Goodbye Jesus

Christains Confronting Atheists

Fishapod

What's wrong with being a lying, thieving adulterer?

Some of our best presidents were lying, thieving adulterers!

"Do cars happen by accident, or are they created?"

Gee, I don't know - why don't you create one for me, then we'll both know. How about a nice Buick convertable - those are nice.

I'll bet they interviewed over 200 hundred people and then wound up using some xian actor to play the "Atheist". :loser:

When you put people on the spot like that, it's very easy to mislead someone.

Not to mention most people dont' even think about these questions.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

This is just the most retarded non-sequiter ever....how does one make the leap from "I have told a lie" to " there is a god who will punish me for eternity for telling said lie" it is totall non-sense.

Very true. It's like asking and stating following:

"Do you like chocolate, a little bit at least? If you do, you're a chocolate monster and you hate baby corns and warm avocados on a parkbench in May, and one day the Holy Cute Chocolate Bunny will take you in his paws and give you a huge hug!"

When you put people on the spot like that, it's very easy to mislead someone.

Not to mention most people dont' even think about these questions.

Yup. You could tell this person was caught off guard, either because he was surprised or because he never had discussed the issues before.

One thing I've learned is, discussing here on a board is much easier, because you can lean back and think about your answer for a while, but in real life, answering is much harder, because every word you do speak can't be taken back. So you have to be more careful, but at the same time you're more stressed and it's easier to make a mistake. So one way to avoid that is not to give any answers too fast or too easy. And it's very uncommon to "win" a discussion in real life either, when you have two people from the complete opposite of the spectrum. One way is also to ask questions back, and not let them get your answers until they have given some answers too.

"do you have a car?

Yes.

Do you believe the car happened by accident?

No.

Who created creation?"

pause....What does this have to do with cars? The car was invented....not created. There is a difference between those concepts. You need better analogies. Have a nice day.

*walks off in search of lively fun, away from failed actors*

do you have a car? Do you believe the car happened by accident? Who created creation?"
Answers:
  • No
  • Do you believe car accidents happen by accident?
  • Who ends annihilation?

Would you consider yourself to be a good person? Have you ever told a lie? What does that make you?
Answers:
  • Yes, most often I consider myself as such type of person.
  • Yes, sometimes I tell someone a lie. And sometimes people do not trust me. What is exactly the same sin, because it is wrong to think that a person lies to you while he/she does not.
  • It does not make me. If that forms you, you're formed from rotten wood. I'm formed by doing good things, making mistakes, recognizing that, correcting myself. Have you ever burnt yourself? What does that make you? It makes me a person that learns from his mistakes. And I thank my dad that he allowed me to make small mistakes against his advice, like touching the stove, instead of things that involved very serious matter like everlasting burning hells.

One thing I've learned is, discussing here on a board is much easier, because you can lean back and think about your answer for a while, but in real life, answering is much harder, because every word you do speak can't be taken back. So you have to be more careful, but at the same time you're more stressed and it's easier to make a mistake. So one way to avoid that is not to give any answers too fast or too easy. And it's very uncommon to "win" a discussion in real life either, when you have two people from the complete opposite of the spectrum. One way is also to ask questions back, and not let them get your answers until they have given some answers too.

True. I just outright refuse to discuss religion with total strangers and people at work now, especially if it's obvious that they're Christian and looking for a conversion. I would just say I don't have time for this, and then walk away without looking back.

Yes I agree with the above post. Jay Leno proves time and time again how stupid people can be when asked to answer a simple question on the spot, let alone discuss complex issues.

Are there any anti-christian(religious) videos like this?

Yay, way of the master again!

I love watching this fail. But most of all, I love dreaming of Kirk Cameron getting ass raped by a gorilla.

This is high pressure sales - the kind of crap that con artists use on senior

citizens to rob them of their retirement savings. If someone came up to

me on the street asking me these sorts of questions, I'd be tempted to

deck them, then throw them under a passing bus.

I love watching this fail. But most of all, I love dreaming of Kirk Cameron getting ass raped by a gorilla.

The gorilla would have to be horribly drunk to even think about

it. And if it ever happened, I'm sure Kirk would enjoy it, but the

gorilla would probably have recurring nightmares about it for the

rest of his life.

Nah, there are more creative things to think about with respect to our old friend the fucknut Kirk. I'm thinking about death by papercut. Do you have any idea on how long that would take?

Or better yet and more insulting: Have his show get preempted by a Pauly Shore flick.

:lmao::funny::lmao:

At minute 15:00, a new line of questioning starts. "Would you consider yourself to be a good person? Have you ever told a lie? What does that make you?... So Chris, by your own admission you are a lying, theiving, adulterous sinner at heart, and you will have to face God on judgement day." I am curious how people on this forum would reply to that line of questioning.

Here's my reply:

So let's suppose my teenage son, Chris says he's going to the library, but he steals a condom out of my drawer and goes and bonks his girlfriend instead. He admits he did this. What do I do? I say "Chris, by your own admission you are a lying, thieving, adulterous sinner at heart." I pour gasoline over him and set him on fire.

Would any loving parent do this? No, but our eternal father in heaven wants to burn us all in hell forever for sins like this. If there is a terrible sinner, it's God, not us.

Nah, there are more creative things to think about with respect to our old friend the fucknut Kirk. I'm thinking about death by papercut. Do you have any idea on how long that would take?

Or better yet and more insulting: Have his show get preempted by a Pauly Shore flick.

In that these things are not mutually exclusive... why not all three? :scratch:

Here's my reply:

So let's suppose my teenage son, Chris says he's going to the library, but he steals a condom out of my drawer and goes and bonks his girlfriend instead. He admits he did this. What do I do? I say "Chris, by your own admission you are a lying, thieving, adulterous sinner at heart." I pour gasoline over him and set him on fire.

Would any loving parent do this? No, but our eternal father in heaven wants to burn us all in hell forever for sins like this. If there is a terrible sinner, it's God, not us.

Excellent point.

I appreciate all the responses that you have given. They have helped. Thank you.

> I pour gasoline over him and set him on fire?

Seems kind of harsh, yes. Made me laugh.

I believe, actually, that the Bible recommends that you stone your son to death. See Deut 21:18-21:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.

Guest Agent Ytnok

I appreciate all the responses that you have given. They have helped. Thank you.

I believe, actually, that the Bible recommends that you stone your son to death. See Deut 21:18-21:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.

This is exactly the kind of sick and twisted fuking shit that xitian god is suppose to be up to. Why would anyone worship such a prick?!

This is exactly the kind of sick and twisted fuking shit that xitian god is suppose to be up to. Why would anyone worship such a prick?!

well, duh... because he's loving. :twitch:

I am curious how people on this forum would reply to that line of questioning.

When christians try to convert atheists with the good vs evil (heaven vs. hell) dichotomy. My response is such that no christian has yet to penetrate it and convince me to return to christianity:

I do not fear hell and I do not desire heaven.

This phrase renders moot and unimportant (and you save yourself from a long-winded argument over petty things) everything and everything else about christianity: god, jesus, holy spirit, adam and eve, original sin, salvation, apostles creed, end times, armageddon, apolyon, satan, and so on. All arguments about good and evil fail miserably. Why? Because all of this is psychologically external-from-self. But going to heaven/hell when one dies, that is internal-to-self (directly affects a person).

And if someone starts telling me I will be judged on judgment day, or suffer the wrath of god, and so on, I respond with show me your god.

I am not afraid.