Goodbye Jesus

What is your preferred way of finding dates?

ZenPaladin

This thread is about Zenpaladin and his wanting to date and find a "genuine relationship."  Are you saying that is not possible? (To find a genuine relationship) 

My wife and I were schoolmates.  We met through a mutual friend at a school party and then I asked her out after another school event we both attended.  She was the first person of the opposite sex who I found attractive that I could be completely at ease around.  I was lucky in that I met someone who I was both physically attracted to and who I felt immediately comfortable around.  I sucked at the "Game" of dating (even having several of my friends who excelled at the "Game" give regular advice - and I rejecting all of it because it seemed so artificial and stupid).  My advice is find someone you are compatible with on a daily basis, not just on dates or out and about. When the honeymoon phase ends (and it will end) you need mutual respect and a deep lasting affection with genuine concern for your life partner, regardless of whether you decide to marry or not.  There are several members here who are unequally yoked (to borrow a Christian term) yet continue in their marriages because it's more than simple cohabitation or sex.

After this COVID thing gets under control in the future, I recommend attending some meetups and events in topics that interest you. The ability to hold a long and deep conversation about a topic of mutual interest with your significant other is underrated.  I'm a bit too old to grasp the "apps" that all the young kids use these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Weezer said:

This thread is about Zenpaladin and his wanting to date and find a "genuine relationship."  Are you saying that is not possible? (To find a genuine relationship) 

It's possible. But very rare. However that's not for everyone.

21 hours ago, Freed said:

However that's not for everyone.

True.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:04 AM, ZenPaladin said:

What do you mean?

This!

What is the significance of the video?

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

What is the significance of the video?

One of the many ways women ruin men's lives. Have you heard about the Alexandra's Project? Just Google about how many women framed men for crimes they didn't commit. But I don't want to bash women anymore. Not all women are evil. Not all men are good. Plus I was stupid for even caring in the first place. I'll just let people fuck themselves up and ruin their lives. It's not mine at least. I'm done White Nightetteing men. 

As long as no children are hurt I'm okay. Good riddance topic.

Again for you it is an all, or none, situation. Yes, there are some "bad" people in this world, both men and women.  But you are focusing on a small segment of society and seeing them as representing the whole.  Yes, the man in the video seemed to get a raw deal, at least from his point of view, but what about his poor judgement that got him Into the situation to begin with?  His choice of girlfriend, and beating up the guy.  Did his parents not teach him about good judgement?  Or educating himself to expand his job opportunities?  There is more to life than avoiding relationships and not having children.  If everyone did that, there would be no society in 100 years.

Life is complicated, and at times troublesome and even dangerous, but it can be worthwhile, IF you are willing to study, and educate yourself as to how to make it worthwhile for yourself and others.  Don't lock yourself into the box of thinking that everything you need to know in life, is in the box you are now in.  That seems to be the trend these days. 

You opened you mind to options other than the "Christianity" you were living in.  Leave your mind open to other options in life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I see. But it's not my responsibility to marry and have children if I don't want to.

You are correct.  It is not your responsibility.  But hopefully you can eventually release some of what I perceive as bitterness toward women and relationships.  It is almost like it has you imprisoned.

• Like 2

So does 1 Peter 2 and 3. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is certainly a difficult one. I spent a good couple months this year on a dating app. You run into all types. I live in an area with a lot of conservative christians and military. However, I found guys of all sorts of backgrounds and beliefs on the app. You might be surprised. I met several atheists, agnostics, and buddhists. I quit it myself. After all, just because you find someone who shares your beliefs doesn't mean they are the right fit. That and going through dating by sheer numbers is a great way to get your heart massively broken in the most efficient way. 

I found it really funny though that even though I had atheist on my profile, christian guys would ask me what church I went to. Some people just don't read 😆

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TasiVasQwibQwib said:

I spent a good couple months this year on a dating app. You run into all types. I live in an area with a lot of conservative christians and military. However, I found guys of all sorts of backgrounds and beliefs on the app. You might be surprised. I met several atheists, agnostics, and buddhists. I quit it myself. After all, just because you find someone who shares your beliefs doesn't mean they are the right fit. That and going through dating by sheer numbers is a great way to get your heart massively broken in the most efficient way. 

I found it really funny though that even though I had atheist on my profile, christian guys would ask me what church I went to. Some people just don't read 😆

I think if I were dating again I’d hesitate to put ‘atheist’ in my profile, unless it was in a group specifically tailored to secular people.  I certainly wouldn’t pretend to be religious but even though acceptance of atheism is thankfully on the rise, the ‘A’ word still puts off a lot of people even if they aren’t religious themselves.  Better to let somebody get to know me at least somewhat first, so they know I don’t worship Satan or drink human blood.  

21 hours ago, TasiVasQwibQwib said:

Some people just don't read 😆

You got that right!  We run ads with our business, and people call constantly asking questions that are clearly answered in the ad.

21 hours ago, TasiVasQwibQwib said:

This is certainly a difficult one. I spent a good couple months this year on a dating app. 

I know some other people who tried a dating service but finally got frustrated and finally gave it up.

• 1 month later...

Peoples opinions on whether relationships are a good or bad idea generally come from their limited personal experience.  Thankfully my family and my wife's family have a great history of long lasting marriages.  My parents are in their 70's and have been married for almost 50 years, my wife's parents have been married 38 years and I celebrated my 7 year wedding anniversary late last year.  I have two awesome kids and everything is great right now.

I met my wife using a local online dating app (findsomeone.co.nz) and personally love online dating over meeting people in person.  With an online profile you can already narrow your search to local people, non-smokers, non-religious, interests in common, within a preferred age range and usually with a photo or two to see if there is initial attraction.  Once you talk online you get an idea of what they are like and whether they are interested, then you switch to talking on the phone and if it goes well then you plan to met in person.  By the time you physically meet you already know a fair bit about them, so it doesn't feel like meeting a random stranger.

It is a very different experience for guys and girls online, with guys sending 10 opening messages and if you are lucky getting 1 response, while women get floods of dick pics and sleazy guys hitting on them, which often drives them away before they can find a nice guy.  As long as you have patience and go in expecting to have a low hit rate, you should eventually find the diamond in the rough.

• Like 1

Well, for myself, a date consists of asking my wife whether or not she wants to go out for dinner and / or a movie....

😜

• Haha 1