Goodbye Jesus

I'm Scared, My Father Thinks There Will Be An Economic Collapse Soon

zeldarocks

So did the world end?  Why didn't anybody tell me?  I'm always the last one to find out.  You guys have know the world ended for hours and didn't send me an e-mail?

I thought I triggered the NOTpocalypse last night? Keep up man! Nothing's falling apart all around us! Don't you not see?!?

Prior to the invention of the stock market, there was a world with people in it.

• Like 1

So did the world end?  Why didn't anybody tell me?  I'm always the last one to find out.  You guys have know the world ended for hours and didn't send me an e-mail?

When the smoke clears it's you, me and Mel Gibson in his supercharged interceptor dispensing justice!

Someone claims a crash every week I think. Especially when one is due.

Markets are cyclical

Thing is national internal security apparatus has been big business for a couple decades or more.Even as an ex prepper I'd say the likelihood of order NOT being maintained in some collapse is slim.

The closest example was Katrina. For 10 yrs prior to that I heard prepper defiantly state that when "they" come for their guns then that was it....that would be their line in the sand.yet after Katrina people handed over their guns in droves and the prepper boards hav been curiously silent on that fact ever since.basically they all envisioned it being a christian fear based antichrist senario complete with the cliched gillotene wet dream and fema camps out in the desert:they didn't bank on a city grabbing folks guns coz of flooding and hurricane.

Thing is national internal security apparatus has been big business for a couple decades or more.Even as an ex prepper I'd say the likelihood of order NOT being maintained in some collapse is slim.

The closest example was Katrina. For 10 yrs prior to that I heard prepper defiantly state that when "they" come for their guns then that was it....that would be their line in the sand.yet after Katrina people handed over their guns in droves and the prepper boards hav been curiously silent on that fact ever since.basically they all envisioned it being a christian fear based antichrist senario complete with the cliched gillotene wet dream and fema camps out in the desert:they didn't bank on a city grabbing folks guns coz of flooding and hurricane.

So they didnt have to pry them from their cold dead hands, eh?

Markets are cyclical

The neat thing about it is they are never wrong.  If the crash doesn't happen yet then they are warning us ahead of time.  Even if it is 30,40 or even 50 years ahead they are still warning us and they are still never wrong.  And the day it finally happens . . . well they told us so.  Or maybe their grandpa told us so.  The point is they were never wrong.

zeldarocks... your post breaks my heart. These types of fears were HUGE for me in my years as a Christian. And the biggest one of all, for me, was the whole December 2012 thing.

Do you want to know how bad I was scared of December 2012? I tried to plan pregnancies so that I would not be delivering a baby around that time. Do you know that YEARS before 2012, I knew exactly how old my family members would be. I knew that I would be 33, I knew my oldest daughter would be 13, my second daughter would be 10, and my son would be almost three. When 2011 became 2012, I was afraid it would be the last January I would ever see.

Do you know how I spent the days of December 20, 21, 22, and 23? (Because I had heard that calamity would hit on Dec. 21, and then from other sources I had heard it would be Dec. 23... plus, I didn't know what world time zone the calamity would happen... so I just feared all four of those days)... I spent those days obsessively looking at my "world clock" on my cell phone... you know, the clock that says what time it is in cities around the world. As each city passed through each time zone, my hope grew that nothing would happen. I watched the movie Elf over and over and over during those four days. For some reason, the movie Elf made me feel a tiny bit safe.

When the morning of Christmas Eve 2012 dawned, and the world was carrying on just as usual, I cannot even begin to explain how I felt. I had feared the year 2012 since I had first heard of it in 1996 or 1997. I had feared this shit for like fifteen fucking years. And I said to myself, FUCK THIS. I told myself I am DONE. I will never fear shit like this again.

Now people are going on about September 2015. My neighbor down the street is one of them. A lady at the grocery store was going on about it, Jade Helm and shit, a few weeks ago. After she walked away, I went to the women she was talking to and said, "Everything that lady is saying is untrue." I could not stand to have that fearmongering going on and not do something about it.

The people who are trippin about September are NOBODIES. They aren't special. They don't know shit. They are crazy or they want money, or both. And the people who listen to them (like your dad, all due respect) are also not experts in any field that would warrant that you or I take anything they say seriously.

This shit pisses me the fuck off. I want to take all those fear-spreading people and shake them and scream at them, "Look at what you are doing! Look at the pain you are causing to so many people! FUCK YOU!"

It isn't your fault, zeldarocks. Your OCD tendencies (I share them as well) have mixed with these dumbasses' "prophecies" and have created a volatile mixture in your brain. I know how hard it is. But it's not real. There has been a layer of lies laid over reality in your mind, and the OCD has caused your brain to give more validity to that layer, than to the deeper reality underneath. The people taking advantage of that condition in your mind are either A- fucking assholes, or B- victims of the fucking assholes.

