Goodbye Jesus

How Certain Are You?

OrdinaryClay

No where. :twitch:

Nowhere? Don't be silly. If you were to step outside of nature and take a look around it would be crystal clear. Until you do that you're just being closed minded.

mwc

Since I can't find the key to open my mind, I'll have to take some LSD. That'll open it reaaal good!

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OrdinaryClay

• Snakefoot

• Ouroboros

• Shyone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're getting close. You'll know you're there when you're inert.

mwc

You're getting close. You'll know you're there when you're inert.

mwc

Ok, where's "ert"?

The other side of "outert."

Oh, if they've went there then they'll have to pay another cover.

mwc

No where. :twitch:

Nowhere? Don't be silly. If you were to step outside of nature and take a look around it would be crystal clear. Until you do that you're just being closed minded.

mwc

I tried that once. Nearly got eaten by a giant sandworm.

19017-beetlejuice.jpg

I tried that once. Nearly got eaten by a giant sandworm.

:HaHa:

Didn't think ert still had that sandworm problem...

mwc

:lmao: at you guys.

mwc

Ah, a covert operation.

Btw, the sandworm's name was Bert, for whatever it's worth.

mwc

Ah, a covert operation.

Btw, the sandworm's name was Bert, for whatever it's worth.

Didn't know that. Punmaster and now Dr. Trivia. I'm impressed. :3:

How certain are you?

How certain are you (percentage wise, have some guts and take a guess) ...

1) That Christianity is wrong.

2) That there is no supernatural (if you're a materialist)

Not a materialist, and I'm pagan, so number 2 is fairly sure. Science might not be able to explain it, or might not be able to explain it YET.

I'll assume you meant "is true" on number 1 though. I would say 99% sure that christianity is not true (I'm this certain about most religions, including my own really). However, "is it wrong" can mean "is it bad". This I can say with full confidence. In my own experience, christianity has been very very bad. I believe one gazillion percent that it is harmful, to it's followers and those around them. I follow my own religion because it's had a really good effect on my life, and has helped me better the lives of those around me.

I don't think we can really fully know about things that happened before we were born or after we die. I believe it's more important to focus on the one thing we know we have and know we can effect. The present.

Not to say we shouldn't discuss this stuff. Just wanted to explain why I list myself as pagan, but have very little belief in any religion being true. I think these questions should come with a third: How important is this to you? What is important to you?

BTW, sorry for my horrible spelling, etc. There's no way to edit this stuff is there?

BTW, sorry for my horrible spelling, etc. There's no way to edit this stuff is there?

After the first 25 posts you get an edit button. Keep posting; you'll be there before you know it.

Welcome to ex-C Objet.

Are you basically saying that even though you know paganism is a construct, you follow it anyway because you enjoy it? Is that about right?

You get the abilty to edit after a certain number of posts. I think it's 25 or so.