Goodbye Jesus

Most horrific bible passage?

Wertbag

3 minutes ago, Weezer said:

The earlier version (by several centuries) written by ancient Sumerians say it was done because the humans were making so much noise that one of the gods couldn't sleep.  A really good reason to wipe them out!   

Bro should've invested in some earplugs. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

I bear-ly even understand what the point of doing that was. I guess the moral of the story is... murder is a totally acceptable response to being teased at. Don't like being made fun of? Just kill the person making fun of you, obviously. It works everytime.

My idea of it was that a profit of God is a holly man, and especially young folk should give respect to them. But I agree, it's just another of the almost countless silly stories in the Bible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pantheory said:

My idea of it was that a profit of God is a holly man, and especially young folk should give respect to them. But I agree, it's just another of the almost countless silly stories in the Bible.

I was actually just making a joke out of it by applying a backwards moral lesson to the story, but yeah. Just another crazy tall tale out of many in that book.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone has mentioned the main ones above but for me , it’s especially the rules that treat women as a property asset of their fathers who get compensation if they are raped and have the family honour protected via forced marriage (if unmarried).

Killing the man who tried to protect the ark of the covenant when it fell off the cart because he ended up touching it.  I could not understand why God could not grant mercy because his intention was good.

Killing the guy who gathered sticks on the sabbath.  It just doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Henndigo said:

Everyone has mentioned the main ones above but for me , it’s especially the rules that treat women as a property asset of their fathers who get compensation if they are raped and have the family honour protected via forced marriage (if unmarried).

Killing the man who tried to protect the ark of the covenant when it fell off the cart because he ended up touching it.  I could not understand why God could not grant mercy because his intention was good.

Killing the guy who gathered sticks on the sabbath.  It just doesn’t make sense.

A lot of these things I forgot about until just now. Good lord, this is all just so fucked. Especially that first one. Also, what's the purpose of just killing people regardless of intention? Especially with the Ark of the Covenant thing. He was going to put it back on the cart and he's just dead now for like trying to do a good thing and put it back?? Huh??

Also, just read the Sabbath and stick thing while I was typing this. What the hell? They fucking stoned him to death??? Holy shit. So much for a merciful God, huh?

• Like 1