Goodbye Jesus

Hypocritical Standouts

Guest SerenityNow

Guest SerenityNow

I'm just curious if any non-Christians, after starting the path to freedom have noticed how hypocritical Christianity appears towards other religions. I mean clearly the bible God had no problem offing young children, allowing rape of young girls, and ripping open the bellies of pregnant women. However, when Islam Extremists do the same thing to people that the Israelites were commanded to do, only now we're in the 21st century, Christians look at them with disgust.

I am not defending what the Islam murderers are doing, it just is VERY irritating to hear a Christian condemn them for the EXACT same thing that was encouraged in the Bible. Fundamentalists scream that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The Bible God knows no difference in centuries, etc. so that being the case, what is the difference? King David AXED war prisoners and tortured them, would any Christians here be disgusted at this if it happened nowadays? Because it is.

We listen to several conservative radio talk show hosts and it aggrevates the pee out of me when they bring up Islam and then speak of Christianity, does this irritate anyone else? Read the waaaaaay of prophecies in Ezekiel, Zechariah, Isaiah etc. that have now been recycled throughout the centures, I suppose the evil-doers in this case are deserving, uh?

You know what they will say. That's the Old Testament, times were different then, ect ect

thankful,

Oh Yes! I'm getting more and more exasperated ever day for how christians behave and talk. And I think some of my anger comes from that I know I did the very same things. So some of the anger is against my own stupidity and gullability and not searching the truth long time ago. So many years in denial and darkness, and didn't know it.

What upsets me most today, is that so many right-wing christians try to eradicate the constitution, with stupid statements against homosexuality, other religions, other political views or especially freethinkers. The freedom of speech and religion is under duress in this country, and there's no great outcry to stop the movement.

People in general seems to just let it happen.

Jesus was right about one thing, that there would come false prophets preaching another gospel. That's what is happening today to America's foundation. It's not freethinkers, conservatives or liberals that threaten our freedom, it's the religious groups agenda that is the threat.

I never saw this before, but it's getting more clear everyday. I don't think there is a big conspiracy or such, it's the way how the bible is taught that causes this. Xians are gettings rallied up by scare tactics from the preachers that want to gain power and riches. It's all so false and wrong.

So anyway, I'm so happy to have a place to go to and find people to talk to, like this site. Next step is to find some people around where I live to connect too. That's seems to be harder...

I try to remember that at this point of the Christian timeline, we were burning witches and having crazy schisms. Maybe that's just what the Muslims are doing.

Then I look at Buddhism, which has had none of that, and it falls apart. :Hmm:

Guest Berserk

Attention Thankful and Other Agnofundies and Atheundies:

Let's close down hospitals. I mean, they're unhealthy and dangerous places with lots of viruses floating around. Likewise, churches are oases for the spiritually sick. Your tactic resembles a Christian who refers the honest seeker to this site to see what sickos besmirch the label "atheist" or "agnostic." There are intellectually respectable scholars who bear both labels. But as my humiliation of Heimdall (co-founder of this site) demonstrates, no such luminaries are to be found on this site. Therefore, to convert the honest seeker to Christianity, I deem it a useful ploy to refer bright seekers to the intellectually unkempt yahoos here. The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect.

The essence of bigotry is offer a race pr religion's worst examplars as a stereotype of the whole. Christians acknowledge that, after Constantine, Christianity was often counterfeited and used as a tool of the state for evil purposes. That abuse is not the fault of Jesus and His apostles. It is different with Islam. Muslim extremists can legitimately claim Myhammad's example and teaching as a warrant for terror. The only hope for peace is the natural goodness of most Muslims that induces them to ignore the regrettably Koranically justifiable terror or these extremists.

Berserk

I'm just curious if any non-Christians, after starting the path to freedom have noticed how hypocritical Christianity appears towards other religions.

