Goodbye Jesus

1 + 1 = 3 (never)

Greydon Square

1 + 1 Will never equal 3

I just spent the entire day(a sunday i might add) arguing with my ex-girlfriend and my brothers current girlfriend about thier so-called God of the impossible. This fight went the entire 12 rounds ranging all over the ring from Free will, to the self contradiction of God's omnipotence, and even to the concept of God creating everything, and i have one simple question...WAS I REALLY LIKE THAT?

I mean heres the thing, these 2 women who dont know each other from adam. (or eve...joke) yet believe so blindly without reason that this self contridicting God exists and has played such a huge part in thier lives. its sickening to think that i used to be that way.

Heres my problem.

Due to the mathmatical constant (otherwise known is mathmatical law) 1 + 1 will never equal 3, 11, 23, 15 or any other number besides 2. yes 2. Not even an all powerful God can change this because 1+1=2. If this is true, then why on God's green earth(you can pick which god) is it so hard to reason with these people. I dont ever remember being so stubborn and blind to the obvious truth that if god is not all powerful than he is not worthy of the title god. period.

Let me reiterate, IF GOD IS NOT ALL POWERFUL THAN HE IS NOT WORTHY OF THE TITLE "GOD"

Im under the firm belief now that the only reason religion actually exists is because man is afraid of death.

If you want to hear something even crazier, i actually heard from one of these women's mouth that the reason that there is so much disease and poverty in Africa, is because they were not exposed to the christian god.....ARE YOU F**KIN Crazy!!!!!!!! (and this woman was my girl)

Id like to think as a 24 year old black man, that im am exceptionally lucky. this is due to the fact that black people are so blindly soaked in xtianity that its impossible to reason with them or even carry on a conversation of any type of value. Here's my stance (and all you black people listen up)

We as african americans have only been exposed to xtianity for the last 550 years HOWEVER xtianity is about 1800 years old. hmmm. Had our ancestors NOT been apart of the slave trade (Endored by the catholic church i may add) We might have NEVER known or heard the word christian. So how is it that we can be the most blinded christians of them all?

Every time i have one of these debates and i have them often, the converting xtian is always undoubtedly backed into the "Faith" corner. If we were to eliminate the word faith from the argument, christianity wouldnt have a leg to stand on. I mean if i dont know something, i simply do not know it. i dont try to rationalize by saying that its God's plan or that i just need to have faith. Of course the retort is, "You just dont have a relationship with god, and your not opening your heart to him thats why you dont understand."

Your right i dont blindy understand nor accept something that i know to be logically impossible. God is not all-powerful. However the Ideology of God is. The idea of an all powerful all knowing being that will punish you if you use your free will that he's given you to seek out knowledge that would expose his illusion has controlled the masses for centuries.

It wasnt athiests who signed off on the crusades.

It wasnt athiests who backed the slave trade.

And it wasnt athiests who crucified christ. (if there ever was a christ)

And yet we still have a society who believes that This god, the god of the impossbile, The god who's very nature is impossible is possible.

This god in the bible, YHWH, jehova, allah whatever ever you want to call him, is dipicted in that laughing stock contridiction of a bible, as a six year-old child with a gun and a temper.

This God could not be responsible for existence.

And there is no way that he could possess the ability to make 1+1 equal 3. Afterall 1+1 equals 2

Post Script

And i dont want to hear about the tale of Jesus making a loaf of bread feed 5000, that is not a mathmatical constant and has nothing to do with anything.

Greydon Square

Grand Unified Theory

(This is no way dipicts the stance of Grand Unified Theory, its just the organization that i am apart of)

www.myspace.com/greydonsquare

its frustrating talking to xians, but you gotta understand their pov. this is their security blanket, we were like that once too. maybe one day their eyes will be opened, but for now try to be patient or try to not hang out with them as much. i can't stand talking about theology with xians anymore. i just can't take it.

I feel the same way about the black people thing. :ugh:

Every time that I see black preacher on television goin' at it, I just shake my head in disappointment and my "inner voice" is says, "You've gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me.". :vent:

If they say again that disease is rife in Africa because "God isn't with them" or some such, then ask them why there is little disease over in the Far eastern countries where christianity is little more than a cult or non-existant.

[sarcasm]I know, I hate black people too... :scratch:[/sarcasm]

[edited to add sarcasm tags -Z]

I know, I hate black people too... :scratch:
That's because you're stupid. :mellow:

you might have wanted to actually read my post... I AM BLACK so why would you say something like that. Wow this is an enlightened person....ok i guess it looks good on paper :Doh:

Guest Powerup

Religion ( return to bondage, bond-age) it always has us thinking in 3's to make us think we have free (3) dome.

It turns one to three = 1,2,3.

From this we never know why we are here for (4),

and we only know we alive (5)

Gets us hooked on sex (6)

Makes us think we go to heaven (7)

Divides us by the power of hate (8)

all the time covering up the fact that we are divine (9).

