Goodbye Jesus

The Obviousness Of The Reality Of God

Brother Jeff

This is my latest post to my "Apologetics for Jesus" blog. From http://apologeticsforjesus.com/blog/2007/0...reality-of-god/:

I was just thinking about the Lord's goodness today and about the awesomeness of His creation. See, I live in Alaska, and I am confronted daily with the awesomeness and beauty of God's creation! I don't understand how anyone can look around at our beautiful world and not KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was created by a Supreme Being vastly superior in wisdom and intelligence to us. How can atheists be so blind to REALITY? How can they miss the obvious fact that this world was created? It didn't just somehow magically happen by chance! Evolution, my ass! Pardon my un-Christian language please, but that's really how I feel! How can these idiot atheists really believe that a world of such order and beauty "just happened"? How can they turn blind eyes to all of Creation's beauty and incredible order and proclaim with such certainty that there is no God? GOD, as He always does, nailed it when He called them fools! It is the very height of foolishness to look around at this incredible world and this incredible universe that we live in and say that it just came about by chance and that there is no God! I am confronted with the reality of GOD every time I look outside my windows or drive around Anchorage! The world just screams out GOD! How can people miss it? And He loves us so much that He wrote a Book - a Love Letter - to us to tell us about Himself and to tell us how we should live! Why can't people grasp this simple fact? The Bible is the Word of GOD! It says so repeatedly in order to drive the point home!

"In the beginning, GOD

"All scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of GOD may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Tim. 3:16-17)

"For the WORD OF GOD is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Heb. 4:12)

What is so hard to grasp about this? It's all right there in the Bible!

If you are an Atheist, you are not just an idiot, you are blinded by SATAN! See 2 Cor. 4:4! The TRUTH is right there in the Bible!

We serve such an AWESOME Creator GOD, and yet so many people miss Him and His Love because they are spiritually blind and willfully blind!

If you are an Atheist, WAKE UP!! Jesus Christ is REAL, and He proved His claim to be GOD by raising Himself from the dead! Look around at this beautiful world and admit the TRUTH! GOD IS REAL, and He has graciously and lovingly revealed Himself in His Word, the Bible! Hallelujah!

If you are an Atheist, then I know that GOD led you to this site, and I know that GOD wants to give you LIFE! Just ask the Lord Jesus Christ to come into your life right now and save you from your blindness and your sins! He will do it! Glory to GOD! You'll never regret your glorious decision to become a child of GOD!

Or, alternatively, you can remain a blind, stupid, ignorant Atheist, and you can roast in HELL forever! That's where you are going is HELL if you don't admit the OBVIOUS FACT that there is a GOD and give yourself to Him totally! Are you smart or are you stupid? Your decision about GOD will tell the tale.

Remember, Atheists are idiots, and they say the darndest things when they deny GOD and promote ridiculous theories like "goo to you" Evolution. GOD IS REAL. Belief in GOD is RATIONAL. Atheism is not just idiotic. It is IRRATIONAL! Make the RIGHT choice today! Praise GOD! WHOO-HOO!!! Bless the Name of the LORD! Hallelujah!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• currentchristian

• Mythra

• Dave

• Lycorth

:glare:

Jeff: not one "spook of Kryasst who is also magically him" in that post.

:scratch:

Ya make me nervous, dude.

Admittedly more subtle than I'd have given you credit for. :stank:

Hi Jeff

How's it going? Are you doing okay?

Taph

Edit: I just saw the thread in TOT, and I know we haven't lost you. Way to go Brother Jeff!

This post is supposed to be a very subtle spoof that goes along with my new site.

Taph, I'm doing great! Glory! I'm having a lot of fun working on and promoting my new "Apologetics for Jesus" website. It is a spoof site that is supposed to appear Christian at first glance, but then the deeper you get into it, the more obvious it should become that it is actually an Atheist site. LOL :)

http://www.apologeticsforjesus.com

Glory!

It is a spoof site that is supposed to appear Christian at first glance

It did. Glad to see you're messing with christians heads and not ours. :HaHa:

Glory!

I'm used to your posts having a, how should I say, unique flavor about them.

That one looked more like a post by our old friend savedbyfaith.

spooky.

I'm used to your posts having a, how should I say, unique flavor about them.

That one looked more like a post by our old friend savedbyfaith.

spooky.