Totally. Not just other religions, but other people in general. You're supposed to love your neighbor, but do they? Not if their neighbor isn't a ultra-conservative, fundie, middle-class or upper-class, white, straight American. I just get so sick of the hypocrisy sometimes.

:ugh:

Let's close down hospitals.  I mean, they're unhealthy and dangerous places with lots of viruses floating around.  Likewise, churches are oases for the spiritually sick.  Your tactic resembles a Christian who refers the honest seeker to this site to see what sickos besmirch the label  "atheist" or "agnostic." There are intellectually respectable scholars who bear both labels.  But as my humiliation of Heimdall (co-founder of this site) demonstrates, no such luminaries are to be found on this site.  Therefore, to convert the honest seeker to Christianity, I deem it a useful ploy to refer bright seekers to the intellectually unkempt yahoos here.  The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect. 

The essence of bigotry is offer a race pr religion's worst examplars as a stereotype of the whole.  Christians acknowledge that, after Constantine, Christianity was often counterfeited and used as a tool of the state for evil purposes.  That abuse is not the fault of Jesus and His apostles.  It is different with Islam.  Muslim extremists can legitimately claim Myhammad's example and teaching as a warrant for terror.  The only hope for peace is the natural goodness of most Muslims that induces them to ignore the regrettably Koranically justifiable terror or these extremists.

Berserk

Huh? What has hospitals to do anything with this?

Is medicine somehow a hypocrisy?

Christians say they believe in freedom of choice and supporting life with whatever means necessary, and then go to war our of principles. That is different than a hospital with some germs in it. Germs do what they do, and are at least honest about it.

Sure it's stereotyping, which I would say you have been doing in most of your posts so far. "intellectually unkempt yahoos" is just one of the name callings you've done, and in this site there are members that are laywers, doctors, successful business men/whomen and much more. You are generalizing everyone on this site because your upset, like anyone else.

So welcome to the club!

I'm just curious if any non-Christians, after starting the path to freedom have noticed how hypocritical Christianity appears towards other religions... I suppose the evil-doers in this case are deserving, uh?

Well you see thankful, if you have the right god you can murder anybody you like as long as you said your God told you to do it. And of course, the correct God is the God of those who have the most powerful armies. Interesting how that works.

But as my humiliation of Heimdall (co-founder of this site) demonstrates, no such luminaries are to be found on this site.

Is it your christianity that compels you to "humilitate" people? If you think that's going to endear you to anyone......

Therefore, to convert the honest seeker to Christianity, I deem it a useful ploy to refer bright seekers to the intellectually unkempt yahoos here.

This is not a mission field.

The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect.

Your mistake is to think that this site is primarily a debate site. Its not. You also forget: We are ex-christians. We have been where you are and have found it wanting.

big snip

The only hope for peace is the natural goodness of most Muslims that induces them to ignore the regrettably Koranically justifiable terror or these extremists.

Maybe xtians can do the same and stop terrorizing people, especially children, with stories of "judgement days" and "lakes of fire".

But as my humiliation of Heimdall (co-founder of this site) demonstrates, no such luminaries are to be found on this site.

Its a shame humility isn't in your vocabulary, at least not when it applies to you.

Therefore, to convert the honest seeker to Christianity, I deem it a useful ploy to refer bright seekers to the intellectually unkempt yahoos here.  The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect.

Hey, I'll grant you, Harvard & friends sure taught you something. But apparently it wasn't sentence structure & spelling. Sure, I make errors too, but this is just sad, man.

As far as the insults, that's one thing you're doing a stellar job of earning without any help from God.

The essence of bigotry is offer a race pr religion's worst examplars as a stereotype of the whole.

Re-read the above sentence and then tell me why I'm laughing inside.

Christians acknowledge that, after Constantine, Christianity was often counterfeited and used as a tool of the state for evil purposes.  That abuse is not the fault of Jesus and His apostles.

Right, but what Christians fail to acknowledge is that their whole book is a remanifestation of mythologies (primarily Egyptian, Mythraic, & Indian). And included within these mythologies are different embodiments of the apostles, and yes, Jesus & all his deeds.

