Goodbye Jesus

Life Fucking Sucks Ass!

Abiyoyo

Anyhow,

My life is ruined. Just venting.

You okay? Would you like to share? :)

I hope you're okay, at least for the moment...

Have a beer. *hug*

I'm sorry Yoyo.

How do you figure it's ruined? Maybe typing about it will help put it all into perspective? Is it about the Divorce?

Have a beer. *hug*

Naw, I aint ok. Im fucking pissed off at the world. I need more than a beer. I hate this world and wished that I wasnt in it anymore. Honestly. It sucks ass. I mean why the fuck would God let this shit happen. I believe that He is real, just dont understand why all this shit in the middle. I know that we are special(humans), set apart from really any other living thing in this world. So, with the knowing that I can reason and think and create, imagine, learn more rapidly than anyother creature; we are special.

So thats were I am at. I know that we didnt come from some fucking substance evolved over time, or else we wouldnt have the abilities we have. The human anatomy is one of the most extensive designs in the world. I know we were created, personally, but FUCKING WHY!!!!!!!

To constantly fuck shit up and have this torn concept of spiritual and natural worlds juggling into reality. Its the most fucked up thing I have ever been through. Ok, so God made us and shit. Why would God have made us to be without us. Does that make sense. Are we just some kind of fucking toys that he came up with because He was bored.

I understand the whole Abraham, and his seed and Israel and Moses, and David and the Babylonian Capture of the Jews. The prophets that were mostly murdered or killed purposely, that warned of all this shit that would happenm to them. I understand how all this goes back to creation and God speaking and choosing people to lead His ordained. Then I even understand why Jesus came and why He was so important to the Jews, even though they killed Him.

What I dont understand is Why we were ever even created? I mean God is according to the OT, Holy. ????It says "You will be Holy because I am Holy." Why would God tell people to do these things knowing already that we would fail. I mean, there were no prophets then, so what needed to be fulfilled. Alot of people say that the things of Christ and past were in order that the scripture was fulfilled. Why was there the snake that decieved Eve? Didnt God already see thetears and pain that millions of people would have because of that FUCKING apple?

So why? Christians. Tell me. Humor me. Please. I invite all to try to explain the truth.

Some of this you say is exactly what lit the fire under my ass to find the truth. We can all sit here and debate til we're blue in the face yoyo, the reality is...and I know it sounds like a cliché but you can only come up with those answers yourself. One statement in the bible that motivates me still is 'Seek the truth', Others rely upon "have faith", I guess it's all relative as to what it is you want.

Some of this you say is exactly what lit the fire under my ass to find the truth. We can all sit here and debate til we're blue in the face yoyo, the reality is...and I know it sounds like a cliché but you can only come up with those answers yourself. One statement in the bible that motivates me still is 'Seek the truth', Others rely upon "have faith", I guess it's all relative as to what it is you want.

Yeah, youre right. I know, I guess Im just curious to see if anyone can tell me something from their "christian bubble" that I dont already know.

Sounds like a deconversion in the making.

Yoyo, I had many questions that I wrestled with not too long ago. Some were similar to yours. I'm really not sure what to advise, other than to never stop searching. I know it's tough. Never be afraid to inquire about things. You'll figure it out eventually- regardless of what conclusions you may come to.

You mention all those "problems" in your opening post...

And the answer to all of it is so simple and sitting right in front of you.

Don't hate us for telling it like it is. Especially since most of your frustration came from people telling how it isn't.

I feel for you, guy. I really do. You are right where most of us were at some point. And we all walked alone through that single door. (so to speak) :shrug:

I'm sorry you're having a rough time YoYo. I really do sympathise with what your feeling, it looks like a rant I made to myself a very long time ago. I think most of the people here can relate the same way.

The only advice I can offer you is to try reading and learning about other relgions and reading the articles around here about struggling with personal faith and see if one of those makes more sense to you.

Personally, I think it's human perspective, not Godly perspective, that's made our lives so much harder than it's ever needed to be. Your life is absolutely malable, you do whatever you want with it. Go make it into something you want. Maybe focusing on something new and different regarding your faith and a perspective shift will help. It can't hurt. You'll either find something better for you or feel more content with what you've got. Just don't let anyone ELSE tell you that what to think or do unless you agree with it, ok? Good luck.

Damn YoYo! You have changed quite a lot! I'm really impressed, you're thinking and trying to understand, and not just buy into every default-ready-wrapped-answers. You want the real answers. Kudos YoYo, and I hope you'll find the answers you need.

Why do you say your life is ruined?

And to answer your other questions honestly, "the god concept blows chunks".... The imaginary sky daddy has never spoken to you, lets innocent people die, and has apparently murdered plenty of folk he "HATED". Why waste your time with someone like that. Sounds a lot like the nut in the whitehouse to me actually. :scratch: Though more importantly don't waste your time being bent out of shape because the world isn't perfect (or is there something personal thats bothering you?)

