Goodbye Jesus

Leaving The Church For Good

Guest Justyna

I have read this entire thread (except the spam-post) with growing exitement.

Well done Justyna! You describe the feeling of "waking up" very well and I can just imagine your zest for life and hunger for information growing more and more daily. We are all here for you. Perhaps we can get the admin folk to give you a nicer looking badge-thingy - the "Authentic Believer" one doesn't seem to fit any more.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shyone

• ShakenNotStirred

• renoliz

• MagickMonkey

Well done Justyna! You describe the feeling of "waking up" very well and I can just imagine your zest for life and hunger for information growing more and more daily. We are all here for you. Perhaps we can get the admin folk to give you a nicer looking badge-thingy - the "Authentic Believer" one doesn't seem to fit any more.

Check the dates of the posts. This is a "resurrected" post (pardon the pun). It was after this that she started berating people and saying they're all going to hell, sitting in darkness, worshipping Satan etc.

Unfortunately, she has relapsed back into christianity since then.

Guest Valk0010

Wow...this is regreshing to hear Shyone thank you....Im so new to this, my deconversion just started so its easy to still have old thought patterns and feelings. I want to be there on the other side of this so bad...but I know it will take time. I acutally look forward to the journey. I woke up this moring and there are a million things I am feeling...its like I have not felt anything for years...all this supressed stuff. I have lived as a Christian and not felt much for years casue was taught that this was wrong..I feel like crying now, this is real...the real world, reality, and I am embracing it for the first time.

You should try to remeber this justnya, or maybe I am wrong and this justnya is gone forever.

Read as much as you can.

Start by going backwards. Thomas Hobbes in CH 3 of Leviathan tells us that the icons, for instance, of the Catholic Church were straight from Roman Gods. So, Mary and Jesus icon was an actual icon of Venus and Cupid.

Read about the ancient Roman rreligions and you will se that it was all borrowed.

There is nothing new about Xianity.

Read as much as you can.

Start by going backwards. Thomas Hobbes in CH 3 of Leviathan tells us that the icons, for instance, of the Catholic Church were straight from Roman Gods. So, Mary and Jesus icon was an actual icon of Venus and Cupid.

Read about the ancient Roman rreligions and you will se that it was all borrowed.

There is nothing new about Xianity.

Your a little late to the party huh?

Perhaps we can get the admin folk to give you a nicer looking badge-thingy - the "Authentic Believer" one doesn't seem to fit any more.

Noooo! That is SO sad. She seemed to have been going through that awesome process of finding out the truth. I am VERY disappointed and feel as if we somehow failed her. I get SO angry with the preachers of religion I can sometimes barely speak (thank God for inventing typing, heheh). It's things like this that make me HATE Christians - they should keep their clammy lying hands off our beautiful youth and go and pray/rant/genuflect on a desert island where they can do no more harm.

Okay. Sorry ... ahem ... rant over. It's just so sad about Justyna.

I am VERY disappointed and feel as if we somehow failed her.

It's not our responsibility to force people to think rationally.

I get SO angry with the preachers of religion I can sometimes barely speak (thank God for inventing typing, heheh).

No, thank the Flying Spagetti Monster, or he might choke you with one of his noodlie appendages.

Perhaps we can get the admin folk to give you a nicer looking badge-thingy - the "Authentic Believer" one doesn't seem to fit any more.

Noooo! That is SO sad. She seemed to have been going through that awesome process of finding out the truth. I am VERY disappointed and feel as if we somehow failed her. I get SO angry with the preachers of religion I can sometimes barely speak (thank God for inventing typing, heheh). It's things like this that make me HATE Christians - they should keep their clammy lying hands off our beautiful youth and go and pray/rant/genuflect on a desert island where they can do no more harm.

Okay. Sorry ... ahem ... rant over. It's just so sad about Justyna.

and yet she still comes to this forum.

I was able to wear the Xtian goggles, ignore my Cog Dis, and be satisfied w/ circular reasoning til almost age 50.

She's not hopeless.

So does she still feel attracted to other women?

I get SO angry with the preachers of religion I can sometimes barely speak (thank God for inventing typing, heheh).

No, thank the Flying Spagetti Monster, or he might choke you with one of his noodlie appendages.

I know, I back-slid for a moment into my old credulous ways. I'm sure He will wash me in his thick, warm, and cleansing tomato sauce, and I will beg His forgiveness. LOL. Nice post. And I know we don't have a responsiblity to anyone - I just had a sad for a moment.

