Goodbye Jesus

Leaving The Church For Good

Guest Justyna

Guest Justyna

Hello,

My name is Justyna and I am 27 years old. I am single, never married, no kids. I was saved (a.k.a) brainwashed when I was just 12 years old. My mother was a Catholic at the time and my father has always been a strong atheist. I started watching programs on T.V. and saw a Billy Graham Special when I was just a little girl and was hooked on it since. I have been a devote Christian for almost 16 years, but today I am ready to move on and start my life. I have spoken in touges, prayed, fasted, been to camps, did out reaches, and I am ready to leave. Nothing really has happened apart from coming to live with my dad last year in the UK. Like I said he is an atheist and has knocked some sense into me. He has been trying to get me to leave the church for years now but I always thought he was the "devil" for doing that. Now I see that I was brain washed when I was a kid and taught to believe a certain way. I have a MBA and am going to go for a Phd in fashion next fall. When I told Christian people about this, they almost resent it saying its of the world and that I should focus on God. Well I am focusing on me right now and making me happy. I am becoming happier and happier as the days go by, but today it the day for sure. I look forward to findind myself and unraveling from the tangled mess I have been in.

I would be the last person to leave the church, but here it is folks...its really happening. I dont know who I am right now since I was always told who to be etc. I am starting a new chapter in my life and its very exciting. I have slowly noticed myself pulling away for the past year, but this is really it.

Part of the problem is that I have dreams and goals I want to achieve and you know how Christians can be sometimes. They tell you to make certain that its Gods will blah blah blah...well I am 27 years old and I dont need anyones permission. I think I might be agnostic or something....but I would not say I am a Christian anymore....Ive grown up and out of that. I feel so free and happy right now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shyone

• ShakenNotStirred

• renoliz

• MagickMonkey

• Super Moderator

Welcome, and congratulations!

Sounds like you have a good grasp of reality and are ready to face the world - thanks to dear old Dad. Stay free and happy, and don't worry about how to label yourself; others will be happy to do that for you.

Best of luck to you.

Hello,

Part of the problem is that I have dreams and goals I want to achieve and you know how Christians can be sometimes. They tell you to make certain that its Gods will blah blah blah...well I am 27 years old and I dont need anyones permission. I think I might be agnostic or something....but I would not say I am a Christian anymore....Ive grown up and out of that. I feel so free and happy right now.

Most business people are hands-off with regard to religion. To controversial. Some are more assertive however, and dealing with them can be difficult.

I think it comes down to principles, but without absolutely compromising your principles you may be able to find a way to deflect their attempts to proselytize. I get it all the time, but I just smile and say "thank you" when they say, "Good bless you." There isn't any reason to be confrontational IMO.

Aggressively proselytizing is more of a problem when they say, "Do you know Jesus?" or "Have you been saved?" These questions are universally awkward, even for other Christians. Best answer, "My religion is in private" or some equivalent.

Guest Justyna

I cant believe this is me talking. Its like I have been sheltered for the real world. I bet its going to be a real shocker to see the real truth. There are so many books I want to read about science and nature. I want to live with all my senses instead of being told that emotions are wrong and that I should not live by them. I look forward to this journey and what it may bring. I want to see who I really am, aside from everything.

I am theeeee last person they ever thought would leave the church...man this is insane! I love it. :lmao:

Congratulations and good luck on your newfound freedom. Hang around here and read. This place has been great for me. Life is so much more fun when based in reality and the here and now.

Guest Justyna

I am going to hang around here and get support. I need a new place to hang out and sort of see a new perspective on life. I was really deep into it, so its not easy, but 7 years ago things happened that I thought were really tragic, but really that was the beginning of the end for me. I dont really want to go into detail about it just yet, maybe I will another time, but you get my drift. Basically I have been struggling with my faith for 7 years, its not an over night thing for me thats for sure.

I am going to hang around here and get support. I need a new place to hang out and sort of see a new perspective on life. I was really deep into it, so its not easy, but 7 years ago things happened that I thought were really tragic, but really that was the beginning of the end for me. I dont really want to go into detail about it just yet, maybe I will another time, but you get my drift. Basically I have been struggling with my faith for 7 years, its not an over night thing for me thats for sure.

It took me 20 years, but now it's 20 years after that. There's no need for confessions. Sometimes being completely open is cathartic, sometimes it isn't.

Welcome.

Guest Justyna

Wow...this is regreshing to hear Shyone thank you....Im so new to this, my deconversion just started so its easy to still have old thought patterns and feelings. I want to be there on the other side of this so bad...but I know it will take time. I acutally look forward to the journey. I woke up this moring and there are a million things I am feeling...its like I have not felt anything for years...all this supressed stuff. I have lived as a Christian and not felt much for years casue was taught that this was wrong..I feel like crying now, this is real...the real world, reality, and I am embracing it for the first time.

