Goodbye Jesus

Man On Fire

Guest lifeszero

So, if there is a God,

would you prefer God take you into his Kingdom or give you a choice?

Why would an all knowing, all powerful being need a kingdom?   

So, if there is a God,

Why is the "other option" eternal conscious torture?

Would I prefer not being tortured because I was just a stupid little human who couldn't make the right choice between stories that sound impossible?

Hmmmmm, tough one.

If I had a kid who didn't believe my warnings and wanted to go play in the fireplace, surely at some point I would push the kid in there because I love my child. Oh, wait, what...

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

So, if there is a God,

Well, I would have preferred to be taken directly into the Kingdom; but that goddamn Frodo went and destroyed the ring, so now we all have to live under the oppressive yoke of Aragorn.  Either way, choice had nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

So, if there is a God,

We have no choice.  

God decided who enters his kingdom before he made the world.

Romans 8 : 28 - 30

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 

29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 

30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Ephesians 1 : 4 - 6

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 

he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 

to the praise of his glorious grace,which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 

Romans 9 : 22 - 24

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 

23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory 

24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

Those who have been prepared in advance (by God) for destruction - have no choice in the matter.

Those who have been prepared in advance (by God) for glory - have no choice in the matter.

In the context of Biblical Christianity your question is meaningless, Ironhorse.

Worse than meaningless!

Your false belief in free choice gives false hope to those whom God had damned and mental anguish to those he has saved.

mad.gif

• Like 1