Goodbye Jesus

Is God "in here" or "out there"?

moxieflux66

1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

I'm sure I have in the past.  I'm not surprised.  I tend to be worse when I'm stressed.  And as TABA has suggested, the Lion's Den is for lions...

It shouldn't be for the faint of heart. So I will give you credit for being brave enough for us heathens. 

2 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

That's not what I mean and you know it. Anybody else 'need' you? 

No, very truthfully, I'm not following your thoughts.  What I said was exactly what I meant.  My children have needed me many times, physically and emotionally after our divorce.  This is exactly what I mean.  Had I opted to off myself in despair after the divorce, I wouldn't have been there to help.  

I prefer you not make statements like, "and you know it".  Texting, messaging, is not as effective as being face to face.  A lot of interpretation can be missed.  TIA.

Ok, fair enough. My children needed me too at a point of maximum stress, depression and zero support. I didn't kill myself because I didn't want the kids' father to end up raising them. So I know what you mean in that regard, but what I meant was, who needs you HERE on this forum? Or do you need it more? Is it a substitute for arguing with your overly intellectual father? Since you've been here so long, what do you get out of it, especially as a somewhat isolated christian in a virtual "Lion's Den"? What if you stopped coming here completely? Would you feel a loss? 

7 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Ok, fair enough. My children needed me too at a point of maximum stress, depression and zero support. I didn't kill myself because I didn't want the kids' father to end up raising them. So I know what you mean in that regard, but what I meant was, who needs you HERE on this forum? Or do you need it more? Is it a substitute for arguing with your overly intellectual father? Since you've been here so long, what do you get out of it, especially as a somewhat isolated christian in a virtual "Lion's Den"? What if you stopped coming here completely? Would you feel a loss? 

Thanks for the clarification.  Absolutely no one needs me here...lol.  I live in west Texas.....lot of rednecks.  These conversations are few and far between.  Absolutely no one is interested the makeup of the "void", zero point field, as I have learned, in west Texas.  My beer drinking buddies don't care.

What typically happens with non-believers IMO is they turn to science as validation perhaps.  Not all, some never have believed from youth....never made sense to them.  But it's an observation from being here that many do lean to science to validate their choice......and then try to learn as much as possible to refute their past.  They will say no, but again, it's my observation and opinion.

I enjoy the conversations basically....

I'm certain it's validation for me on some level....almost has to be.  I do a very routine job.....analytical analysis....so I have free minutes between samples.  I will flip to ExC to see what the topic is.  Sometime there are mad ladies that show up swinging....lol.

Going home now M.  Probably not coming back until tomorrow.  Thanks for the conversation. I have enjoyed it.

5 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

My beer drinking buddies don't care.

First let me say 1) it's refreshing to know you drink beer, 2) that you have beer buddies, and 3) that I feel deep sympathy for you having to live in Texas, redneck territory notwithstanding. 

7 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Absolutely no one is interested the makeup of the "void", zero point field, as I have learned, in west Texas.

Never heard of it but it sounds like science to me. 

3 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Going home now M.  Probably not coming back until tomorrow.  Thanks for the conversation. I have enjoyed it.

Good night Ed. Sleep well. 

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Absolutely no one needs me here...lol.  I live in west Texas.....lot of rednecks.  These conversations are few and far between.  Absolutely no one is interested the makeup of the "void", zero point field, as I have learned, in west Texas.  My beer drinking buddies don't care.

What typically happens with non-believers IMO is they turn to science as validation perhaps.  Not all, some never have believed from youth....never made sense to them.  But it's an observation from being here that many do lean to science to validate their choice......and then try to learn as much as possible to refute their past.  They will say no, but again, it's my observation and opinion.

I enjoy the conversations basically....

Don't lie Ed. You know that I am interested in the makeup of the void, the Zero Point Field as a scientist. 🍹The good part of it for our discussion of it in the other thread was/is that there is no mainstream version of it as being physical, so for me, I simply express my opinion, but more than that I wrote an entire theoretical book about it, as you may or may not know. Here is the link to it -- 370 pages long 🤠, west Texas style.

http://www.pantheory.org/

I have had many diverse experiences in life, but the conversations I have heard on this forum in the last 5 years, including the above, are a truely unique experience.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pantheory said:

Don't lie Ed. You know that I am interested in the makeup of the void, the Zero Point Field as a scientist. 🍹The good part of it for our discussion of it in the other thread was/is that there is no mainstream version of it as being physical, so for me, I simply express my opinion, but more than that I wrote an entire theoretical book about it, as you may or may not know. Here is the link to it -- 370 pages long 🤠, west Texas style.

http://www.pantheory.org/

+1

• Like 1

14 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

Never heard of it but it sounds like science to me. 

Yup, that's exactly what it is, science -- one of your interests, right? It is akin to what used to be called the aether. They know now that it exists, but most believe it to be simply an energy field, without any physical nature to it. But others, like Einstein, Dirac, and still others like myself, have proposed that it also has a physical nature -- but mostly generalizations about it and related theoretical physics.

2 hours ago, pantheory said:

Yup, that's exactly what it is, science -- one of your interests, right? It is akin to what used to be called the aether. They know now that it exists, but most believe it to be simply an energy field, without any physical nature to it. But others, like Einstein, Dirac, and still others like myself, have proposed that it also has a physical nature -- but mostly generalizations about it and related theoretical physics.

OH coool! I also 'theorize' about this substance. It 'feels' real to me (this one's for Ed). Perhaps it's the thing that 'spirits' and 'angels' exist in. 

21 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

OH coool! I also 'theorize' about this substance. It 'feels' real to me (this one's for Ed). Perhaps it's the thing that 'spirits' and 'angels' exist in. 

Yes, some may think that. Some believe it involves an external consciousness separate from the spiritualist world. As for me, it's simply a non-complicated physical world very similar to the aether theorized in the 1800's before Michelson and Morley's experiment, Before Einsteinian's theory of Special Relativity,, both of which were thought to debunk it -- which they didn't,