Welcome to the club. It's not an easy road to travel for sure. Sometimes it can be like one two steps forward, one step back. The brainwashing can be a very difficult thing to overcome. Some even end up going back to thier imaginary, disgustingly evil god for a while before logic again takes hold.

Guest Justyna

I was just ranting in anther thread...now happy yes sad, yet angry I really am. Its like something was stolen from me...just my pure innocence. Gotta go to work now, but please feel free to comment and give me adivce...I need this right now so bad. I dont want to go back, I feel I am passed that but everyone that knows about this is praying for me so this could be a hard battle to endure. The last final battle if you will.

Congratulations on taking the red pill. Read books and watch videos that stimulate your mind. When your emotions get too strong take a break and enjoy life. Do not let other people manipulate you, you don't owe anybody anything. It may take a long time, but so long as you decide to search for truth wherever it leads, to demand evidence, and not to accept prepackaged answers, then you will probably prevail in the end.

You sound like an amazing girl, I wish you the best of luck.

I was just ranting in anther thread...now happy yes sad, yet angry I really am. Its like something was stolen from me...just my pure innocence. Gotta go to work now, but please feel free to comment and give me adivce...I need this right now so bad. I dont want to go back, I feel I am passed that but everyone that knows about this is praying for me so this could be a hard battle to endure. The last final battle if you will.

It seems like breaking away is not easy because of the way our minds work. Intellectually, I had essentially satisfied my mind that there was not god, but that wasn't enough to hit my - other part of the brain. And then there are the occasional doubts that creep in.

But eventually the two come together. The emperor has no clothes on, and Santa isn't real.

So, in other words, they are doing nothing. You will come to enjoy not living in the supernatural. Relax and enjoy your life. I have found that after my deconversion and even after coming here for a while, I had to take a break from thinking about it all. I had to "get busy living" rather than dwelling on the years the cult stole from me. It is easy to dwell on these things at first. But don't forget to enjoy your newfound freedom.

Guest Justyna

I used to post in a Christian Forum, and I had a debate over Christianity on the forum last night and they have suspened my account....lol Its like if you say ANYTHING that might be the slightest bit against Christianity they report you there. I just see the narrow mindedness of it all to be honest with you.

So now that I cant go there to debate..I am going to hang out here more and need your guys support all the more. :)

I used to post in a Christian Forum, and I had a debate over Christianity on the forum last night and they have suspened my account....lol Its like if you say ANYTHING that might be the slightest bit against Christianity they report you there. I just see the narrow mindedness of it all to be honest with you.

So now that I cant go there to debate..I am going to hang out here more and need your guys support all the more. :)

We almost never ban our christians here even when they spout thier silly fantasy propoganda.

Hi and welcome!

For some of us it takes a long time of struggling before we finally say oK that's it, it isn't working, I am done! It was that way with me. My faith was on rocky ground when my dad became sick and it really became unstable after he died in 2002 and how my mom acted towards it. I grew up in a very fundy home. It wasn't until in the last year that I verbally said it that I was not a Christian. I had to hear myself say it and it was the most free I ever felt! So my journey started 9 years ago really. I tried and tried to be a good Christian for a few years after my dad died but I was only fooling myself. I just turned 38 and I am just tired of wasting my time with this religion crap.

What is amazing is when I finally "let go" things changed for me. I got a great job over the summer with a huge government contracting firm and I am back in college going for my BS in Aviation Maintenance. I love aviation and being a woman I get the raised eyebrows and the "Oh really" comments, LOL! It's such a male dominated field. So far I have all A's and I have never been a straight A student EVER so this is just incredible for me. I am sure my mom would say it was God's will. :Wendywhatever:

Keep glucose goods close at hand. If you are traveling by plane, pack your medications, insulin,

Aion kina syringes, test strips, lancets, ketone strips, and other supplies so there's no chance of losing them. If you don't already have one, get a medical ID bracelet or necklace that alerts people that you have Diabetes and provides a number to call in an emergency.

wow power leveling

Pack a snack. Wherever you go, take a totable snack like an apple, an energy bar, a banana, raisins, or cheese and crackers in case your blood sugar starts to dip when you don't have immediate access to your food. If you sample your snacks en route, replenish your supplies as soon as you can.

Wow gold

Mind your meals. If you're flying or taking an extended trip by rail, call the carrier a few days before you depart and ask what special meals they have available for people with Diabetes or heart disease (there may be more than one option to choose from).