I don't want to make predictions, but knowing what it's like to wrestle with doubt... it's just not that easy to erase all that, ya know? I'm still having a hard time myself, because part of me wishes that everything I'd invested so much of my life in had been true. Change is extremely hard, and some people will continue to believe just to avoid the discomfort of change. Maybe that's where she's at right now, but just suppressing all the doubts never seemed to work for me.

• Super Moderator

I don't want to make predictions, but knowing what it's like to wrestle with doubt... it's just not that easy to erase all that, ya know? I'm still having a hard time myself, because part of me wishes that everything I'd invested so much of my life in had been true. Change is extremely hard, and some people will continue to believe just to avoid the discomfort of change. Maybe that's where she's at right now, but just suppressing all the doubts never seemed to work for me.

You're right -- it's not easy. Things do get better though, so hang in there!

Justyna, on the other hand, is quite happy in her delusion and ignorance. Not a good recipe for escaping the mindfuk. I hope she does some day. After 44 pages of her arrogant, self-righteous, and ego-maniacal rambling in her Former Christian Friend Became an Atheist/Satanist thread, I'm not so hopeful. When confronted with doubts and hard questions, she states over and over that she "doesn't care to think about those kinds of things -- what's the fun in that?"

Like you said, repressing the doubts didn't work for you (or me). But she seems to absolutely relish, wallow, and thrive (in her own mind) in repressing hers. Go figure. Wendyshrug.gif

So does she still feel attracted to other women?

Let's hope so.

Justyna, on the other hand, is quite happy in her delusion and ignorance. Not a good recipe for escaping the mindfuk. I hope she does some day. After 44 pages of her arrogant, self-righteous, and ego-maniacal rambling in her Former Christian Friend Became an Atheist/Satanist thread, I'm not so hopeful.

I guess I've missed a lot, lol! Link please? :)

P.S. Can't believe this forum lets me scroll within a text window from an iPhone! I'm tempted to take that as a sign from God but I think I'll hold out a little longer.

• Super Moderator

Justyna, on the other hand, is quite happy in her delusion and ignorance. Not a good recipe for escaping the mindfuk. I hope she does some day. After 44 pages of her arrogant, self-righteous, and ego-maniacal rambling in her Former Christian Friend Became an Atheist/Satanist thread, I'm not so hopeful.

I guess I've missed a lot, lol! Link please? :)

P.S. Can't believe this forum lets me scroll within a text window from an iPhone! I'm tempted to take that as a sign from God but I think I'll hold out a little longer.

Would praising Jobs be appropriate? He has created quite an empire. 17.gif

Here's the link to Justyna's post. In less than a week, there are almost 900 replies and 9500 views. She fancies herself as god's special evangelist to all us sleeping, satanic ex-christians. What she really is is a sad, love-starved, abandoned 12-year old living in 28-year old's body. I almost forgot to mention she plans on being a psychologist/counselor someday. I've asked her two times if she plans on using the christian fish in her advertising to warn potential clients. She still hasn't answered that question. Typical of her. She doesn't like to address "difficult" or "not-fun" issues. Happy Reading -- but be forewarned, you will be doing lots of this: 49.gif

Justyna obviously loves the attention she is getting here.

At this point, I think when anyone argues with Justyna, they are simply rewarding her with what she wants. Whenever you point out how she's wrong, some endorphins or whatever are released in her brain causing pleasure and re-enforcing her silly behavior. I think ignoring her will do her and yourselves a favor.

You know, I didn't say anything until recently but I have now stated how I feel about Justyna and her crapola. I feel better even though I realize that it isn't going to mean anything to her. She is definitely living in fantasyland. I would feel sorry for her but I don't think that would be good for either of us in this case.

Here's the link to Justyna's post. In less than a week, there are almost 900 replies and 9500 views. She fancies herself as god's special evangelist to all us sleeping, satanic ex-christians. What she really is is a sad, love-starved, abandoned 12-year old living in 28-year old's body. I almost forgot to mention she plans on being a psychologist/counselor someday. I've asked her two times if she plans on using the christian fish in her advertising to warn potential clients. She still hasn't answered that question. Typical of her. She doesn't like to address "difficult" or "not-fun" issues. Happy Reading -- but be forewarned, you will be doing lots of this: 49.gif

LOL! DANG!!! 900 replies?!? I didn't read too much of what she wrote, but I noticed that any page I randomly clicked on, she was there -- typing pretty lengthy responses. That takes way more time than I have, I guess.