I'm really sorry, and I don't know what more to add or how to wrap this up... let me just leave you with this, I guess. Since deconverting, most of these types of fears, for me personally, have fallen off. But every now and then, fear still creeps in. And for me, I have just had to decide that whatever comes, I am facing it like a soldier. Like a BOSS. And so if an economic collapse were ever to happen, we're gonna face that shit like BOSSES. And that is all that matters, my friend.

Actually we may well have a global economic collapse soon, but the morontheists would only just happen to be right on that by chance.

China's stock market is collapsing. Despite them doing everything a totalitarian regime can do to stop it. And if our Merkel/Schäuble regime keeps forcing austerity (which reality has proven simply does not work) on the rest of Southern Europe a European collapse won't be too long in the future either. Given the global impact of that, it's not a good thing either.

So yeah, as they said decades ago already... even a broken watch will show the right time twice a day.

At some point global debt will have to become a wash, but I don't see it happening any time soon. China's market is still in a major uptrend. It had been on a tear the past year and has now seen a 50% correction. This is quite common with stocks and indices that go parabolic. With all the money the central banks have been pumping over the past 7 years, I wouldn't be surprised to see a massive world market run that lasts over the next decade.

If you want to fear something, fear the damage we're doing to our planet with a system of never ending, ever increasing consumption. If it collapses, perhaps it can be replaced with something better.

• Like 1

Markets are cyclical

I always wonder what these experts do with the money they make from publishing stuff about how the markets will crash. Do they, like, invest their money in markets?

Markets are cyclical

I always wonder what these experts do with the money they make from publishing stuff about how the markets will crash. Do they, like, invest their money in markets?

I always wonder how guys like Roubini, Schiff, etc... keep their clients after being so absurdly wrong year after year.

Markets are cyclical

I always wonder how guys like Roubini, Schiff, etc... keep their clients after being so absurdly wrong year after year.

There is another "mark" born every minute.

Bein prepared for disaster is always prudent.

Ex: Friends in Northern Washingon St have had to unass, move goodies, critters, family three times in face of Okanogan complex fires. They WERE ready to move out, had plans, materials ready and stashed, communications, water, food...

THAT kind of prep may save life when faced with extra-ordinary events that are far beyond controlling.

Worrying about ebbile space critters, dogs going feral eating all humanity, or things gone to fuck won't help much.

Living awake and aware in a crazy world isn't impossible, try to let worse flow off your back.

kL

Bein prepared for disaster is always prudent.

Ex: Friends in Northern Washingon St have had to unass, move goodies, critters, family three times in face of Okanogan complex fires. They WERE ready to move out, had plans, materials ready and stashed, communications, water, food...

THAT kind of prep may save life when faced with extra-ordinary events that are far beyond controlling.

Worrying about ebbile space critters, dogs going feral eating all humanity, or things gone to fuck won't help much.

Living awake and aware in a crazy world isn't impossible, try to let worse flow off your back.

kL

Exactly. There are those who think that stashing away a few boxes of MRE's and some camo and they'll be all set for the nuclear apocalypse. If shit goes to hell in a handbasket there's not much prep to do for that. HOWEVER, preparing for natural disasters, civil unrest, protests, extreme weather is very prudent. Having extra food and water on hand, ways to filter water, extra candles, batteries, backup ways to cook/prepare food, a garden, a ready to go bug out bag if a fire or earthquake comes bearing down, a planned meeting area, a way to defend yourself or home, etc...that's just being smart. 

Edit: A good basic resource from of all places...FEMA - http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/7877

I couldn't see the video. Is he referring to the end of shemitah year which is on September 13, 2015? I've seen several people talking about this on financial forums. 

The only cause for concern about these sorts of predictions is they could cause superstitious investors to pull their money out in fear of a stock market crash and thus actually cause the stock market to crash if enough people believe it.

• 3 weeks later...

"As many of you know, my father is a fundamentalist Christian, and he is claiming based on a youtube video from a "prophet" that on August 18, 2015 something horrible is going to happen to the United States economically.

He also pinpoints September 23, 2015; September 13, 2015;"

Well, looks like the first two dates have gone by and I'm still buying stuff...

Update please. What's your dad saying now?

How is he dealing with yet another false prophecy?

The Sept 23rd date isn't over yet. After today you should ask him about it.

Wait, I thought the world was suppose to end this Sunday and 9pm EST.  When they put these prophesies too close together it gets confusing.

Maybe Walmart is the Apocalypse? 

I went through the same thing in 1988.  Every year fundies make up stories.  Remember Harold Camping?  As soon as Sep 24, 2015 rolls around they will pick a new date and do the whole thing over again.  They make a lot of money off this stuff.

Ahhh, good ole 1988. My dad bought the book too. Could have been a good year if he'd gone through with his attempted suicide when Jesus didn't show up. But alas, I wasn't that lucky.