Goodbye Jesus

Biblical error about gays?

Weezer

I don't know how to do a link, but some of you may be interested in this.   This came up on my Google news feed.   I think it was published in a publication called the ADVOCATE.   For you Christians reading this, it's another of many examples of why the bible should not be considered inerrant.  the article is, How a Bible Error Changed History and Turned Gays Into Pariahs.   (which I think is a poor title for the article)  (but that's beside the point)

In summary it says that in older versions of the bible, it did not say a man should not lay with a man.  It says a man should not molest a boy.  (I guess it was okay to molest a girl??)  It seems the evidence for an errant bible being a man made myth keeps adding up.

• Super Moderator

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yep.  Thanks!

• Super Moderator
6 hours ago, Weezer said:

Yep.  Thanks!

Happy to help. 

6 hours ago, Weezer said:

Yep.  Thanks!

I did not know about this.And I think I need to reflect on it.

Back in the day when I was a Bible-believing, Bible-based preacher, I preached a sermon which, in brief, supported gay people having sex. Reception in the congregation was mixed! It is one of the things of which I am quite proud.

I don't think the Bible, awful on many thngs, actually is against gay sex. One verse doesn't make a theology.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nontheistpilgrim said:

I don't think the Bible, awful on many thngs, actually is against gay sex. One verse doesn't make a theology.

And it doesn't seem to be against molesting girls and women. 

I think Paul was still anti gay. One verse being mistranslated doesn't make the whole Bible pro gay.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:32 PM, megasamurai said:

I think Paul was still anti gay. One verse being mistranslated doesn't make the whole Bible pro gay.

You may be right about Paul.  Is there other scripture about the subject?  Off  the top of my head, non come to my mind.