Goodbye Jesus

This Shit Makes Me Not Want To Live In This Country...

Padreko

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/06/01/bus...e.ap/index.html

Why do people have to be so retarded? It pisses me off to no end that I always feel like a victim of some other persons prejudicial poison that they feel they must spread to everyone. When will someone take office that actually feels a need to take care of ALL of their country's citizens. I PAY FUCKING TAXES TOO you jackass excuse for a leader!

Things I'd like to see done in this retarded country that we're so proud of:

1 Free healthcare

2 Increased yet more restricted/analyzed spending budgets for education (including college).

3 Increased research spending budgets - wanna cure for cancer then make sure the scientist is employed!

4 NO funding for religious organizations whatsoever....

5 bush kicked out of office

6 REvamped welfare system (no one should be sitting on their rumps for free money)

7 More informative sexual education

8 Increased Minimum wage

9 Better job security

10 Legalized gambling everywhere (why should only a FEW natives benifit from from gambling anyway?)

11 Lowered Drinking Age (cause requiring people to be 21 was sooooo fucking smart?????)

12 People yelling reparations to STFU except unless you have a specific claim....

13 Oh yeah, I'd like my canadian marraige certificate to mean something, so the backasswards religios born again nut in-laws don't try anything funny if/when something bad happens....

ARGGGG!!!!!!

Fixed that for ya'.

6 REvamped welfare system (no one should be sitting on their rumps for free money)

Having been on welfare at one point in my life, I can tell you it's anything BUT "sitting on your rumps for free money." It's quite literally a hellish situation, and most people will do anything to get out of it.

Of course, having an actual health care system and a raise in Min. Wage would probably help THAT a lot.

Having been on welfare at one point in my life, I can tell you it's anything BUT "sitting on your rumps for free money." It's quite literally a hellish situation, and most people will do anything to get out of it.

Of course, having an actual health care system and a raise in Min. Wage would probably help THAT a lot.

Indeed.

There's not a politician alive would admit it, but the problem isn't individual parts of the system. It's the machine as a whole.

The U.S. socio-political contraption is long overdue for a deep-cleaning, tune-up and overhaul.

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but...

...is our German welfare system the only one that (in some cases at least) grants people more money as long as they are on welfare than they could earn in any currently-available job? :blink::vent:

I'm not kidding you - depending on the specific circumstances of course, some people say "Why the fuck should I go out and find a job? I could get about (insert sum here) per month at max, as the officials confirm to me, and I get (insert other, larger sum) on welfare!"... and they are right.

Of course this sad fact is eagerly being generalized my many politicians et al for some free polemics against the "fucking lazy unemployed people"... :Hmm:

Fixed that for ya'.

Another fix... :vent:

Fixed that for ya'.

Another fix... :vent:

And another... :ugh:

You're a good example of the system working to help someone... I'm talking about people that take advantage of the program (it should be revamped to weed out those people - some how?) Lots of people do it, especially in New York which is a welfare state.

Good post.

I'm not sure about universal healthcare. I don't know if that would be workable.

Personally, I'd like to see a cap on malpractice claims, have them go to arbitration so the lawyers don't get rich.

Also, nationalize the pharmaceutical industry. Charging $90 for a 30 day supply of a medication someone needs to live is wrong. Having pennicilin for horses at $20 and for humans at $60 is wrong, and whatever they're charging for insulin is wrong.

I'd just get rid of transfer payments altogether. Folks would be far more affluent if they didn't have to give their money to the government for all the programs we fund. (I would continue Social Security payments to seniors who relied on this system for their retirement - but I think it just allows them to starve slowly.)

One thing you *could* tax the crap out of me for is education. I don't have, and never will have children. (Long story.) But I want to be surrounded by smart motivated young people.

Lower drinking age? Hell yeah. If you can be given an M16 and sent to war, if you can vote, you should be able to have a beer. Either that, or make all these responsibilities an privileges take effect at 21.

As to what prompted you to post: I don't see where two people of the same gender making a life commitment has anything to do with the life commitment I'm making to the wonderful woman in my life.

I seem to remember hearing that gay people moving into a depressed urban area actually improved the economy and living conditions. (Anybody know where I might be able to find statistics relating to that?)

Anyway - my $.02.

5 bush kicked out of office

Yeah, I agree, Bush is an idiot. But if you kick him out, you'd have to kick out most of the people who would be his successors, because they'd probably continue his hateful, bigoted crap.

I hope that the next president will actually be intelligent.

Indeed.

There's not a politician alive would admit it, but the problem isn't individual parts of the system. It's the machine as a whole.

The U.S. socio-political contraption is long overdue for a deep-cleaning, tune-up and overhaul.

As you already know I agree totally, and more and more often these days I want to do something about it -then I realize that I'll just be another John Smith rotting in jail.

Raising the militia these days is next to impossible. If I could secure funding for a secessionist movement somewhere it would be a different story. Unfortunately, my dream of a soverign USA will probably remain exactly that for the rest of my life, as I stand by and watch this nonsense continue to unfold.