Well, I designed my new site so it would hopefully somehow magically appeal to both Atheists and Christians, so I am pretty much avoiding using my usual unique terminology. But, it's still turning out to be a LOT of fun. Glory! :)

I chuckle at how easy it is to fool Christians, and I am enjoying my new role as a raving fundie lunatic. LOL

Phew.

I just saw your thread in totally off topic. I get it now.

So, when atheists come on and tell you that you're a brainwashed moron, are you going to remain in character?

I will definitely have to stay in touch with this site. It looks like a hoot.

Yeah, I probably will stay in character. It's a lot of fun! Glory! :)

Check out the comments section of my blog. LOL

http://apologeticsforjesus.com/blog/2007/0...f-god/#comments

I am really enjoying my new role as a (sometimes raving lunatic) fundie. :)

Glory!

Glory!

Brother Jeff, You are a talented and interesting man.

But I wonder: I would never spend as much energy as you do fighting for something I believe in. Why do you spend so much energy fighting against something you don't believe in? (Not being a smart alek...just wondering...)

-CC in MA

Glory!

But I wonder: I would never spend as much energy as you do fighting for something I believe in. Why do you spend so much energy fighting against something you don't believe in? (Not being a smart alek...just wondering...)

-CC in MA

I do it because I enjoy it, and because it is necessary. Religious beliefs are both absurd and dangerous, and they must be strongly opposed. I do it because I want to make a positive difference in the world by encouraging people to choose REALITY over religious fantasy. I do it because Voltaire was right when he said, "If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities". History has proved him right repeatedly. I do it because I have time to do it and because it has become my passion over the last few years.

That's my short, concise answer. :)

Glory!

-CC in MA

I do it because I enjoy it, and because it is necessary. Religious beliefs are both absurd and dangerous, and they must be strongly opposed. I do it because I want to make a positive difference in the world by encouraging people to choose REALITY over religious fantasy. I do it because Voltaire was right when he said, "If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities". History has proved him right repeatedly. I do it because I have time to do it and because it has become my passion over the last few years.

That's my short, concise answer. :)

Thanks so much. Appreciate it.

-CC in MA

brother jeff:

funny site, i will be adding it to my list of site to check on a daily basis.

cc in MA:

based on the replies i have read, you have been immensly patient and respectful. thank you.

According to the bottom of your home page you managed to get listed on Christian top site lists despite the fact that your site is a parody. Is that true?

BTW I like the site.

Yes, it's true! It's easy to get listed, though. I just went through the signup process, and my site was approved each time. I guess it looks Christian enough at first glance to pass muster. LOL

I also have a new email address at apologeticsforjesus@baptistmail.com

LOL

Glad you like the site! Glory!

This is my latest post to my "Apologetics for Jesus" blog. .....

That was so outrageous, so moronic, so arrogant, that many christians would actually believe it. :lmao:

How many emails praising you do you get on your blog?

That was so outrageous, so moronic, so arrogant, that many christians would actually believe it. :lmao:

Indeed - most of the Xians who come here probably could've written it in their own :HaHa:

And welcome back, Dave! :wave:

Indeed - most of the Xians who come here probably could've written it in their own :HaHa:

And welcome back, Dave! :wave:

There might be an inconsistency here, Varokhar.

In other posts you argue vigorously against any "defects" in humanity, original sin, fallen nature, etc. (I do not embrace the doctrine of Original Sin, either, nor do I believe that we are pond scum, but I also believe we need a helping hand from our friends, families, neighbors and from our Creator, and that we must guard our hearts and minds.)

But it seems orthodoxy among many of the members here that Christians are outrageous, moronic, and arrogant (according to Dave, above, amen'd by you). Other posts elsewhere indicate that Christians are gullible, fradulent, liars, deceivers, abusers, dummies, etc., everything awful under the sun. Yet, at the same time many here seem to reject that there's anything wrong with the human race, that we are incomplete in any way, shape or form, or in need of any measure of salvific restoration.

So are these negative attributes Christians are accused of only in the nature of Christians or are these shared by all humanity? Either we are all the same (potentially everything good and bad under the sun) are we are not all the same. Either everyone has a tendency to do all that is bad, as Christians are accused of again and again, or these "sins" are unique to Christians? Are Christians especially defective, naturally noxious to moral standards? Or are all of us? Or none of us?

Not trying to stir up any ire here, truly, just pointing out what seems to me to be an inconsistency I'd like to have a comment or two on.

