) thinking.  So I am thinking you must be delusional.

What did you think of my dialogue? The soldier and the Mennonite.

1 hour ago, chrisassaf said:

...and often it is not.

1 hour ago, chrisassaf said:

...except when it isn't.

5 hours ago, chrisassaf said:

I am sick of freedom of speech. If I was running this country for a day, I would repress free speech for everybody, atheist and Christian.

That seems to be one of the problems with going too far left or right - free speech suffers regardless of direction. Communist Russia and China illustrate the left end, you and your christian views illustrate the right end of the extreme. Free speech doesn't gel with authoritarian views. And god is one of the biggest authoritarian views that exist. Or that could exists. What could be a bigger authoritarian view than a supernatural, infinite and eternal god with absolute say???

We are all governed by a celestial screenplay that outlines what each person is to say in certain situations. Only a select few can read it and I am one of those. That would be the religion I push onto my government.

Thankfully, you're just some ordinary wanker and not in control of any government. 🤣

An authoritarian in your own wonderfully handcrafted, subjective delusion. You have special revelation. You're laying out the TRVTH for everyone here. You are great! You stand tall! 

Well guess what, wanker.

You're in the Lion's Den now!!!!

• Haha 2

I'm not sure to being with the spewage of garbage that is the OP.

Whereas we can actually make statements as to how Christian's should be because the bible (which Christians purport to follow) has specific statements about how they should be, there is no mandate to state how Ex-Christians should be.

On the "sick of freedom of speech" part - If I was admin of this site I'd make your account unable to post... just to prove the point about repressing free speech. 

We are all governed by a celestial screenplay that outlines what each person is to say in certain situations.

Really? This is a claim. Back it up with evidence please.

Only a select few can read it and I am one of those.

Well, we don't set a high regard for ourselves do we?

That would be the religion I push onto my government.

And that would be a religion I fight to keep out of government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Often, people who think they know what's good for me actually don't know the first god damn thing about me and really ought to mind their own business. 

eesh Prof....you're making a case for faith.....ease off on the tryptophan.  Happy Thanksgiving btw.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I'm not sure to being with the spewage of garbage that is the OP.

Whereas we can actually make statements as to how Christian's should be because the bible (which Christians purport to follow) has specific statements about how they should be, there is no mandate to state how Ex-Christians should be.

On the "sick of freedom of speech" part - If I was admin of this site I'd make your account unable to post... just to prove the point about repressing free speech. 

Really? This is a claim. Back it up with evidence please.

None of your business.

22 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Well, we don't set a high regard for ourselves do we?

And that would be a religion I fight to keep out of government.

28 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

That seems to be one of the problems with going too far left or right - free speech suffers regardless of direction. Communist Russia and China illustrate the left end, you and your christian views illustrate the right end of the extreme. Free speech doesn't gel with authoritarian views. And god is one of the biggest authoritarian views that exist. Or that could exists. What could be a bigger authoritarian view than a supernatural, infinite and eternal god with absolute say???

Thankfully, you're just some ordinary wanker and not in control of any government. 🤣

An authoritarian in your own wonderfully handcrafted, subjective delusion. You have special revelation. You're laying out the TRVTH for everyone here. You are great! You stand tall! 

Well guess what, wanker.

You're in the Lion's Den now!!!!

A few atheists have the same sentiment I do. 

• Super Moderator
25 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

eesh Prof....you're making a case for faith

How so?  Happy Turkey Day to you, as well.  🦃

29 minutes ago, chrisassaf said:

None of your business.

Like I said, spewing garbage at this point. If you want us to take your claims seriously you are going to have to provide a lot more than what you've presented thus far.

At this point I'm like :blink::Doh::banghead::rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

How so?  Happy Turkey Day to you, as well.  🦃

If we don't know someone, our actions towards them are largely by faith.  To that end, seeing how I don't know what's best for someone two steps outside their front door, how are we to say anything really.  Granted upon examination, we can provide help in many ways, but with respect to "who I am", and what is best for that expression, who can say.  I don't see any other options really....we can hire a therapist and backtrack or suggest to young people what might work in their future, but I see no definitive. 

3 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You should not have moved my dialogue to the lions den. I was not preaching on there. 

Just trying to be the next Lucian or Plato. Either one.

This is how Christians should be:

not here.

(Matthew 10:14).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

If we don't know someone, our actions towards them are largely by faith.

Again, speak for yourself, and not for others.  My actions towards others I do not know may involve curiosity, obligation, avoidance, selfishness, altruism, among many other purposes, none of which involve faith.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Again, speak for yourself, and not for others.  My actions towards others I do not know may involve curiosity, obligation, avoidance, selfishness, altruism, among many other purposes, none of which involve faith.

Good point.  I was speaking in the context of the Prof's comment....

Edit:  Thinking about it though....obligation can be direction/directing, selfishness can be direction/directing.....curiosity can be selfishness.  Altruism?  That implies that you know.  I rest my case your honor...

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, chrisassaf said:

You should not have moved my dialogue to the lions den. I was not preaching on there. 

Just trying to be the next Lucian or Plato. Either one.

The world doesn't need another Lucian or Plato.  Those guys had their turn.  You're here now because it's your turn.  So man up, now, and be the best you that you can be.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
52 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

To that end, seeing how I don't know what's best for someone two steps outside their front door, how are we to say anything really.

So, if you don't know someone, you shouldn't be telling them how to live.  Like I said.  But what's that got to do with faith?  The jesus-y kind of faith, not the "hey I dont know you but I have faith you won't murder me and then butt-rape my corpse."

19 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So, if you don't know someone, you shouldn't be telling them how to live.  Like I said.  But what's that got to do with faith?  The jesus-y kind of faith, not the "hey I dont know you but I have faith you won't murder me and then butt-rape my corpse."

Urrggh the images. My mind, my mind!

• Super Moderator

Had the potential to become an exquisite flower vase...

Tried instead to become the next Play-Doh

cra-z-art-softee-doughmodelling-clay.jpg

We are getting sidetracked here. Just saying that why aren't ex-christians saying things like "if your god does not l8ke the way I live, let him tell me, not you", more often?