Goodbye Jesus

Alcoholics Anonymous Without A Higher Power

Freed

I'm too sexy for this thread.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:54 AM, AntiChrist said:

What is a higher power?

When someone asks me if I believe in a higher power, I say sure. Do you see those power lines above us? The ones on top are 880 volts. That is the highest power around here.

1 hour ago, AntiChrist said:

I'm too sexy for this thread.

Maybe you're like this guy? Since macho is attractive to some women ----------------------------------- but also to some men too 🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pantheory said:

When someone asks me if I believe in a higher power, I say sure. Do you see those power lines above us? The ones on top are 880 volts. That is the highest power around here.

That's what I was going to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pantheory said:

Maybe you're like this guy? Since macho is attractive to some women ----------------------------------- but also to some men too 🙃

I'm breaking the I'm too sexy rule.

On 12/7/2020 at 4:14 PM, Freed said:

I come from a family of abusive drunks sadly. Thanks fam. And fuck you all by the way!!! I 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, Freed said:

Well this forum is not therapy. I need to stop talking like it is. Sorry folks.

Years ago I went through a long period of depression and something was recommended that was very therapeutic.   I wrote a long letter to my family telling them about how I hated the different "abusive" things they did, and I let it "all hang out", as the saying goes, (like you did above).  I worked on the letter off and on for several weeks.  Then I wrote about how I wished they had acted in these situations, that would have been a more healthy way to behave.  In a sense it can be a way of "re-parenting" yourself.  

Your parents (family) don't have to be alive to do this, and if they are, you don't have to send it to them.  In fact, sometimes it might be best not to send it to them.  The idea is to vent the negative feelings you are harboring, and "re-build" yourself.

I hope you decide to go to AA.  I never had an addiction, but had a daughter with a problem, and attended Alanon, which was very helpful.  

I just saw a notice for a recovery program called "SMART Recovery USA".  They claim to be a secular, science based program, and have some on line programs.

14 hours ago, Weezer said:

I just saw a notice for a recovery program called "SMART Recovery USA".  They claim to be a secular, science based program, and have some on line programs.

Sounds good to me. Glad to hear there are alternatives to the religion-based AA. Hope it is also a no cost program with voluntary donations.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 6:41 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I never did cocaine; but I've always loved the way it smells.

Oh, it smells heavenly. Feels heavenly too.