Goodbye Jesus

Dragon's Drawings

DragonTheDruid

Quick sketch I did tonight:

11080936_652830544849176_768541415863424

And then from last Tuesday, I decided to play around with drawing expressions and this is one of them. This is of my book character Grayson Reed(also known as 74)

10647120_652832154849015_641596399097014

• Like 1

Thank you! I'm not sure either. I'm in an endless loop of wanting to do illustration(for any type of book really, graphic novels, book covers, kids books, etc), and thinking about tattoo artistry, and I've thought about animation before as well.

I'm only 18 so I have some time to figure things out still =)

You've got time to try your hand at all of them at your age, perhaps at the same time!  Don't place limits on your talents or your options!  :)

I still go back and forth between art school and whether I want to go to one or not. 

It's soooooooooooo muccchhhh moneeeyyyyy

I've heard some horror stories about art schools.  I'm skeptical about anything calling itself an "art institute."

I know how you feel. I usually find more cons than pros with art schools, and my interest in attending one shortly fades after that. And the thought of a couple tens of thousands in debt.

But if I wanted to get into animation, going to a school for that is supposedly a good route. 

Oh well. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing right now and try to figure things out later

Good luck!

More progress

11133831_655734511225446_329056739431335

• Like 2

1.5 hour drawing I did last night on the computer(using my digital art tablet and Paint Tool SAI)

In Fullmetal Alchemist, my favourite character's best friend gets killed, and it still gets me emotional after 5 years even haha. So far the reaction I've had from people who have seen this is a consistent 'why would you draw that?!' and I'm loving every second of their pain haha

Anyway, I've titled this: ''Raise a Glass, One Last Time''

raise_a_glass__one_last_time_by_fluffpuf

My style in drawing this is a lot more messy looking than my traditional art typically is, as I find that if I spend a really long time trying to clean up lines and get very smooth lineart and crisp colouring, the picture quickly becomes overworked and I start to dislike its lack of 'rawness'.

• Like 3

I love it!

based on the peacock design, i would be reasonably comfortable with you tatooing me (not a big fan of needles or pain).

As an artist who draws mainly with black pallpoint pen, i'd be interested to know what do you use to colour your drawings? if its not super time-consuming

i'd be interesting in adding it to my own works.

Thanks! I hear from my tattoo artist though that a tattoo gun is like a vibrating pencil with a mind of its own, so I wouldn't be comfortably tattooing on anything but grapefruit at this rate haha

and the traditional coloured drawings I've put up here are done in coloured pencil. I use primarily Prismacolours, but also use crayola, derwent coloursoft, Fable, and Faber Castel. I have quite a stash of coloured pencils! My process with a full traditional picture done in pencils is drawing the basic sketch in mechanical pencil, inking it(I have many ways of inking, but lately I just use sharpie fineliner pens), erasing pencil marks, and then colouring with the coloured pencil in layers.

And they ARE time consuming when you do it in layers like recommended haha. I also enjoy alcohol based markers, coloured inks, and watercolours to color.

This one I did with micron pens for inking, and Copic markers:

the_crimson_and_flame_alchemists_by_fluf

This one is watercolour, inked with a dip pen and india ink:

wilson_b__thomas_iii___watercolour_and_i

I'll also mix media, using a mix of ink, watercolours, and pencils. =) Copic markers and coloured pencils look really well together, too

((Edit because my grammar is very poor tonight haha))

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't posted anything here in forever OTL

I've been focusing a lot on practicing drawing in a Disney-esque style, so I've been doing a LOT of practice and experimentation. 

Still drawing Fullmetal Alchemist fanart because I'm shamelessly obsessed with it still. Also I've been crocheting a lot too =)

Anyway, I just finished this: 

11188474_672050686260495_335363881058633

• Like 2

My style in drawing this is a lot more messy looking than my traditional art typically is, as I find that if I spend a really long time trying to clean up lines and get very smooth lineart and crisp colouring, the picture quickly becomes overworked and I start to dislike its lack of 'rawness'.

I like it more when it's "raw". I'm not a big fan of perfection or too realistic. That picture is amazing!

I like it more when it's "raw". I'm not a big fan of perfection or too realistic. That picture is amazing!

I agree, I feel it has more depth and emotion to it when it's not super perfect and clean =) 

My 'headcanon' (made up) children of the above two characters of whom I just posted a picture of. 

Their names are Micah, Na'imah, and Maes, and Micah and Na'imah are the two with the white hair, twins, adopted, and the little one with the black hair is Maes, the biological child of Roy and Riza(not officially, again, I made these three kids up)

11221647_673686679430229_877931707104107

• Like 1

Beautiful work! Do you sell your pieces or do commission work. I LOVE the peacock.

Thank you so much! 

I'm pretty much always open for commissions, but I have yet to really sell any of my own pieces =) I just don't advertise commissions too often due to lack of places to advertise them, but I do a lot of fanart too, which is why I don't advertise toooo much. 

It's not a drawing, but here's a blanket I just finished making! My first time making a crochet blanket too! ='') It's a 3 colour never ending granny square

11203080_675263322605898_131235222919198

I finished my peacock!:

11025798_639086012890296_330300670461081

. Dragon, I would love to have a copy of this. Do you have a price I mind? Maybe we can message off the forum for details but I don't know how to do that yet! b

I sent you a PM, Becks =)

and the traditional coloured drawings I've put up here are done in coloured pencil. I use primarily Prismacolours, but also use crayola, derwent coloursoft, Fable, and Faber Castel. I have quite a stash of coloured pencils! My process with a full traditional picture done in pencils is drawing the basic sketch in mechanical pencil, inking it(I have many ways of inking, but lately I just use sharpie fineliner pens), erasing pencil marks, and then colouring with the coloured pencil in layers.

And they ARE time consuming when you do it in layers like recommended haha. I also enjoy alcohol based markers, coloured inks, and watercolours to color.

This one I did with micron pens for inking, and Copic markers:

This one is watercolour, inked with a dip pen and india ink:

I'll also mix media, using a mix of ink, watercolours, and pencils. =) Copic markers and coloured pencils look really well together, too

((Edit because my grammar is very poor tonight haha))

Thanks for the tips! I managed to crank out a fully colored figure about 3 hours, so its working pretty well for me. I don't really have access to such a range of materials unless i go to an art shop but using watercolor and pen is working pretty good so thankyou.

Really cool stuff! smile.png

Alright, so these last several days/week I have returned to work on my graphic novel, Spider's Circus, which I seriously started working on in October '14, though the idea and the characters I've had for several years now. Along with that, since I started work in October, I have the first ~120 page graphic novel outlined, 54 pages of it thumbnailed(tiny sketches showing the page layout), 34 of them penciled, and 3 of them inked. 

Today I FINALLY designed and completed a logo I think I'm satisfied with, and a few days ago I drew one of the major characters, Grayson Reed, and put the logo on his pic and it looks so official now <3
10421439_1656474491255294_90169088444468
11329663_684383841693846_1078969750_n.jp

• Like 1

11167796_1658967264339350_39518377158278

Work in progress inks of page 5 of Spider's Circus. Pictured here is my protagonist Wilson B. Thomas III and his black mamba named Akuma

• Like 1