I hope you eventually find that which will make you the most content. :thanks:

So why? Christians. Tell me. Humor me. Please. I invite all to try to explain the truth.

Why are you looking for advice from Christians on ex-Christian.net?

Tell you what, you can call up my neurotic dysfunctional Christian family, and they'll bitch and whine and nag the truth into you. How would that be.

A kid in my philosophy of religion class (and some of the philosophers we read) said that God allows evil and created humans to know what evil is so that we can recognize and appreciate truth. I don't buy it, but lots of people do. It solves a lot of nagging philosophical issues, but then I wonder about the suffering of animals and why the world has to be THIS evil.

A kid in my philosophy of religion class (and some of the philosophers we read) said that God allows evil and created humans to know what evil is so that we can recognize and appreciate truth. I don't buy it, but lots of people do. It solves a lot of nagging philosophical issues, but then I wonder about the suffering of animals and why the world has to be THIS evil.

yes and what the fuck does that mean? He invents evil so we will know the truth. More mind twisting to justify fucking nonsense

Damn YoYo! You have changed quite a lot! I'm really impressed, you're thinking and trying to understand, and not just buy into every default-ready-wrapped-answers. You want the real answers. Kudos YoYo, and I hope you'll find the answers you need.
I'm glad that you looked at this this way, Han. Now that I think about it, looking back, I so clearly remember the anger/rage stage right before getting to the point where the real answers really began to present themselves.

I got to a point where I was actually sick about it and didn't even want get out of bed for days. Then it hit me. It finally hit me.

Well, you know the feelin'. :scratch:

Have a beer. *hug*

Naw, I aint ok. Im fucking pissed off at the world. I need more than a beer. I hate this world and wished that I wasnt in it anymore. Honestly. It sucks ass. I mean why the fuck would God let this shit happen. I believe that He is real, just dont understand why all this shit in the middle. I know that we are special(humans), set apart from really any other living thing in this world. So, with the knowing that I can reason and think and create, imagine, learn more rapidly than anyother creature; we are special.

So thats were I am at. I know that we didnt come from some fucking substance evolved over time, or else we wouldnt have the abilities we have. The human anatomy is one of the most extensive designs in the world. I know we were created, personally, but FUCKING WHY!!!!!!!

To constantly fuck shit up and have this torn concept of spiritual and natural worlds juggling into reality. Its the most fucked up thing I have ever been through. Ok, so God made us and shit. Why would God have made us to be without us. Does that make sense. Are we just some kind of fucking toys that he came up with because He was bored.

I understand the whole Abraham, and his seed and Israel and Moses, and David and the Babylonian Capture of the Jews. The prophets that were mostly murdered or killed purposely, that warned of all this shit that would happenm to them. I understand how all this goes back to creation and God speaking and choosing people to lead His ordained. Then I even understand why Jesus came and why He was so important to the Jews, even though they killed Him.

What I dont understand is Why we were ever even created? I mean God is according to the OT, Holy. ????It says "You will be Holy because I am Holy." Why would God tell people to do these things knowing already that we would fail. I mean, there were no prophets then, so what needed to be fulfilled. Alot of people say that the things of Christ and past were in order that the scripture was fulfilled. Why was there the snake that decieved Eve? Didnt God already see thetears and pain that millions of people would have because of that FUCKING apple?

Huh? I don't understand.

What truth?

No one has the guidebook on how to live YoYo's life, but if there could be such a book, it could only be written by YoYo. You are just blaming another aspect of your personality for failing in a task that someone else assigned. Take responsibility.

You can never find purpose if you hide it from yourself.

Heya Yoyo. Im a recent deconvert man. If u feel the need to talk, jst ask oright. Not long ago i was in the rage and depressed (maybe a to strong word), state about christianity.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

To me this is christianity. The fear of hell paralysis ability to reason. In this case the fear is of gods judgement. I say to you. Do not give into a fear you may have. In my stages of deconversion I struggled with letting go of christianity because of my fear. I feared to research and to listen to different ideas and information. I feared 'thinking'. I had reasoning but fear shaped my responses to the reasoning. I blocked out my thoughts and replaced it with un-reasonable thoughts, such as ignore the injustice of it all and accept it and have faith. There for ya man.

"There is no greater hell than to be a prisoner of fear."

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
That's the best verse in the entire bible, ain't it? :mellow:

lol. Nar the bible would go along the lines of. Fear me i am god and ill damn near most of you, excpet my 'elect'

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
That's the best verse in the entire bible, ain't it? :mellow:
lol. Nar the bible would go along the lines of. Fear me i am god and ill damn near most of you, excpet my 'elect'
Just checkin'. :Hmm:

Not sure what ur thinkin. But im not a christian in case ur wondering...Im jst not changing my details lol.

