Goodbye Jesus

Anyone attend a mega-church?

Wertbag

10 hours ago, Weezer said:

Those were what our church called "liberal" churches that preached a "watered down" social gospel that would not get you into heaven.  To get you into heaven you had to go through the holy rituals.

I was in the Crystal Cathedral years ago in California, but it was on a tour of the area and there wasn't a service going on.  I remember thinking the glass building would not be practical in Kansas.  Even dangerous in a hail storm. 😁

This was in the early 1950's. The church was/is truly a huge Temple-like structure made of steal re-enforced stone. Although  it was built in the the 1920'sI, it looks like something from the 1800's, and looked like it might be the last building standing after a hurricane which happens here about every 125 years. The last big one that hit here was in 1889, and a smaller one in 1939, according to my research.

Yeah, the Chrystal Cathedral is something else, very beautiful but I don't think it could withstand big hail, or hurricanes. Maybe some bulletproof glass?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I used to go to Benny Hinn's father-in-law's church, but that was only until the mid-1970's. It was kind of like other Ass of God churches I went to, only bigger. I'm guessing the mega churches must have evolved since then with more "community" features such as the coffee shops, etc.

• Like 1