Goodbye Jesus

License Plates...

Ex-COG

Yikes! I was behind an SUV today, and I noticed that they had specialty plates. I looked closer at the seemingly random letters, and made out the message. "1 4GZUS". Oh brother.

Now, do they think anyone will be turned on to da Lawd by this display? Or are they actually boasting about their devotion to Jesus? I admit, I'm tempted to buy a plate that says "PHUQUE U" and drive around fundy churches on Sunday mornings to see how many people I can piss off. I wonder if the DMV would issue such a plate to me? *rubs hands together evilly* :Duivel7:

Well I proudly sport my Darwin fish on my lovely Chevy Impala. I am still eagerly waiting for my first Christian confrontation.

I just have to remind myself that there are some sane people out there driving around. A couple days earlier, I saw a bumpersticker that said, "Evolve, damn it!" That might piss them off, too. Hee hee.

Now, do they think anyone will be turned on to da Lawd by this display? Or are they actually boasting about their devotion to Jesus?

The latter if you ask me.

Gee, I wonder what strange things I'd see on German streets if vanity license plates were fully permitted. As it were, the format and the first letters are predetermined - by agreed-upon standard and by the administrative district where your car is registered. Only exceptions are groups like "Y-tours" ("We book, you curse" - the slang term for our Federal forces, who always have license plates of the format "Y 000 000" - a Y and 6 digits) and our new Federal police (formerly the "border guard", plates go BG and digits).

As for me, you can tell I was fascinated with that game "World War II Online" when I re-registered my car in Gifhorn... or what else is one supposed to think when seeing my plate "GF-ME 110"? :pureevil:

Guest byrdlady22
post-1512-1147725084_thumb.jpgTHIS IS WHAT I THINK IF SOMETHING ISNT HURTFUL OR CAUSING PEOPLE TO FIGHT AND BRINGS A PERSON TOGETHER I AM FOR IT BUT THAT F U STATEMENT WILL CAUSE NEGATIVE VIBES DOES THAT MAKE YOU ANY BETTER ? WHAT ARE YOU ANGRY ABOUT IT AINT AT JESUS IT SOMETHING ELSE. :scratch:

THIS IS WHAT I THINK IF SOMETHING ISNT HURTFUL OR CAUSING PEOPLE TO FIGHT AND BRINGS A PERSON TOGETHER I AM FOR IT BUT THAT F U STATEMENT WILL CAUSE NEGATIVE VIBES DOES THAT MAKE YOU ANY BETTER ? WHAT ARE YOU ANGRY ABOUT IT AINT AT JESUS IT SOMETHING ELSE. :scratch:

He's not angry byrdlady22. You can't get angry over fictional literary figures (unless you are a christian, and we were talking about the DaVinci Code :scratch: ) He's exasperated by the seeming need of christians to advertise on every possible medium.

It's no less annoying than people who feel they need everyone behind them to know what school their spawn is excelling at.

And, I would like to point out, no less annoying than people that use all caps in their posts, and want everyone to be a bunch of feel-good hippies, eliminating "negative vibes" (whatever that means).

And, I would like to point out, no less annoying than people that use all caps in their posts, and want everyone to be a bunch of feel-good hippies, eliminating "negative vibes" (whatever that means).

AGREED! Oops, I mean, agreed!

Seriously, lady, it's not worth the effort to try to read your posts.

I hope you arent planning to post that Angel pic in every reply...its going to get old real fast. The CAPS need to go, too.

CAPS=Bad vibes

Maybe you are the angry one here. :scratch:

Yikes! I was behind an SUV today, and I noticed that they had specialty plates. I looked closer at the seemingly random letters, and made out the message. "1 4GZUS". Oh brother.

Now, do they think anyone will be turned on to da Lawd by this display? Or are they actually boasting about their devotion to Jesus? I admit, I'm tempted to buy a plate that says "PHUQUE U" and drive around fundy churches on Sunday mornings to see how many people I can piss off. I wonder if the DMV would issue such a plate to me? *rubs hands together evilly* :Duivel7:

Yeah, tell me about it. We got so sick of it we personalized out plates to say "UNBLVR" meaning unbeliever. Man you should see the mean looks we get here in the good ol bible belt.

Don't know if they'd let you get away with "Phuque U" with all the anti-obscenity regulations governing license plates. But you could try for "Each Hit"(say it fast 3 times) ;)

I've seen a bumper sticker on a truck at work that says "Jesus loves me more than you". Very hypocritical. Also, quite a few fishes.

If I could afford a custom plate, I don't know what I'd put on it. Maybe something like "LOGIC" but of course, people won't care.