I didn't realize her posts from this thread were from Sept 2009, and thought they were recent.

BTW, so funny you mention advertising with the fish. I was just thinking about that today matter of fact. It's a little strange that even while I was a practicing Christian, after a while, seeing the Ichthys in an advertisement instantly turned me off and made me not want to do business with them. I think I'd started to get a negative stereotype of people who tied their faith into their business. The first thoughts that would pop into my mind were that their prices might be a little less competitive, and I feared that they might be squirrely to deal with if customer service issues came up. Ya know, "the customer isn't always right", LOL. Am I being completely unfair, or is there something to this? I can't remember if I had a bad experience once or if it's just that most people I ran across who were so public about their faith were kinda self-serving. So what is it about Jesus' teaching that narcissistic believers don't quite grasp?

At this point, I think when anyone argues with Justyna, they are simply rewarding her with what she wants. Whenever you point out how she's wrong, some endorphins or whatever are released in her brain causing pleasure and re-enforcing her silly behavior. I think ignoring her will do her and yourselves a favor.

I'm really starting to like this place. :)

LOL! DANG!!! 900 replies?!? I didn't read too much of what she wrote, but I noticed that any page I randomly clicked on, she was there -- typing pretty lengthy responses. That takes way more time than I have, I guess.

I didn't realize her posts from this thread were from Sept 2009, and thought they were recent.

BTW, so funny you mention advertising with the fish. I was just thinking about that today matter of fact. It's a little strange that even while I was a practicing Christian, after a while, seeing the Ichthys in an advertisement instantly turned me off and made me not want to do business with them. I think I'd started to get a negative stereotype of people who tied their faith into their business. The first thoughts that would pop into my mind were that their prices might be a little less competitive, and I feared that they might be squirrely to deal with if customer service issues came up. Ya know, "the customer isn't always right", LOL. Am I being completely unfair, or is there something to this? I can't remember if I had a bad experience once or if it's just that most people I ran across who were so public about their faith were kinda self-serving. So what is it about Jesus' teaching that narcissistic believers don't quite grasp?

I like thisplace too:) Glad to have you shakenbutnotstirred.

Thanks! I've always gotten into psychology and love studying human behavior, communication, motivation, etc. Plays a big part in my world view these days, and explains a lot I didn't understand before. It's nice (and rare, honestly) to be around people who look beyond the surface and get real about things. I think the feeling of "being in the Spirit" is probably nothing more than an endorphin rush. It would be interesting to know if any studies have been done on this.

Thanks! I've always gotten into psychology and love studying human behavior, communication, motivation, etc. Plays a big part in my world view these days, and explains a lot I didn't understand before. It's nice (and rare, honestly) to be around people who look beyond the surface and get real about things. I think the feeling of "being in the Spirit" is probably nothing more than an endorphin rush. It would be interesting to know if any studies have been done on this.

I've seen some studies on the "God part of the brain" or various stimuli that duplicated the experience of experiencing God for the religious. Drugs, magnets, and other physical stimuli have been used.

Look up "Neuroscience and God" for more information.

Yeah, people are a trip. I think it is wonderfulwhen people really try to understand how their brain works and where their emotions and feelings come from. It is a very interesting line of study. What is amazing to me is that there really is starting to be evidence that god comes from our brains and the god feeling can be activated by different means. Another facet of humans is the fact that sometimes when we change our way of thinking about issues then some of our emotional problems diminish. How do we do that?

Why do some people turn into real human beings and some people remain caricatures? Lots to think about.

I've seen some studies on the "God part of the brain" or various stimuli that duplicated the experience of experiencing God for the religious. Drugs, magnets, and other physical stimuli have been used.

Look up "Neuroscience and God" for more information.

Thanks very much -- I will definitely do that. I always found it odd how people have used drugs or other special stimuli to deepen their spiritual contact or experiences. Drugs, sweat lodges, etc... I can understand primitives believing in them, but today? I've even met Christians who said they'd always pray while taking a bubble bath with some aromatherapy candles lit. I guess incense kinda falls into that category of sensory stimulation, too.

On a personal note, I remember trying Adderall a few years back and I was excited because I actually wanted to go to church, sit there, and soak it all up again. I really felt a renewed excited about God, and it kinda gave me a spiritual kick start. It didn't take me long to face that what I was feeling wasn't real -- it was just my system interacting with the med (in a good way, but not in a supernatural God way).