World of warcraft gold

When you're en route, wait for meal service to actually begin before you take your pre-meal insulin to make sure you don't experience low blood sugar in the event that service is unexpectedly slowed or canceled. When traveling by car, try to stick to your regular mealtime schedule to keep your blood sugar stable. Sro Gold If that's not possible, carry snacks along with you and be alert to symptoms of low blood sugar, such as nervousness, sweating, and crankiness. If you feel a hypoglycemic episode coming on, pull over immediately and take sugar pill or have something to eat. Wait at least 10 to 15 minutes for the feeling to pass before continuing

Sro Gold

Get in the zone. Traveling across different time zones can throw your schedule completely off, but you can compensate for the disruption if you're careful. When adding hours to your day by traveling west, you may need to take more insulin. When losing hours traveling east, you may need less. Check with your doctor for specific recommendations. As for timing your injections and meals, keep your watch set to your Home time as you travel to your destination, then switch your watch -- and your schedule -- to the local time the morning after you arrive.

I am sort of going to disclose something that I never fully explored yes or gave thought till now. I think I might be bisexual, meaning I like both men and women but I never was fully given the opportunity to see this side of me because of the church and how they say its wrong. I have not been in a relationship with a woman before but I have a crush on someone right now. :grin:

I think we are all born bisexual but society/church shapes us and makes us think there is something wrong for liking both genders. I am going to make up for loss time now.

Welcome to the real world.

I am a recent deconvert myself. The feeling of finally jumping off the cliff and spreading my wings is still fresh in my mind. I think you will be pleasantly enriched by reading more about science. I love science. The natural world is beautiful.

I am happy that you are free to be real about who you are. Best wishes.

I am a recent deconvert myself. The feeling of finally jumping off the cliff and spreading my wings is still fresh in my mind. I think you will be pleasantly enriched by reading more about science. I love science. The natural world is beautiful.

As an ex-christian, make sure your wings are aerodynamic and sturdy enough to support you. Relying on "faith" that the structure is probably ok may do for Christians, but we must take responsibilty for our own wings.

Ok, I stretched that metaphor a little far, but I hope my meaning comes across.

As an ex-christian, make sure your wings are aerodynamic and sturdy enough to support you. Relying on "faith" that the structure is probably ok may do for Christians, but we must take responsibilty for our own wings.

So, why are you saying this to me?

So, why are you saying this to me?

It's meant for everyone and Justyna in particular as I was adding my comments to yours, but as you state, "The feeling of finally jumping off the cliff and spreading my wings is still fresh in my mind."

And it was meant tongue-in-cheek. You mentioned science, and I tied the metaphor to the appreciation for science. Get it? Wings? Aerodynamics?

:dead:

• 2 weeks later...

Keep glucose goods close at hand. If you are traveling by plane, pack your medications, insulin,

Aion kina syringes, test strips, lancets, ketone strips, and other supplies so there's no chance of losing them. If you don't already have one, get a medical ID bracelet or necklace that alerts people that you have Diabetes and provides a number to call in an emergency.

wow power leveling

Pack a snack. Wherever you go, take a totable snack like an apple, an energy bar, a banana, raisins, or cheese and crackers in case your blood sugar starts to dip when you don't have immediate access to your food. If you sample your snacks en route, replenish your supplies as soon as you can.

Wow gold

Mind your meals. If you're flying or taking an extended trip by rail, call the carrier a few days before you depart and ask what special meals they have available for people with Diabetes or heart disease (there may be more than one option to choose from).

World of warcraft gold

When you're en route, wait for meal service to actually begin before you take your pre-meal insulin to make sure you don't experience low blood sugar in the event that service is unexpectedly slowed or canceled. When traveling by car, try to stick to your regular mealtime schedule to keep your blood sugar stable. Sro Gold If that's not possible, carry snacks along with you and be alert to symptoms of low blood sugar, such as nervousness, sweating, and crankiness. If you feel a hypoglycemic episode coming on, pull over immediately and take sugar pill or have something to eat. Wait at least 10 to 15 minutes for the feeling to pass before continuing

Sro Gold

Get in the zone. Traveling across different time zones can throw your schedule completely off, but you can compensate for the disruption if you're careful. When adding hours to your day by traveling west, you may need to take more insulin. When losing hours traveling east, you may need less. Check with your doctor for specific recommendations. As for timing your injections and meals, keep your watch set to your Home time as you travel to your destination, then switch your watch -- and your schedule -- to the local time the morning after you arrive.

can we say spam...

welcome justyna glad to hear that your conversion is going well. leaving was the hardest part for me since i was involved at the age of 8. once you leave, it becomes a bit easier, there will be some snags but i think you'll be fine/free

• 11 months later...

Ahha! So Justyna, this is the thread where you came out of the closet and admited to being a Satanist, huh? Would you say that you loved Satan when you became a Satanist? What did you do to serve your new lord and master, Beelzebub? Did you get down on your knees and worship him?

Welcome to the club. It's not an easy road to travel for sure. Sometimes it can be like one two steps forward, one step back. The brainwashing can be a very difficult thing to overcome. Some even end up going back to thier imaginary, disgustingly evil god for a while before logic again takes hold.

this.

Vix has the gift of prophecy.