Goodbye Jesus

What Denominations Did You All Come From?

jasonwhatever

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I know what you mean Jason. Somehow it doesn't seem quite right - like you've got a raw deal.

Varokhar - good point. But then maybe I was never one of the elect. Rather than being "born again" and overcoming, I was simply "resisting God" right to the breaking point. This is supposed to make me worse than people who sin in ignorance. Merely saying evil things about the Holy Spirit is a world away from actually blaspheming Him by breaking your conscience.

Do you mean the difference between blaspheming as a believer and nonbeliever? Yeah, I'd say so. As an nonbeliever it's just a silly game with an imaginary friend. As a believer, it'd actually take a lot of bravery.

It definitely takes a lot of balls to blaspheme the Spook™ when you're a believer. You're taught it's one of the worst things in the world you can do. But then again, no believer would really do that. Only when we realize, however instinctively, that there's no Holah Spook™ to blaspheme in reality (since the whole concept of the Xian god is utterly illogical and impossible), do we "blaspheme" it to begin with.

Frank, you never were part of The Elect™, since there's no Elect™ to be a part of - since there's no Jeezus™ or Yahooweh™ to do any electing. With all due respect, it's all in your imagination, and you really can just un-imagine it. No one's religious beliefs should cause them stress or anxiety, and when they do, the only proper (ie, human) thing to do is to alter those beliefs.

You're a free man, Frank. You've only got one life - don't waste it.

It definitely takes a lot of balls to blaspheme the Spook™ when you're a believer. You're taught it's one of the worst things in the world you can do.

I was never taught that. I remember saying the term "holy ghost" and not realizing what it was. I also remember not realizing that I was supposed to believe that Jesus was a god. A god? No, of course not. His Daddy was, not him. He was a mere half-god.

I just wasn't all that into it. Otherwise I would have known the particulars of the mythology. I believed in Yahweh and his bastard love child, to be sure, but in the end I was forced to be there.

church of christ - birth till 8

baptist kindergarden

non denominational- middle school/highschool

pentacostal- diffrent times

mormon age 28 i think

i dont know the ages really i never had a certain denomination i stayed in

mormon 2 weeks

You were a mormon at two weeks?

thats what the missionarys said after they talked me into getting baptised after the mormon course was over. it dont make sense to me either. oh wait maybe it was a month i cant remeber i know it was short. why do you think i didnt stay longer lol

mormon 2 weeks

thats what the missionarys said after they talked me into getting baptised after the mormon course was over. it dont make sense to me either. oh wait maybe it was a month i cant remeber i know it was short. why do you think i didnt stay longer lol

mormon 2 weeks

yea...but how can you become a mormon when you're two weeks old? Or even a month old?

:twitch:

oh i see what you mean lol i gotta correct that

mormon 2 weeks

yea...but how can you become a mormon when you're two weeks old? Or even a month old?

oh i see what you mean lol i gotta correct that

I was just buggin ya... :HaHa:

mormon 2 weeks

They would still claim them in their numbers, though. It doesn't matter to them that they're technically Atheist by default.