Which keeps us in the pen by the power of pen (ten).

The pen is mightier than the sword, s+ word.

It takes two to make three and the 3 are all one but to stop us from knowing this is as easy as one to three 1,2,3.

you might have wanted to actually read my post... I AM BLACK so why would you say something like that. Wow this is an enlightened person....ok i guess it looks good on paper :Doh:

He's just being a retard. It's part of his charm.

(*hopes no one reading this is retarded*)

Greydon-

I think this is a misunderstanding. Fweethawt was agreeing with you, and Asimov was being sarcastic. Neither intended to be racist.

-Z

Heres my problem.

Due to the mathmatical constant (otherwise known is mathmatical law) 1 + 1 will never equal 3, 11, 23, 15 or any other number besides 2. yes 2. Not even an all powerful God can change this because 1+1=2.

Well if I take one piece of clay and smoosh it togethter with another piece of clay then in the end I still have one piece of clay!!!!! So in other words I made 1+1=1 !!!!!!! Yea I beat God!!!! :lmao:

Ignore the stuff about the mass of one clay and the mass of the other clay adding together or else my little proof is wrong.

I loved your clear-minded and thoughtful rant Greydon. Hope to see more of you around here.

Religion ( return to bondage, bond-age) it always has us thinking in 3's to make us think we have free (3) dome.

It turns one to three = 1,2,3.

From this we never know why we are here for (4),

and we only know we alive (5)

Gets us hooked on sex (6)

Makes us think we go to heaven (7)

Divides us by the power of hate (8)

all the time covering up the fact that we are divine (9).

Which keeps us in the pen by the power of pen (ten).

The pen is mightier than the sword, s+ word.

It takes two to make three and the 3 are all one but to stop us from knowing this is as easy as one to three 1,2,3.

:twitch:

You really ought to seek treatment for your Aphasia.

1 male + 1 female (wait nine months)= 3 humans.

But that's biology, not math.

That's because you're stupid. :mellow:

Go suck on urine soaked toilet paper. :lmao:

Sorry, Greydon, I guess I should have clarified my sarcasm.

He's just being a retard. It's part of his charm.

(*hopes no one reading this is retarded*)

Bitch!

1 male + 1 female (wait nine months)= 3 humans.

But that's biology, not math.

Wow...we are reaching arent we

Bitch!

Sorry, I didn't think you'd understand my post. :shrug:

Bitch!

I don't.

Bitch!

I don't.

Retard.

1 piece of pie

and

1 piece of pie

slice one piece into two.

you now have 3 pieces of pie.

(Slicing a piece into two is also called "selective reading" when it comes to reading the Bible literally or figuratively)

What a wonderful post Greydon...

I can so relate to this coming from an African American, Evangelical Christian, background.

I often wonder is there a cultural difference between ethnic groups when it comes to the level of faith in Christ Insanity(my nick name for Christianity)? Because, honestly, I think that black people are at the top when it comes to being the most RELIGIOUS.

I know people who sell drugs, hang out in night clubs; AND indulge in promiscous sex, that still call themselves "christian." It is so amazing to me, and at one point--like you--I wondered "was I ever like that?!"

Well I was(Not the promiscuity, selling dope, and going to night clubs stuff...I mean I was a good little programmed fundie)...

And common sense should tell you that we, of all the cultures, should be the quickest to reject the Judeo Christian model for the simple fact that it was used to keep us enslaved, and pushed the margins of society, for over 500 years. This is the very religion that taught us that we were inferior and were born to be 3rd class citizens.

Yet, this religion has become completely intrinsic to the culture.

I am so glad that I left Christianity behind. Grant it, as a young gay African American I had to--for my own well being--and the rewards are far greater than the socalled "penalities" of turning my back on babble gawd.

I deal with people like the ones you have debated all the time. I usually just hold my tongue, because I don't feel like being told how I need to be prayed over(a backhanded gesture of "christian love"). But it sickens me how they judge other people and other cultures simply because they do not fall into step with ours.

I wouldn't wish Tsunamis and AIDS on my worst enemies, yet Christians get a perverse glee out of it.

What a wonderful post and I hope more black people read it. Grant it, I am not an athiest(right now I don't really know "who" god is to me right now), but being able to keep an open mind about this issue has been very beneficial to me and my growth.

Excellent post, Greydon. This is exactly the same thing I wondered when I left.

The christian version of god isn't omnipotent or unconditionally loving. That really can't be disputed, but they keep trying anyway.

You actually had a theological debate with black people? You must not have learned the futility of doing so. Then again, I am itching to tell my people what I think of religion, I just wait for the moment they come up with it.

Greydon-

I think this is a misunderstanding. Fweethawt was agreeing with you, and Asimov was being sarcastic. Neither intended to be racist.

-Z

What Zach said is true, Greydon. If you read my entire post, that little line that Stupey Stupidton swiped from it makes a lot more sense and is in agreement with your post.