Goodbye Jesus

Mysteries You Just Can't Explain

Knightley

like why Asimov always writes in block letters.

:HaHa:

okay seriously, ufos....

why you write in bold or ufos? Don't be a chick Asimov, I can't read your mind! ;)

your location is next to your Avatar, lol. god i'm a nerd! ;)

like why Asimov always writes in block letters.

:HaHa:

okay seriously, ufos....

Its like the parallel between god and santa,,,,nice fantasies,,,but just that,,,,fantasies.A lifetime of fuckin prayers (talking to myself)just gets me a lousy marriage a grief! ,,,,,,,,ohhhhhhhh thats god's test for me!!!!!!!!!!

UFO's, eh?

People see weird crap. They've always seen weird crap.

It's nothing new, really. Back in the day, people claimed to be abducted by elves. Not the nice, cuddly Keebler-type elves, though, but mighty supernatural beings. Which is really no less plausible than creatures from other stars traveling millions of miles to give us messages of peace and cosmic harmony.

why i always get an odd number of socks back after i wash them ?!?!?!

but i think it was explained in family guy...

I actually believe in ufos, because there's evidence for it. Especially in Phoenix, AZ. We had something here called The Phoenix Lights. I just don't believe in alien abductions.

why i always get an odd number of socks back after i wash them ?!?!?!

but i think it was explained in family guy...

funny. :HaHa:

I always wanted to know why my hair is great for 1 day after I get it done at the stylist, but then never looks that great again even when I try the same technique at home. :Hmm:

I actually believe in ufos, because there's evidence for it. Especially in Phoenix, AZ. We had something here called The Phoenix Lights. I just don't believe in alien abductions.

Oh, really? They've happened for hundreds of years. Though there are differences in the kinds of experiences, and thus the way they've been reported, the experience of being taken somewhere else by weird beings is something reported in many cultures. Whether or not there's anything uncanny going on, there's gotta be some cause, and I don't know that we have our finger on it yet.

I always wanted to know why my hair is great for 1 day after I get it done at the stylist, but then never looks that great again even when I try the same technique at home. :Hmm:

that reminds me of my left over food. good when i first buy it... not so good when i reheat it a day later..... REALLY not so good a couple of days later.

I can't explain....

Why the Fweester and I, are always here?

:lmao:

we need lives, quickly! ;)

[qipte\Maybe the "elves" were really aliens...ya think?

Or maybe the aliens are really elves. :HaHa:

Or maybe the aliens are really elves.

:lmao:

Why is it that people only ever lose expensive sunglasses? Every expensive pair I have gotten or have seen other people get always end up lost while the cheap ones are around for years.

Oh, really? They've happened for hundreds of years. Though there are differences in the kinds of experiences, and thus the way they've been reported, the experience of being taken somewhere else by weird beings is something reported in many cultures. Whether or not there's anything uncanny going on, there's gotta be some cause, and I don't know that we have our finger on it yet.

Carl Sagan dealt with this extensively in his "...Demon Haunted World" book

How come animals can eat raw meat without getting sick, but humans can't? Have we just gotten so used to cooked food that we've de-evolved our defenses against bacteria?

Why do people think Renee Zellweger and Jennifer Aniston are good looking? One looks like she's perpetually sucking a lemon, the other has a chin the size of Texas. Also George Clooney. His self-righteous brat grin is enough to turn me off.

Why do some people seem perfectly content to drive their lives into the gutter? Why are some peope perfectly content to bear children they can't adequately raise and ruin their lives as well as their own?

why do i need ID to get an ID?

How the fuck does Asimov have over 3600 posts. Shit I have been working pretty hard the last few months and haven't even broken 100 yet. Do you just spend hours typing one or two word posts to get your numbers up?

We just post a lot and everywhere. ;) Sometimes all day. :lmao:

Knightly mentioned seeing weird UFO's in Phoenix. Funny thing about Phoenix, (and every other major desert city) is that there happens to be a.....AIR FORCE BASE...nearby. In fact, the Air Force loves sticking bases out in the American southwest...the clear skys make for good training runs, and the dry climate causes less mechanical wear.

Gee, lets see. Large percentage of Air Force bases. Possibly with experimental aircraft. They probably dont want the public to get a good view of these craft...so they fly them at night. So if you put 2 and 2 together....

it could only mean...ALIENS LIKE DESERTS!!!

Carl Sagan was actually a bit of a romantic idealist about things...open to possibilities.

Read: "Cosmos"

again? :)

This is kind of off topic, but I see Sagan's "Demon-haunted world" used like some skeptical bible almost, and I think when one only looks at that one side of him, they miss a lot about a remarkable man.

I was just referring to the part where he noted that there was a correlation between the progress of technology and the reports of alien abductions. He was referring to alien abductions as a modern-day equivalent of yesterday's demonic possessions and ghost sightings.

Things I can't explain

-Ghost (identical expierences)

-why I can tell when someone is looking right at me and I'm not looking at them

-how a psychic can find the dead body of a murder victim

Two mysteries:

1st, why do people drive in 95 MPH in the right lane on the freeway, but when the same driver move over to the left lane, they slow down to 60 MPH?

2nd, everytime I park my car in a big, open space, parking lot, a big-ass-jacked-up-extra-wide truck always park next to me. Even when there's 10 or more open spaces to the left and right???

Two mysteries:

1st, why do people drive in 95 MPH in the right lane on the freeway, but when the same driver move over to the left lane, they slow down to 60 MPH?

2nd, everytime I park my car in a big, open space, parking lot, a big-ass-jacked-up-extra-wide truck always park next to me. Even when there's 10 or more open spaces to the left and right???

There's one simple answer to both those mysteries.

Namely, that God hates you. :HaHa:

Carl Sagan was actually a bit of a romantic idealist about things...open to possibilities.

Read: "Cosmos"

This is kind of off topic, but I see Sagan's "Demon-haunted world" used like some skeptical bible almost, and I think when one only looks at that one side of him, they miss a lot about a remarkable man.

Aye, this is precisely why I love Sagan's writings so much. He put words to my thoughts. Tales of "supernatural" phenomena fascinated him, and he repeatedly stated in The Demon Haunted World that he would love for nothing more than to observe a real and proveable example of such. Until such a real and proveable specimen were discovered, however, he would remain skeptical, looking for any more likely natural answer, "so as not to cheat the experience should the real thing ever come along," I think he said (something like that, anyway. Never make the mistake of believing anything I post in quotes to be an actual, accurate quotation.)

I feel the exact same way. Ghost stories, tales of alien encounters, the legends of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, etc; they fascinate me, just like they did Sagan.

How the fuck does Asimov have over 3600 posts. Shit I have been working pretty hard the last few months and haven't even broken 100 yet. Do you just spend hours typing one or two word posts to get your numbers up?

So very much potential here... :HaHa: