Goodbye Jesus

Beautiful songs from heavy metal Bands

DarkBishop

Hello Everyone,

I'm a huge Rock fan. All genres of rock and metal. The songs they sing speak to me more than any other music. The various rock styles as well from Elvis, Southern Rock, the big hair bands of the 80s, grunge in the 90s, Gothic rock/metal, punk rock, heavy metal, death metal, etc. All of it has songs that reach my soul. 

But sometimes I'm amazed by a metal or rock band when they create something so beautiful that it pulls on your very being. Precious gems in unexpected places. One of the more popular and new songs like this is "The sound of Silence" by Disturbed. It is a remake but who knew they would have been able to make that song so beautiful, deep, and meaningful? 

This thread is for those unexpected Gems. I know there are others in here that enjoy the devils music like I do. I'd like to see what yall have found out there.

The first that I want to post a link to is a song I've been listening to for years. My first wife came across it during the Era of Napster if anyone remembers that. 

The song is "A distance there is" by Theater of Tragedy.

This was the first song I heard of theirs and was surprised to find that this wasn't their norm. 

DB

Goodbye Jesus

And since I mentioned it in my OP. Here's Disturbed's "The sound of silence".

DB

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

The first song that came to my mind was actually a throw-back to my christian days.  I still love this song, despite no longer believing in the message.  This is a pretty cool video, too.

• Super Moderator

This is the second song that I thought of, from Babymetal.  The original version is a lot heavier; but I had to include this one in the thread because it is just as beautiful and moving as the original.  And it also has hot Asian ladies in it.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

This is an old Irish song that you might often still hear in pubs and such.  Dropkick Murphys did a really good job with it.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

These guys (and gals) are from Vietnam.  I have to include them in honor of Ms. Professor (because, again, hot Asian ladies).

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Of course, we're going to need a little Queensryche in the list.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Dropkick Murphys got me in the mood for a bit o' the auld Irish; so enjoy this nice tune by the Booze Brothers.  If you listen closely, you might just hear @TABA singing in the background (you'll regret it if you do!).

I would be doing this thread an injustice if I left out Nirvana. By far I consider their last album, unplugged in New York. Their best album. Everyone knows this album wasn't their normal speed to say the least. Here is "Oh Me" 

I gotta get "November Rain" by Guns and Roses on here too. Even if it is more Rock than the rest so far. It's just such a beautiful song. 

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

We also need to acknowledge the more recent fusion of metal with traditional folk instrumentation.  It's growing in popularity throughout Europe and Asia as well.

• Super Moderator

I've shared this song before on another thread; but figured I'd put it here, since it's one of my favorites and a good example of Asian folk metal.

Oooohhh!!! If we're doing rock... I gotta add in this song!! Eve is great imo. I love J-Rock! I know it says metal, but you mention rock in the post soooo... there's English captions btw!

1 hour ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

I love J-Rock! I know it says metal, but you mention rock in the post sooo

It's about beautiful meaningful songs that Rock and metal Bands sometimes come up with. 

• Super Moderator

I've never been a huge fan of Evanescence; but I objectively have to give sincere respect to Amy Lee's vocals.  She is, quite appropriately and accurately, described as a powerhouse. 

• Thanks 1

This song is from Warhammer history, telling the story of a last stand.  The defenders know they are outnumbered and there is no way to retreat, so their death is assured.  They are saying they will remain brave to the end, fight with everything they have, even the suicide charge at the end.  There is no happy ending, but courage in the face of doom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

She is, quite appropriately and accurately, described as a powerhouse. 

Wow, this one hit hard lol 😆 really got me considering my current situation with the ex. Very beautiful song. 

DB

Here's one by the German Industrial metal band, Rammstein. "Mutter"

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Wow, this one hit hard lol 😆 really got me considering my current situation with the ex. Very beautiful song. 

DB

Here, have some salt for that wound:

• Like 1

Gobsmack deserves a place on the list with "Serenity". I've always loved their use of the bongo drums in their music from the very first song I heard of theirs, "VooDoo".

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

One of my old school favorites from Testament:

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Speaking of Asian folk metal, if you have a few minutes to spare, you should check out Nini Music on YouTube or your music streaming platform.  She does a lot of covers; but also composes and plays her own original work as well.  Hard to choose just one gem or nugget from her; but here's an appetizer:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 9:59 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

One of my old school favorites from Testament:

Wow. That is a great song I've never heard. From the Headbanger's Ball days of MTV, no less! It's been a long time....thanks! 

Just found this little gem today. I liked the original by papa roach. But I think I like this remake by falling in reverse better. "Last Resort"

• Super Moderator

For @Casualfanboy16:

• Like 1