Go back to the backwaters of the Bible belt & sell your snake oil there. We "unkempt yahoos" have too much "vapid intellect" to be swayed by your supersized ego.

It looks like the good Doctor Bezerk got her doctorate in insults, since s/he doesn't say much of anything else.

The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect.

As opposed to the barfing spells they suffer when reading your stuff?

I think this illustrates the general reaction to your asinine discharges... :repuke:

Therefore, to convert the honest seeker to Christianity, I deem it a useful ploy to refer bright seekers to the intellectually unkempt yahoos here.  The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect.

Oh, we do the same. We just point people to 123 christian forums or Tribulation Forces. Or check out: http://users.rcn.com/rostmd/winace/fundies/

Does anyone know if exorcism has ever been performed with cyber methods? If, say, just for speculation's sake, we here at Ex-C had a... say, a... uh... demon we wished to cast out...

Does anyone know if exorcism has ever been performed with cyber methods? If, say, just for speculation's sake, we here at Ex-C had a... say, a... uh... demon we wished to cast out...

Pitchu,

The new forum has an 'ignore user' option. All you have to do is click on someone's user-name in order to go to their profile, then click where it says, "ignore (this) user". From that point on, that person's posts won't even appear on your screen.

... just in case you wanted to know. :shrug:

Let's close down hospitals.  I mean, they're unhealthy and dangerous places with lots of viruses floating around.  Likewise, churches are oases for the spiritually sick.  Your tactic resembles a Christian who refers the honest seeker to this site to see what sickos besmirch the label  "atheist" or "agnostic." There are intellectually respectable scholars who bear both labels.  But as my humiliation of Heimdall (co-founder of this site) demonstrates, no such luminaries are to be found on this site.  Therefore, to convert the honest seeker to Christianity, I deem it a useful ploy to refer bright seekers to the intellectually unkempt yahoos here.  The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect. 

The essence of bigotry is offer a race pr religion's worst examplars as a stereotype of the whole.  Christians acknowledge that, after Constantine, Christianity was often counterfeited and used as a tool of the state for evil purposes.  That abuse is not the fault of Jesus and His apostles.  It is different with Islam.  Muslim extremists can legitimately claim Myhammad's example and teaching as a warrant for terror.  The only hope for peace is the natural goodness of most Muslims that induces them to ignore the regrettably Koranically justifiable terror or these extremists.

Berserk

Genius. Unfortunately, Jesus himself had no problem with slavery. Does that mean the entire bloody history of American slavery (and indeed, worldwide slavery as practiced by Christians extremists over the centuries) isn't his fault, even though the Bible has him saying it's perfectly fine? Bigotry is alive and well in the Church, just as it is everywhere else, including the Muslim religion. You want illumination, go get a working light bulb; yours has obviously broken.

And how amazingly ironic is it that you can claim Muslim extremisim stems from Muhammed's example, when Muhammed used the very same people of the Christian Bible for his own justifications? Remember, they're descended from Ibrahim. Aren't you as well?

This from the guy who apparently lacks the testicular verility to answer my very basic questions.

So in other words, you're such a pussy that you guide would-be converts to sites that you think are least likely to provide scholarly responses. So you picked out Ex-Christian.net, a site that is clearly structured to be a community for former Christians to meet and talk about their experiences growing up in religious environments.

Why would you expect scholars equal of your pedegree to be of abundance here? Seriously, if we're just a bunch of morons, then why are you here? Why don't you go somewhere on the internet where someone has actually set up a forum with the intent of engaging theists?

Tell you what, since you're such an asshole, I know the perfect guy for you. Why don't you go head-to-head with someone who is arguably every bit as much of an intellectual and as much of an asshole as yourself?