Raising the militia these days is next to impossible. If I could secure funding for a secessionist movement somewhere it would be a different story. Unfortunately, my dream of a soverign USA will probably remain exactly that for the rest of my life, as I stand by and watch this nonsense continue to unfold.

Could a make over really fix the problems though? I'm thinking The Who "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss," or Marquez's 100 years of solitude (endless gorilla warfare but no real change). When I was younger I really wanted to change the system as well. Now I have decided (right or wrong) that change is not only unattainable, but perhaps would even lead to something worse - think the Russian Red Revolution. I have since traded my very interested and empathetic youthful idealism for a much more selfish form of escapism. I want to be free; I don't want to worry about lawyers, patriot acts, high taxes, etc..., etc..., so I have created a life for myself that allows me to live in obscure self reliance. Now I live in the former Soviet Union where the system is still broken enough that I can live quietly with a minimum of government and corporate intrusion in my life. If they become more efficient again (which they surely will), we will move on. I make my own money without reliance on an employer and I can take my work with me as long as I can connect to the net. For me this is a solution that works. I don't believe that the masses will ever get together and fix what is broken in the US and if/when the US ever does get fixed it will be ugly to live through. It's just another piece of property to me, I won't die for it or make other sacrifices for it, but that's just the newly selfish old me.

Could a make over really fix the problems though? I'm thinking The Who "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss," or Marquez's 100 years of solitude (endless gorilla warfare but no real change). When I was younger I really wanted to change the system as well. Now I have decided (right or wrong) that change is not only unattainable, but perhaps would even lead to something worse - think the Russian Red Revolution. I have since traded my very interested and empathetic youthful idealism for a much more selfish form of escapism. I want to be free; I don't want to worry about lawyers, patriot acts, high taxes, etc..., etc..., so I have created a life for myself that allows me to live in obscure self reliance. Now I live in the former Soviet Union where the system is still broken enough that I can live quietly with a minimum of government and corporate intrusion in my life. If they become more efficient again (which they surely will), we will move on. I make my own money without reliance on an employer and I can take my work with me as long as I can connect to the net. For me this is a solution that works. I don't believe that the masses will ever get together and fix what is broken in the US and if/when the US ever does get fixed it will be ugly to live through. It's just another piece of property to me, I won't die for it or make other sacrifices for it, but that's just the newly selfish old me.

Well, I don't want to fix it.

I want to help establish a new territory within the USA or near the USA in international waters that is not subject to US law. By the way -your move gives me hope. Weak and incompetent government leads to greater freedom.

I suppose that is a fix, but as long as the federal government can be kept out then there is some autonomy. Israel has been accomplishing that for years, but it can't be done without funding...

That's the hard part ;-)

...is our German welfare system the only one that (in some cases at least) grants people more money as long as they are on welfare than they could earn in any currently-available job? :blink::vent:

Nope. Denmark is very much the same way. My Dad is from Denmark and when my family lived there briefly long ago, not only was he paying to feed his family but around three other familys on the system as well!

Welfare here is incredibly nasty. In many cases, if it's your only means of support, you DON'T have any other option but to cheat the system or rely on help from strangers. I was very lucky in my state even allows a single person onto welfare. Many states say, "Don't got children? Go rot in a gutter."

I didn't get enough to pay rent and pay for even basic things like shampoo, conditoner, or deoderant. The food stamps I could stretch since I knew how to cook and could get staple basics like flour, though often I was too sick to cook and eat. I wasn't homeless just because my mother allowed me to live with her and payed for most stuff because there was NO way I could pay rent anywhere else. I got around $300 for the whole month and the cheapest flats in the most dangerous ghetto out here run for $450 at least.

Trying to get off of it was rediculous. What I needed the most was the health care bennies, which was absolutely a paperwork nightmare for me to get and keep. I eventually got better enough that I could go back to work. But I couldn't stop treatments, because if I did, I would relapse. The state effectively prevented that from happening. If I got a job, I would lose everything including the health care that was allowing me to get back into the world and pay taxes again!

The worst part of it was I was called, "White trash," "Leech" "Welfare Sucker" "Whore" and a whole host of other things just because I was on welfare. Never mind that I've worked since I was 14 to help keep my family together after my Dad left, that I put myself through college, and up until that point in time, I had a very nice job at Microsoft.

"The System" needs revamping. Because nobody who lives here in the states here is going to escape it. We are ALL going to become old, sick, and need help someday. Most of us are going to have to work long after retirement because social security is not going to give enough to live on. Hopefully you have saved for your retirement, but rising costs of health care and at worst you get sick with something like cancer, you can kiss your savings that you worked all your life for goodbye in one fell swoop.

Ok, I'll stop rambling and giving too much reality for a Saturday morning. :woohoo:

I love how the chimp is fixated with gay marriage. War in Iraq? Gas prices? Preparations for hurricane season not made? Blowing cover of CIA agents?

