Goodbye Jesus

Does God Tell People To Convert With Signs

Guest Ask21771

I had 2 fortune cookies today that fit my circumstances. But if you think I'd listen to a baked good for advice you'd be mistaken.

Sig worthy.

3.gif

Whew, I just went through this whole thread, after page two I realized the OP is trolling you guys. Has all the signs of a Troll, anything to get a rise out of someone. I applaud you guys for sticking it out with him or her this long.

But to help anyone else that is reading this thread I have been an atheist for a few years now.

Why do people convert? My opinion is that it's attributed to direct indoctrination or weakness or a weak moment. All the years I went to church I have seen kids raised in Church (my wife being one of them) and it's a natural process for most of them to follow their parents footsteps and stay in the church too. Becomes a lifestyle and they know nothing else.

The other thing is someone going through a life changing event and the conversion  process becomes easier. They look for signs that they need something more than they can give themselves. In my situation I just went through a divorce and was lonely and hurt. Was talking to a co-worker and he gave me the spill about being forgiven and God would take care of me. I went to Church that weekend and talked to the preacher and was "saved". That moment I felt like a weight had lifted off me and felt like I belonged to something. Something to be said about a large group of people showing they care about you. I realized now it was all in my mind and could have had the same thing without religion in the equation.

But over the years I have seen various people walk down the aisle at Church and get baptized. These ranged from newly married couples, divorcees, recovering drug addicts, single parents, and so forth. The scenario always ended the same...they get saved, become active members, and they after a short time they drop off. Never to be seen again.  I think whatever struggles they were going through resolved itself and they move on. Or maybe they get bored with Church or realized it's BS, who knows.

But I will clarify, whatever the person is seeking is in their own mind anyways. It's like having an imaginary friend to talk to

She is trying to help you.  It is what you asked us to do.  Could you at least tell me why you dislike atheism so much?

*bump*