Goodbye Jesus

The Handmaid's Tale

moxieflux66

Ladies, there's a noticeable absence of your presence on this website. I miss you. Come back and tell me what you think of a life depicted in this film? Especially looking for Christian women's feelings on it. Of course you would have had to see the series or read the book so please don't comment unless you have. 

If, on the other hand, you're out there picketing abortion clinics, this is not the spot for you to comment. 

Thanks in advance for your time. 

Moxieflux66

I’m afraid christian women are as rare as hen’s teeth around here…

• Super Moderator

hen's teeth.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

hen's teeth.jpg

What’s a Super Moderator for, if not adding vital context to every topic?  Not everybody can do this.  

• Super Moderator
14 minutes ago, TABA said:

What’s a Super Moderator for, if not adding vital context to every topic?  Not everybody can do this.  

Glad I couldn't help. 

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

hen's teeth.jpg

Also, that’s not a hen… 

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, TABA said:

Also, that’s not a hen… 

Yeah, I know.  I couldn't find any with a hen.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yeah, I know.  I couldn't find any with a hen.

Ok, boys. I see you're having fun at my expense. 

But that's ok; I have other schemes in mind.

6 hours ago, TABA said:

I’m afraid christian women are as rare as hen’s teeth around here…

It's sort of obvious as to why. Hmmmm. 

I see it's possible to link this website (?) to social media. Does that feature go both ways, i.e. can a facebook account be linked to this website? 

It may be a dumb question but I would like to know

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Ok, boys. I see you're having fun at my expense. 

Not at all; and my apologies for giving the impression.  TABA and I often have this back-and-forth banter.  No offense was intended.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Not at all; and my apologies for giving the impression.  TABA and I often have this back-and-forth banter.  No offense was intended.

Well, kinda funnin' ya back, really. Don't worry, only testing the waters. I have a thick enough skin for this...heh heh

But while we're at it..............

Are you familiar with the Tale? If so, please do comment about your take. I'm interested. 

You too, Red

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

It's sort of obvious as to why. Hmmmm. 

I see it's possible to link this website (?) to social media. Does that feature go both ways, i.e. can a facebook account be linked to this website? 

It may be a dumb question but I would like to know

You can always copy/paste the link into a post.  But also, in your profile there should be places for you to add links to, for example, websites you run or such like.  Go to your account profile => settings and look for something like this:

Picture1.png

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You can always copy/paste the link into a post.  But also, in your profile there should be places for you to add links to, for example, websites you run or such like.  Go to your account profile => settings and look for something like this:

Picture1.png

Here's the problem for me; I don't use social media AT ALL. I have just discovered this site, which fulfills all the social media needs I require. I hope it's not going the way of the dinosaur, obsolete and taken over by those platforms but you tell me. Is this site on its 'winding down' phase? 

This site is not as busy as it used to be, that’s true.  There’s a lot more places to go these days for people exiting christianity.  But personally I prefer the long-form posts and discussions that this site favors.  I guess I go for quality over quantity.  No doubt many younger people prefer other social media, with TikTok being the current favorite.  This site has allowed me to get to know some people and form important friendships.  I’m a member of a couple of apostate / atheist groups on Facebook but this one is more rewarding and it remains my online home. 

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Is this site on its 'winding down' phase?

I certainly hope not.  The younger crowd seems to prefer the more social media type platforms and often gravitate to sites like agnostic,com or groups on Reddit, Facebook and the platform formerly known as Twitter.  Those who prefer the deeper, more thorough conversations will probably always want/need a site like this one.  It takes more than a soundbite or a meme for some of us; though a good meme does have its place.  Most of us show up here because we know that there are still lurkers and guests who might need to hear something to help them along on their journey.  I imagine, so long as even a few of us keep showing up, we'll keep the home fires burning. 

hello roomies. I'm doing a test to see just how lost i can get in here...

6 minutes ago, I_confessin_my_fsm said:

Howdy Stranger!

The only thing you can lose here is your salvation.  That’s what we’re all about.  

9 minutes ago, I_confessin_my_fsm said:

I guess you’re not a stranger.  Why did you create a second account?

5 minutes ago, TABA said:

I guess you’re not a stranger.  Why did you create a second account?

It's my brother. I dragged him here. He screwed up his account 🙄

When I signed up it asked for a screen name, not an email.

One is the screen name i made, the other is my email. And my sister has been torturing me for just about 60 years. Pity me, o my savior!

1 minute ago, I_confessin_my_fsm said:

When I signed up it asked for a screen name, not an email.

One is the screen name i made, the other is my email. And my sister has been torturing me for just about 60 years. Pity me, o my savior!

I’m confused.  You are Moxie’s brother, not Moxie?  And you made two accounts, or one?  You can always change your screen name if you like.  

11 minutes ago, TABA said:

Howdy Stranger!

The only thing you can lose here is your salvation.  That’s what we’re all about.  

I lost salvation, but i gained ever so much more. Salivation.

I dumped the big g and the just as big j in my twenties. If hayzeuss wasn't the answer, perhaps Aliester Crowley was.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TABA said:

But personally I prefer the long-form posts and discussions that this site favors.  I guess I go for quality over quantity.

Me too. Social media isn't my 'bag' Heh heh