To constantly fuck shit up and have this torn concept of spiritual and natural worlds juggling into reality. Its the most fucked up thing I have ever been through. Ok, so God made us and shit. Why would God have made us to be without us. Does that make sense. Are we just some kind of fucking toys that he came up with because He was bored. .....

Hello YoYo...

I'm sorry you're in such a state. And even though I'm Christian, I'm not going to tell you the answers to your anxt lie solely in Christianity - they don't.

You're statement about "torn concept of spiritual and natural worlds juggling into reality" really strikes me. One of the things I've learned since participating on this board how much literalist Christianity separates "spiritual" and "natural". I can see where this would lead to much pain.

One of the healthiest things I've absorbed in my studies of world religions is the idea that "spiritual" and "natural" are NOT separate. All major world traditions look at ultimate reality as ONE or ONEness. It is only when humans enter into the realm of religious dogma and theology that things get all fucked up.

So... my only suggestion would be to really look at whatever dogma you've been taught and question it until you have the answers you need. And you seem to be doing this already. It may be painful, YoYo, but the questioning will get you where you need to go. And there will come a time when you do not feel such anxt.

I feeling your pain, because I've been there. I've shaken my fist in god's face and dared him to strike me dead just to prove he was there.

Your problem is bolded above. God doesn't do this stuff to you or let it happen to you, because plain and simple God isn't. God can't help you and God can't fuck you. That reality is slapping you right in the kisser and you ain't getting it. :twitch: It don't matter how much you whine and squrim. There is no God that is going to pull a Job for you and return you to bliss after enough pus runs out of your sores.

It's time to go to the doctor and get your sores scrubbed out and let em hurt. It is you, your friends, and the pain, and that is all there ever was and all there ever will be -- a world with lots of ends that bite. Amen.

I hate this world and wished that I wasnt in it anymore. Honestly. It sucks ass.

It's really not that bad, if you know where to look. And it sure beats not being in it.

I mean why the fuck would God let this shit happen.

There is a simple answer for all your questions...there is no God. That's it. Really.

I know that we are special(humans), set apart from really any other living thing in this world. So, with the knowing that I can reason and think and create, imagine, learn more rapidly than anyother creature; we are special.

Somebody's got to be the best. That's us. Although our DNA isn't far removed from some relatives, but small differences can create leaps in capacity.

So thats were I am at. I know that we didnt come from some fucking substance evolved over time, or else we wouldnt have the abilities we have.

The evidence is positively overwhelming that in fact we did, as did all other living things. Grab a pot of coffee and click over to the evolution faq at www.talkorigins.org if you want to be edumacated.

The human anatomy is one of the most extensive designs in the world. I know we were created, personally, but FUCKING WHY!!!!!!!

Designed? Please. I just had my remaining wisdom teeth out yesterday. Some clever design that. Not. Don't even get me started on what could be designed better. For an amusing take on that point, try http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/watchmaker.htm.

To constantly fuck shit up and have this torn concept of spiritual and natural worlds juggling into reality. Its the most fucked up thing I have ever been through.

Really, you will be so much happier just to chuck it all in garbage where it belongs. It will never make any sense, because it's a bunch of nonsensical crap. Simple as that.

Ok, so God made us and shit. Why would God have made us to be without us.

Same old flawed assumption. There is no God. End of story. Beautiful in its simplicity. Don't feel bad that you were fooled, happens to millions of people, unfortunately.

I just did. It's far simpler than you ever dared imagine. The trick is to stop looking for a way to boil reality down to black-and-white answers, and get on with your life. On that point, I leave you with a quote from one of the greatest physicists of all time, Richard Feynman:

"I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of uncertainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I don't know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here."

"I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."

Please stop breaking your head over this stuff, it's an absolute waste of time, and get on with enjoying life. Good luck!

Hey 'PureOne' I think he needs some theological/biblical answers. I dont think hes at the stage of rejecting the concept of god. He has just begun to start questioning his central belief in jesus. So he should maybe focus on that part of his belief right now. I say keep questioning and thorugh that you will find that the god of the bible is evil. It all comes down to. He is all knowing and all powerful but chose to let all theses things happen that is spoken of in the bible. He has a duty of care having that much power and in the bible (particularily in the old testement and the concept of hell), that he is quite obviously 'bad' (an asshole). No apologist or christian can refute that claim. They will try to bring up the whole free will thing but that concept is really really outdated. God knew if we had free-will, we would rebel. Dude just think about your biblical beliefs and question it and really think about it. Dont give in to biast apologists. Think for urself man and use your conciounce.

Isiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.