Goodbye Jesus

No news is good news?

Ro-bear

I notice that an old feature of this website is gone: the “News and Current Events” forum. My hypothesis is that it became too contentious and/or began to detract from the core raison d’etre of Ex-C. Certainly when I was a regular here that was beginning to be the case. I notice some of the major antagonists of that time are no longer active.

Did I miss a big blowup?

If this is a sore subject just say so and I’ll drop it.  I just noticed the old forum missing,  and like the young elephant in the Kipling story I am insatiably curious.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Good to see you @Ro-bear.  How's the home brew?  To answer your question: a lot of news/current events relevant to religion get posted in the Rants forum.  Political and other controversial topics are covered in the Opine club.  There wasn't a blow-up, per se; more of a drive to return to our primary purpose. 

• Like 1

I haven’t brewed a batch since 2015, Professor. It was a kolsch, and it turned out well. I really should get back to it since I’m retired now. Oddly my hobbies became less consuming after retirement.  These days my thing is traveling.

This site has changed so much I no longer know how to do things. But I’m going to play around a little and try to figure it out.

Thanks for the reply.

• Super Moderator

Well, definitely get out and see the world while the opportunity is there.  I look forward to the day when I can retire and travel.  If I continue saving and planning like I have the past few years, I should be able to retire about 8 months after I die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3