Goodbye Jesus

This Shit Makes Me Not Want To Live In This Country...

Padreko

"I think a lot of it has to do with the education not being as high as it used to"

True to that.

There is a percentage of American kids who can't even point out their own country on a map. How proud that makes me! :Doh:

When the rest of the world look at America, they look at these dim-witts and say that America is a stupid hillbilly, Jesus freak country who is obsessed with an activity in which 30 cars go around a big circle 500 times.

FIXED!

Very true. My cousins in Europe tell me that my college algebra math is what they did in 8th grade. :ugh: I think a lot of it has to do with the education not being as high as it used to, so you have people buying into everything way too easily, if things would improve, I'm sure the population graduating from high schools all over would be less ditzy. When I graduated from high school, I felt like I haven't really learned anything. I just felt very cheated. And countries are usually strong if the people are strong as well.

Can you imagine how uneducated the ones who don't graduate high school are? :twitch: Come on down to Memphis, TN and you'll get a good look. It's definately one of the reasons I'm constantly on my computer.....because the Internet's the only place I can find people with whom to have intelligent conversation. I'm afraid my brain would atrophy and turn to mush if I didn't have that outlet.

Can you imagine how uneducated the ones who don't graduate high school are? :twitch: Come on down to Memphis, TN and you'll get a good look. It's definately one of the reasons I'm constantly on my computer.....because the Internet's the only place I can find people with whom to have intelligent conversation. I'm afraid my brain would atrophy and turn to mush if I didn't have that outlet.

Not all drop-outs are like this. Speaking from experience; for some staring down the prospect of being forced to spend another year or two locked in one of those prisons for the better part of most days, weeks and years is just more than one can handle.

I won't deny that opting not to complete high school probably wasn't the wisest course of action, but I'm not sure I'll ever be convinced it would have done me any better had I stuck with it.

I now wish that I had dropped out and done the same Woody and gotten a GED. High school did feel like a prison. It was a hellish place. There's no way that I'll ever go back for a high school reunion, I've moved on.

Not all drop-outs are like this. Speaking from experience; for some staring down the prospect of being forced to spend another year or two locked in one of those prisons for the better part of most days, weeks and years is just more than one can handle.

I won't deny that opting not to complete high school probably wasn't the wisest course of action, but I'm not sure I'll ever be convinced it would have done me any better had I stuck with it.

I'll tell you right now it wouldn't have done you any better.

I just wish I had the balls back then to drop out and stop wasting my life. I cannot attribute one iota of my current level of knowledge to schooling, other than learning to read and write. They could have done that, a little bit of math and science and let me go.

I pick up on the rest as I need it.

Exactly.

I learned the 3 Rs in elementary school. Everything after that was just so much useless and easily-forgotten shit.

"I think a lot of it has to do with the education not being as high as it used to"

True to that.

There is a percentage of American kids who can't even point out their own country on a map. How proud that makes me! :Doh:

Absolutely agreed. Education is The Natural Enemy of religious fanaticism, as far as I can tell.

I now wish that I had dropped out and done the same Woody and gotten a GED. High school did feel like a prison. It was a hellish place. There's no way that I'll ever go back for a high school reunion, I've moved on.

It is becoming more like prison than ever. All secondary schools here have at least one armed policeman and security guards one duty. One of my co-workers, who goes to my old high school, told me how one time, they had to extend the school day for a week and have the students stay an extra hour to make up for the two days classes were cancelled due to a power outage.

You would think they would do something constructive with that one extra hour...but nooo! Since the administrators were only doing it because it was required, they rounded up the whole student body and made them spend that extra hour each day in the auditorium doing nothing but sitting around.

This was done so the students wouldn't try to sneak out at their regular time. They also stationed a security(prison) guard at each exit so no one could escape....er,um leave. Just...pitiful. :ugh:

This was done so the students wouldn't try to sneak out at their regular time. They also stationed a security(prison) guard at each exit so no one could escape....er,um leave. Just...pitiful. :ugh:

Nice, so they are teaching the kids to accept institutionalized bureaucratic rules as a norm in life. What a great life lesson!

Nice, so they are teaching the kids to accept institutionalized bureaucratic rules as a norm in life. What a great life lesson!

I agree. That's terrible.

It is becoming more like prison than ever. All secondary schools here have at least one armed policeman and security guards one duty. One of my co-workers, who goes to my old high school, told me how one time, they had to extend the school day for a week and have the students stay an extra hour to make up for the two days classes were cancelled due to a power outage.

You would think they would do something constructive with that one extra hour...but nooo! Since the administrators were only doing it because it was required, they rounded up the whole student body and made them spend that extra hour each day in the auditorium doing nothing but sitting around.

I wonder if another reason was because the mandate to make up for the lost time wasn't also applied to the teachers' union. so maybe the administrators were forced to have the kids there but could not force the teachers to stay late to teach them. Or something like that.

I think the same people who are lusting to repeal the estate tax are the ones who benefit from a population that is uneducated.

I agree. That's terrible.

Can you hear that sound of jackboots marching down the main street? :Hmm:

(EDIT)

I think I should clarify.

Considering what I keep hearing about how the youth, generally, is treated over there in god's own country, I have a harder time each passing day to fight the impression that all "you" (that is, the ones in power over where you live) care about is to control your kids. Fuck for education. Fuck for giving them a decent chance to achieve something in life. Just control them so that they can't possibly hurt you and your dreamworld.

Round them up, lock the doors, throw away the key. That's how it sounds to me.

I think I gonna puke.