-CC in MA

Those defects in Xian behavior only come about through acceptance of certain teachings and their take on them. It has nothing to do with the fact that "sin" doesn't exist and we aren't so thoroughly rotten that we need a savior or else can't possibly hope to puzzle out ways to avoid fucking up.

People who accept certain horrid ideas tend to behave in horrid fashion. Those who accept that we're nothing more than sentient turds without the blooooooood of Jebus to justify us in the sight of Almightah Gawd tend to trash-talk the rest of us who do not believe as they do, and take all sorts of measures to try and ram their religion down our throats. It's little different than, for example, neo-Nazis who accept certain horrid ideas and try to force them on others.

Xians aren't intrinsically more fucked-up than everyone else, but many of them accept certain ideas that cause them to behave as if they were. But anyone can do that.

In other posts you argue vigorously against any "defects" in humanity, original sin, fallen nature, etc. (I do not embrace the doctrine of Original Sin, either, nor do I believe that we are pond scum, but I also believe we need a helping hand from our friends, families, neighbors and from our Creator, and that we must guard our hearts and minds.)

Interesting.... you don't believe in "original sin" yet you firmly, and absolutely, believe that jesus died (but didn't die) as part of a blood sacrifice so that the god (which is actually jesus) would forgive us for "original sin."

but that's another thread.

But it seems orthodoxy among many of the members here that Christians are outrageous, moronic, and arrogant (according to Dave, above, amen'd by you). Other posts elsewhere indicate that Christians are gullible, fradulent, liars, deceivers, abusers, dummies, etc., everything awful under the sun.

Much of what visiting christians post here confirms that.
Yet, at the same time many here seem to reject that there's anything wrong with the human race, that we are incomplete in any way, shape or form, or in need of any measure of salvific restoration.

We don't need any "salvation." That's a religious concept. I doubt anyone here has ever said that humans are perfect in any way. I will come out and proudly say that humans are absolutely, wonderfully, and happily, imperfect.

Those defects in Xian behavior only come about through acceptance of certain teachings and their take on them. It has nothing to do with the fact that "sin" doesn't exist and we aren't so thoroughly rotten that we need a savior or else can't possibly hope to puzzle out ways to avoid fucking up.

People who accept certain horrid ideas tend to behave in horrid fashion. Those who accept that we're nothing more than sentient turds without the blooooooood of Jebus to justify us in the sight of Almightah Gawd tend to trash-talk the rest of us who do not believe as they do, and take all sorts of measures to try and ram their religion down our throats. It's little different than, for example, neo-Nazis who accept certain horrid ideas and try to force them on others.

Xians aren't intrinsically more fucked-up than everyone else, but many of them accept certain ideas that cause them to behave as if they were. But anyone can do that.

Why are Christians, in your view, susceptible to easy acceptance of what you call horrid ideas? Are all human beings equally susceptible to believing horrid ideas and behaving horridly as a result, or are Christians uniquely susceptible?

I agree with you that we are much more than "sentient turds" (very nice phraseology, really) and, I'd say, we are much more than an accidental outcome of a meaningless, purposeless, strictly materialistic mechanism (as Richard Dawkins might put it). We are so much more than both debasing viewpoints.

I really don't believe that we are, to quote your spin on the orthodox Christian view of the total depravity of man doctrine, "so thorougly rotten that we need a savior," but -- in my view -- we aren't so wonderful wholesome, either, that we don't need friends, families, schools, culture, language and religion to give us the helping hand we all need from time to time. Anyone can be our savior. The recognition of the need of a "savior" is not a sign of weakness, but of strength.

-CC in MA

I will come out and proudly say that humans are absolutely, wonderfully, and happily, imperfect.

You have an "amen" from me, Dave. We are all that and so much more!

-CC in MA

Why are Christians, in your view, susceptible to easy acceptance of what you call horrid ideas? Are all human beings equally susceptible to believing horrid ideas and behaving horridly as a result, or are Christians uniquely susceptible?

Believers are susceptible along with those that need to hang with a herd.

I agree with you that we are much more than "sentient turds" (very nice phraseology, really) and, I'd say, we are much more than an accidental outcome of a meaningless, purposeless, strictly materialistic mechanism (as Richard Dawkins might put it).
No, he would not put it that way. "Accident" is not a scientific view, it's a religious argument designed to promote their god belief. Meaningless, purposeless? Not to Atheists. This life is only meaningless to believers. Materialistic? Sure. Why not?
The recognition of the need of a "savior" is not a sign of weakness, but of strength.

Or a sign of believing it's something needed.