No, let's harp on gays.

I am STILL waiting for someone to give me any demonstrable evidence of two homosexual people marrying that damages a heterosexual marriage. Anyone here know of one? I can't even imagine how this is supposed to work.

Couldn't someone at least have asked the chimp a followup question? "How does the gay marriage harm a straight marriage?"

I do notice that if you keep asking bigots and their ilk the magic word "Why." their arguments begin to collapse.

-Seth

I am STILL waiting for someone to give me any demonstrable evidence of two homosexual people marrying that damages a heterosexual marriage. Anyone here know of one? I can't even imagine how this is supposed to work.

Couldn't someone at least have asked the chimp a followup question? "How does the gay marriage harm a straight marriage?"

Well, see, Seth... It's actually quite simple...

If you legalize gay marriage, a number of things are guaranteed to happen.

1. Men will begin lusting after men, and women after women. This will cause pure and sacred heterosexual marriages to dissolve as people begin going after others of the same gender, forgetting and desecrating the bonds of holy love that brought them together in the first place.

2. Homosexual child molesters will begin actively preying on the innocent and defenseless children abandoned by their queerly-fornicating parents, thereby recruiting impressionable minds to their unholy cause.

3. Women will turn to witchcraft and devil worship, and those that don't abandon their children (as outlined above) or have sick, disgusting abortions to terminate their God-given burdens, will sacrifice their offspring to the Great Satan to win his favor.

4. Pedophilia, bestiality, and polygamy will quickly become legal, as well, and we'll see a surge of instances of children as young as six months being sexually abused in all of the stomach-churning manners that newly-validated homosexuals can think of.

5. Instances of rape and assault will go through the roof, reaching numbers unseen since the reigns of heathen demon-worshippers centuries ago.

So, you see, legalizing same-sex marriage will cause the complete and utter collapse of society. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

:HaHa:

1. Men will begin lusting after men, and women after women. This will cause pure and sacred heterosexual marriages to dissolve as people begin going after others of the same gender, forgetting and desecrating the bonds of holy love that brought them together in the first place.

2. Homosexual child molesters will begin actively preying on the innocent and defenseless children abandoned by their queerly-fornicating parents, thereby recruiting impressionable minds to their unholy cause.

3. Women will turn to witchcraft and devil worship, and those that don't abandon their children (as outlined above) or have sick, disgusting abortions to terminate their God-given burdens, will sacrifice their offspring to the Great Satan to win his favor.

4. Pedophilia, bestiality, and polygamy will quickly become legal, as well, and we'll see a surge of instances of children as young as six months being sexually abused in all of the stomach-churning manners that newly-validated homosexuals can think of.

5. Instances of rape and assault will go through the roof, reaching numbers unseen since the reigns of heathen demon-worshippers centuries ago.

So, you see, legalizing same-sex marriage will cause the complete and utter collapse of society. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Lets not forget the occurances of incest will fly through the roof also!

Ummm...is BDSM still ok so long as it's het? :HaHa:

Lets not forget the occurances of incest will fly through the roof also!

But of course. It will be an offense punishable by death (via sacrifice to Satan, naturally) to despoil a small child before the parents.

These people get me mad as hell. :glare: Marriage is about being with someone in which you love. It's not limited to only male and female.

These people here also don't make me feel any more proud to be American:

http://www.peacetakescourage.com/32.html

When the rest of the world look at America, they look at these dim-witts and say that America is a stupid hillbilly, Jesus freak country.

When the rest of the world look at America, they look at these dim-witts and say that America is a stupid hillbilly, Jesus freak country.

Dude, the next time that you use this line, you're going to have to fit something in there that has to do with NASCAR. :HaHa:

When the rest of the world look at America, they look at these dim-witts and say that America is a stupid hillbilly, Jesus freak country who is obsessed with an activity in which 30 cars go around a big circle 500 times.

FIXED!

Quoting from a reader's comment sent to Der Spiegel magazine some time ago:

"...it's a shame that Bush still has a 40 % approval rating over there. Can 60 % of the American population not do anything anymore but pray?"

Of course that was more than a few days ago, as you can tell from the percentage... :pureevil:

I gotta say, it's been two years since I've been there now and this sure describes what it looks like to me now from the outside looking in - and I know better; I think.

When the rest of the world look at America, they look at these dim-witts and say that America is a stupid hillbilly, Jesus freak country who is obsessed with an activity in which 30 cars go around a big circle 500 times.

FIXED!

Oddly enough, NASCAR is a really good analogy for Christianity. ;)

FIXED!

Very true. My cousins in Europe tell me that my college algebra math is what they did in 8th grade. :ugh: I think a lot of it has to do with the education not being as high as it used to, so you have people buying into everything way too easily, if things would improve, I'm sure the population graduating from high schools all over would be less ditzy. When I graduated from high school, I felt like I haven't really learned anything. I just felt very cheated. And countries are usually strong if the people are strong as well.