I challenge you to go here: http://www.graveyardofthegods.com/forum

If you want to match intellect, then try going somewhere where there are actually intellectual giants! You'll find all the intellectual stimulation you need right there at Graveyard of the Gods. Find Franc Tremblay.

Prove to me that you're not a coward.

Let's close down hospitals.  I mean, they're unhealthy and dangerous places with lots of viruses floating around.  Likewise, churches are oases for the spiritually sick. 

Valid point Mr Berserk, but I wonder now...if you had been born in Iran, or India, or Tibet, maybe you would've bent your mighty intellect to the furtherance of Islam, or Sikhism, or Buddhism (actually not Buddhism - I don't believe you possess the requisite humility :) ). Fortunately for the West, a benevolent God has sent us you, his loafered warrior, to dispense rhetoric in the lofty, arrogant way that Jesus of Harvard intended.

Veritas pro Christo et ecclesia

I'm just curious if any non-Christians, after starting the path to freedom have noticed how hypocritical Christianity appears towards other religions. 

:) I didn't wait that long to open my eyes. I saw that before I ever left Christianity.

However, religious groups are not the only ones to blame. I see hypocrisy everywhere I look and I have been guilty of it myself. It bothers me immensely. I hate deceitfulness, whatever form it takes.

Welcome, thankful. Good to have you here.

Sorry you got hit by a spammer. Don't worry about that clod, though. He has yet to commit one keystroke to justifying his theology.

Since I didn't say it before, welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around. Everyone's pretty cool here. Lots of fun to be had here.

Pitchu,

The new forum has an 'ignore user' option. All you have to do is click on someone's user-name in order to go to their profile, then click where it says, "ignore (this) user". From that point on, that person's posts won't even appear on your screen.

... just in case you wanted to know.  :shrug:

Very helpful, Fwee.

But then, do I also miss the post where the demon goes, "Aaaaiiigh, I'm melting... I'm melting....!"?

Guest seeker1544
Genius.  Unfortunately, Jesus himself had no problem with slavery. Does that mean the entire bloody history of American slavery (and indeed, worldwide slavery as practiced by Christians extremists over the centuries) isn't his fault, even though the Bible has him saying it's perfectly fine?

Actually, the Bible does allow for a type of indentured servitude, but the slave trade itself is forbidden.

"And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death." Exodus 21:16, KJV

I thought you all might find that verse interesting. It shows another side of the story that most people, including a large number of people who call themselves Christians, have ignored.

Have a great day everyone! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Actually, the Bible does allow for a type of indentured servitude, but the slave trade itself is forbidden.

"And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death." Exodus 21:16, KJV

I thought you all might find that verse interesting. It shows another side of the story that most people, including a large number of people who call themselves Christians, have ignored.

Have a great day everyone!  :woohoo:   :woohoo:   :woohoo:

I'm having a great day, thank you very much!

I would interpret that as meaning it's forbidden to STEAL a slave, whether you still had him "in hand" or had already sold him. I would NOT read that as a restriction on the trading/buying/selling of slaves-- only of stolen ones...

I'm having a great day, thank you very much!

I would interpret that as meaning it's forbidden to STEAL a slave, whether you still had him "in hand" or had already sold him.  I would NOT read that as a restriction on the trading/buying/selling of slaves-- only of stolen ones...

I think it can be interpreted both ways, it's not totally clear.

Besides, most of the laws were about how to handle jew to jew, and not how to treat people from other cultures.

I kind of remember some laws about how to deal with taking foreigners to slavery, but I'm not sure.

Otherwise Moses, Joshua, David and Salomon were commanded by God to go to war and kill people or take them as slaves. So even there is no law for either viewpoint, God made a clear statement in actions that he's OK with slavery, as long it is not jews. i.e. it's should be ok to put christians to slavery under the jews, that's the bible.

The Bible generally doesn't take a strong view against slavery, but it talk about how slaves should behave. Like, be obidient and follow your master, don't complain about what you have, just accept it you dummy. (Dummy, referring to the slave in this context, and not a christian)