Goodbye Jesus

The Handmaid's Tale

moxieflux66

1 minute ago, TABA said:

I’m confused.  You are Moxie’s brother, not Moxie?  And you made two accounts, or one?  You can always change your screen name if you like.  

I din't *mean* to create two of them, pretty sure the onboarding process was misunderstood.

32 minutes ago, TABA said:

This site has allowed me to get to know some people and form important friendships.  I’m a member of a couple of apostate / atheist groups on Facebook but this one is more rewarding and it remains my online home. 

Good to hear it. I have the same goals. Whatever I can do to help keep it up, running and rewarding is my pleasure. Even if I have to drag my little brother here (you'll like him; he's part of the reason I have a sense of humor and a thick skin). 

Gentlemen: (and my sister):

I would submit a question for debate:

If we spent the last 2000 (or so) years talking about Jesus, etc. Could the New Age be the fulfilment of Captain J's idea?

The age is to be where ppl are self-actualized on a global scale, such that we all are different (fulfilled) as a human species via "Christ consciousness" 

The "new ager" and the "christian" perhaps not so unalike?

Please to disregard my sister. Ok, maybe not *all* the time.

45 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Those who prefer the deeper, more thorough conversations will probably always want/need a site like this one. 

And I'm one of those guys!! I'm hoping this site is around for a long time, personally. This site has given me more of a community feel more than Reddit and Twitter (or X, but I hate that name) ever have. This place feels like home to me, y'know. I'm glad I met you all :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

And I'm one of those guys!! I'm hoping this site is around for a long time, personally. This site has given me more of a community feel more than Reddit and Twitter (or X, but I hate that name) ever have. This place feels like home to me, y'know. I'm glad I met you all :)

Hello, Cas! Nice to meet you. I see you're a regular here. And clearly, you wouldn't be here if you didn't feel the sense of community I already feel. Thanks for your input! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Those who prefer the deeper, more thorough conversations will probably always want/need a site like this one. 

getting used to that one. I'm a vet of chats, but not one dedicated to the great pain inflicted on us by xtianity.

I feel accepted already.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Hello, Cas! Nice to meet you. I see you're a regular here. And clearly, you wouldn't be here if you didn't feel the sense of community I already feel. Thanks for your input! 

Nice to meet you too, Moxie! Yes, I am regular here on this site. I check it pretty much every day. I don't really post anything in this section, only really offering little bits of humor here and there, some other stuff on occasion. I'm not emotionally ready to step into the Den as often as the other members do.

However, you might see me a lot in the Rants and Replies section, and occasionally the Creative Works section. I haven't ranted lately because I have a lot of mentally taxing things happening in my life (my unaccepting parents, trying to become more of an independent adult while having this violent uphill battle in my head with self-deprecation and anxiety). I'm hanging in there, though. Well, as much as I can, at least. Today's been extremely difficult to get through because a lot of the stuff my parents said to me a couple days ago has been haunting me ever since.

This place has been pretty much my safe haven since I got here in July. I don't know what I would've done without it. In the short time I've been here, I've met lots of cool people. People whom I will cherish for the rest of my life. I know Twitter and Reddit and other places exist, but for me, it doesn't offer that sense of community and connection that I've felt here. If this site didn't exist, I don't know if I'd ever find all you guys either. I might've one way or another, but y'know what I mean. I hope one day I can look back and see how far I've come. I already have trouble with recognizing my accomplishments, which is another thing I have to work on, but with this community's help, I'm sure I'll get there one day. I like checking here every day for people I talk to lol. It's nice.

I'm hoping I can also help others as well as I get further along in my deconversion. I don't want other LGBT people, especially younger ones, to be broken down by toxic religion and be told they're disgusting or sinful or whatever. Same with non-LGBT people. Religion has obliterated my sense of self as a person and I will make it my mission here to help others just as much as this community has helped me once I start getting out of this mental hell I'm in. That's my goal, anyway.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Nice to meet you too, Moxie! Yes, I am regular here on this site. I check it pretty much every day. I don't really post anything in this section, only really offering little bits of humor here and there, some other stuff on occasion. I'm not emotionally ready to step into the Den as often as the other members do.

However, you might see me a lot in the Rants and Replies section, and occasionally the Creative Works section. I haven't ranted lately because I have a lot of mentally taxing things happening in my life (my unaccepting parents, trying to become more of an independent adult while having this violent uphill battle in my head with self-deprecation and anxiety). I'm hanging in there, though. Well, as much as I can, at least. Today's been extremely difficult to get through because a lot of the stuff my parents said to me a couple days ago has been haunting me ever since.

This place has been pretty much my safe haven since I got here in July. I don't know what I would've done without it. In the short time I've been here, I've met lots of cool people. People whom I will cherish for the rest of my life. I know Twitter and Reddit and other places exist, but for me, it doesn't offer that sense of community and connection that I've felt here. If this site didn't exist, I don't know if I'd ever find all you guys either. I might've one way or another, but y'know what I mean. I hope one day I can look back and see how far I've come. I already have trouble with recognizing my accomplishments, which is another thing I have to work on, but with this community's help, I'm sure I'll get there one day. I like checking here every day for people I talk to lol. It's nice.

I'm hoping I can also help others as well as I get further along in my deconversion. I don't want other LGBT people, especially younger ones, to be broken down by toxic religion and be told they're disgusting or sinful or whatever. Same with non-LGBT people. Religion has obliterated my sense of self as a person and I will make it my mission here to help others just as much as this community has helped me once I start getting out of this mental hell I'm in. That's my goal, anyway.

Would it be ok if I send you a personal message? I don't want to say what I need to say on public forum.

P.S. It's not bad, I promise

8 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Most of us show up here because we know that there are still lurkers and guests who might need to hear something to help them along on their journey. 

And I think we can do more. Anybody have websites that link to this one? Like the Military Religious Freedom Foundation? It would be so great to increase participation with like minded organizations.