Goodbye Jesus

Bart Ehrman e-book Deal (Limited Time)

TABA

Heads Up:  for a limited time (probably a day or two), the Kindle version of Bart Ehrman's book "Misquoting Jesus" is on sale for only $1.99.  I don't know whether this is available in the US only.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SEGJF8?_bbid=35596122&tag=bookbubdaemail-20

I've acquired a lot of good Kindle books at great prices by subscribing to the BookBub daily newsletter:

https://www.bookbub.com/welcome

• Like 2

I also help keep Kindle books in business.

• Like 1

@TABAwhile I do appreciate the heads up, you should know that digital books were (correctly) labeled blasphemous at the Council of Mycaea in 2013. Paperback, or for the especially pious, hardback, are the only formats that shall be allowed into the kingdom of heaven. 👼

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, doubtsociety said:

digital books were (correctly) labeled blasphemous at the Council of Mycaea in 2013

I can understand their concern.  It’s possible I would still be a Christian today if it weren’t for e-books, so they surely are of the devil.  Back in 2014 or so when I started questioning Christianity in earnest, books by skeptics and atheists were much easier to come by in electronic format.     Also much easier to conceal: a stack of atheist books on my nightstand might have tipped my wife off that all was not well with my faith, at a time when I wasn’t nearly ready to reveal my growing skepticism.  I did later, gradually and when the timing was right.

So it really is a bit careless of YHWH to allow counter-apologetics to circulate so easily, when he was so quick to smite the Tower of Babel.  But I guess he was much younger and more on his game back then…

@TABA You're right. And if YHWH was really trying to get in front of things, he would've smited Gutenberg when he had the chance...

Might I ask how your wife feels about your non-belief now? I'm the only black sheep in my immediate family. 

1 hour ago, doubtsociety said:

And if YHWH was really trying to get in front of things, he would've smited Gutenberg when he had the chance...

Yeah that sure opened a can of worms as far as Christianity was concerned.  

1 hour ago, doubtsociety said:

Might I ask how your wife feels about your non-belief now?

She’s not crazy about it, but she accepts it as a done deal, pretty much.  It bothers her that I won’t pray when some challenge arises.   Or any other time… I must say it’s gone better than I had feared, and better than it has for many couples.  It helps that we are each other’s best friend and that our relationship did not revolve around our faith.  It’s not ideal though and there’s always the potential for it to cause problems.  She is not averse to questioning aspects of Christianity but  she’d have a hard time with the idea of there being no god.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TABA said:

Yeah that sure opened a can of worms as far as Christianity was concerned.  

It certainly exposed the Catholics for not following the teaching and example of Jesus.