I've seen a bumper sticker on a truck at work that says "Jesus loves me more than you". Very hypocritical. Also, quite a few fishes.

If I could afford a custom plate, I don't know what I'd put on it. Maybe something like "LOGIC" but of course, people won't care.

Hehehe

See, that strikes me as being infinitely more appropriate on an unbeliever's vehicle. That's the kind of sarcastic humor I'd think about putting on my car.

Hehehe

See, that strikes me as being infinitely more appropriate on an unbeliever's vehicle. That's the kind of sarcastic humor I'd think about putting on my car.

Well, that might be the case, but there an awful lot of Christians where I work.

I tried to get a license plate that said GET [hand symbol] JOB. I told them it meant "Get a job, not a handout". but they rejected it as potentially offensive.

They didn't even tell me why!

Oh, and BirdLady, are you a spoof?

Oh man, who was it that used to drive around with that Bible-God-Jesus-something license plate all those years? I think it was our pastor.

Living in Jefferson County, MO, where people who don't own guns are traitors to Jesus, there's a little Jesus fish on every car. I think the sole purpose is pride. "Hey, I'm Christian! Look at how much God loves me because I have a little fish on my car! Look, God loves MY Jesus fish more than YOUR Jesus fish, because MY Jesus fish has a little cross where the eye would be! Top THAT, holyman!"

Yeah, tell me about it. We got so sick of it we personalized out plates to say "UNBLVR" meaning unbeliever. Man you should see the mean looks we get here in the good ol bible belt.

Yeah I remeber reading about that in your blog Atheist Mommy I have had thoughts of getting o plate like that of some sort

Yeah I remeber reading about that in your blog Atheist Mommy I have had thoughts of getting o plate like that of some sort

Oh, you've been to my sweet spot!

:wicked:

We should all feel free to express ourselves, right? Well, if they can make love to Jesus on a li plate than we can proclaim our Atheism on our li plates. I've been thinking about putting a hidden camera back there and feeding it live on my blog. Some of the faces they make are just so fucken funny.

I want a bumper sticker that says: "My kid ate your honor student." And let them draw from that whatever conclusions they want.

it's funny how people are really concerned about offending other people with license plates, until it comes to religion.

any obscenity or play on an obscenity is out...but they're allowed to offend all the logical people with their jesus love.

Well, most people aren't oversensitive enough to actually get offended (rather than simply mildly annoyed and/or slightly amused) by a religious-believer message. :loser:

And, I want a bumper sticker that says, "I hate your children." Not just "I hate children" or "I hate you," but "I hate your children."

Slightly off-topic, but I'd love to tool around in the Midwest in a big black Hummer with an airbrushing on the back of Thor crucifying Jeezus™, using Mjolnir to pound in the nails, and/or Odin thrusting his spear Gungnir into Jeezus'™ side.

Thurisaz would appreciate it, at least :grin:

Come to think of it, I think I have seen a couple Calvins pissing on crosses. Not around here, though.

Come to think of it, I think I have seen a couple Calvins pissing on crosses. Not around here, though.

I've only seen the ones with Calvin watering the Chevy symbol. There have been several cars showing Calvin praying before the cross! I wonder if Bill Watterson gave permission for Calvin to be used in such a way?

Guest Devil's Due

Evolve Fish has the bestest fishies to stick on your car. They've gone way beyond "Jesus" and "Darwin" and into the realm of brilliance.

I am very partial to the one that says "Evolve" with a fish with feet holding a wrench, the "Devil" with the little pitchfork (my truck would get keyed though), and "Procreation" with the Darwin fish schtupping the Jesus fish.

They also have the "No Bible Thumpers" emblem.

Oh, you've been to my sweet spot!

:wicked:

We should all feel free to express ourselves, right? Well, if they can make love to Jesus on a li plate than we can proclaim our Atheism on our li plates. I've been thinking about putting a hidden camera back there and feeding it live on my blog. Some of the faces they make are just so fucken funny.

I will admit though AM

I do feel like rearending cars and such that have thoes lisence plates bumper stickers and what not. So how will those Christians fell WELL WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!! :grin:

Evolve Fish has the bestest fishies to stick on your car. They've gone way beyond "Jesus" and "Darwin" and into the realm of brilliance.

I am very partial to the one that says "Evolve" with a fish with feet holding a wrench, the "Devil" with the little pitchfork (my truck would get keyed though), and "Procreation" with the Darwin fish schtupping the Jesus fish.

They also have the "No Bible Thumpers" emblem.

Ooooh, the "No Bible Thumpers" would be good to put on my front door, but I somehow have a feeling that it would actually attract them.