Goodbye Jesus

Deliberate Manipulation Of The Phenomenal Self Model

DeGaul

Does it ever occur to you that not every single human being on the planet's brain works in exactly the same way, and that you sound like an arrogant academic twat who dismisses those who refuse to speak in academic terms, and cite "experts" like they are some lower form of life? You don't know everything and being alive is not a one size fits all affair. God it must be hard to live in america with all this bullshit constantly flying around.

Says the "ex" prostitute who chose to live a lifestyle that didn't require her to use the academic part of her brain. Perhaps she felt above academia? Or perhaps not worthy?

Galien, don't embarrass yourself.

Sheesh -- if this gets any nastier, I swear I am going to go back to Jesus!

Does it ever occur to you that not every single human being on the planet's brain works in exactly the same way, and that you sound like an arrogant academic twat who dismisses those who refuse to speak in academic terms, and cite "experts" like they are some lower form of life? You don't know everything and being alive is not a one size fits all affair. God it must be hard to live in america with all this bullshit constantly flying around.

Says the "ex" prostitute who chose to live a lifestyle that didn't require her to use the academic part of her brain. Perhaps she felt above academia? Or perhaps not worthy?

Sheesh -- if this gets any nastier, I swear I am going to go back to Jesus!

Jesus loves all his children. I'm sure he'll take you back. :HaHa:

Look, can we pin this thread before I and/or others, who have yet to do so, start saying things that they shouldn't?

Look, can we pin this thread before I and/or others, who have yet to do so, start saying things that they shouldn't?

:scratch: I'm not sure what you're asking. You want to pin this thread? And how does that relate to you or anyone saying anything they should or should not say? :shrug: Sure, I can pin it. I just don't understand why...

---

And to everyone else, drop the personal attacks, please.

:scratch: I'm not sure what you're asking. You want to pin this thread? And how does that relate to you or anyone saying anything they should or should not say? :shrug: Sure, I can pin it. I just don't understand why...

---

And to everyone else, drop the personal attacks, please.

Have I got this right: a pinned thread is one that nobody can contribute to (unless they've got special privileges)?. I'm sure I haven't read the appropriate blurb to know forcertain about what 'pinned' means. But if I am wrong then your reply seems almost to be provoking me to articulate, Galien-fashion, some of the things that have come into my head on account of recent posts to this thread.

Well this thread has very quickly become more entertaining.

I'm sure all this somehow pertains to that self-model and such.

• Like 1

Have I got this right: a pinned thread is one that nobody can contribute to (unless they've got special privileges)?. I'm sure I haven't read the appropriate blurb to know forcertain about what 'pinned' means. But if I am wrong then your reply seems almost to be provoking me to articulate, Galien-fashion, some of the things that have come into my head on account of recent posts to this thread.

No, pinned means that the topic is put on top of the list for easy access. It does not restrict access in any shape or form.

What I can do is to close this thread so no one can post at all. But I'm not sure that is necessary.

But if I am wrong then your reply seems almost to be provoking me to articulate, Galien-fashion, some of the things that have come into my head on account of recent posts to this thread.

Sorry, I should have said at the beginning there, 'But if I am right...' (and also I am not entirely certain about my inclusion of the word 'recent', either).

But if I am wrong then your reply seems almost to be provoking me to articulate, Galien-fashion, some of the things that have come into my head on account of recent posts to this thread.

Sorry, I should have said at the beginning there, 'But if I am right...' (and also I am not entirely certain about my inclusion of the word 'recent', either).

My reply to your pinning request was not intended to be a provocation. I just did not understand what you were asking for.

No, pinned means that the topic is put on top of the list for easy access. It does not restrict access in any shape or form.

What I can do is to close this thread so no one can post at all. But I'm not sure that is necessary.

In that case, I find your moderatorial responses rather eccentric, if you don't mind me saying -- first with regard to my 'You Give Love a Bad Name' thread, and now with your resilience to doing anything very serious about the kind of material has come onto this one. Sorry, mate, but it's not ex-Christian, in my books!

PS I think we have exhausted the subject anyhow, haven't we? If the pro-A.I. people want to go on with it, it'll only irritate those who feel they have made their valid point and are having their posts, earlier in the thread, swamped by those who are always keen to get their stuff onto the tail of a thread.

I have a degree in accounting, I just don't feel the need to prove to the world how clever I am by constantly spouting bullshit and trying to make other people feel small and stupid when they don't approach things the way I do. Nice label by the way (which smacked of christianlike judgement), you yanks are good at that, just as you seem remarkably goopd at denigrating and dismissing those without the educational opportunites you may have had. Knowledge does NOT equal wisdom. Neither do I feel even slightly embarrassed, we don't do business here by waving our dicks around. And sweet if he has one let him defend himself. This world is full of talking heads like your friend there who thinks he knows everything. They all shit me equally, no need to feel special. You people seem to have a handle on everything except humility.

There are things I shouldn't say???:shrug:

In that case, I find your moderatorial responses rather eccentric, if you don't mind me saying -- first with regard to my 'You Give Love a Bad Name' thread, and now with your resilience to doing anything very serious about the kind of material has come onto this one. Sorry, mate, but it's not ex-Christian, in my books!

I'm not aure what your issue is or why you consider my response eccentric.

But I will do as you wish. I'm going to pin this thread. Is that non-eccentric enough for you?

The "love" thread was locked, not pinned, beacause it went too far. I will do the same with this thread if necessary, but since you requested it to be pinned, so be it.

Well while we're all at each other's throats:

I have a degree in accounting, I just don't feel the need to prove to the world how clever I am by constantly spouting bullshit and trying to make other people feel small and stupid when they don't approach things the way I do. Nice label by the way (which smacked of christianlike judgement), you yanks are good at that, just as you seem remarkably goopd at denigrating and dismissing those without the educational opportunites you may have had. Knowledge does NOT equal wisdom. Neither do I feel even slightly embarrassed, we don't do business here by waving our dicks around. And sweet if he has one let him defend himself. This world is full of talking heads like your friend there who thinks he knows everything. They all shit me equally, no need to feel special. You people seem to have a handle on everything except humility.

Jesus Fucking Christ Galien- there are roughly 310,000,000 of us. Easily 160,000,000 of us are assholes of one sort or another... maybe more. But surely you can come at these folks from a more precise angle than "you yanks".

Don't get me wrong- I enjoy your contributions around here. And I even think your rants against 'you yanks' are spot on lots of times. But does every fight really have to be about 'you yanks'? Seems like there are deeper resentments here.

• Like 2

But I will do as you wish. I'm going to pin this thread. Is that non-eccentric enough for you?

The "love" thread was locked, not pinned, beacause it went too far. I will do the same with this thread if necessary, but since you requested it to be pinned, so be it.

Oh, pu- leeeze! I didn't know the meaning of the word 'pinned'! Please lock it!

:lmao:

goddamnit- why can't I up-vote a mod's post?

Galien, I fail to see in what way I need to defend myself. If you think I'm arrogant, so be it. If you think it somehow makes me foolish or condescending to be well informed and willing to cite my sources, so be it. I'm not in the least trying to hide the fact that I don't like paradox very much and I find his understanding of my position lacking, but paradox feels the same way about me. What does that matter? To paradox, I'm just a dogmatic moron who is blinded by pseudo-science. As for pinning this thread, really that is kind of an honor to me, and one I'm sure that paradox had no desire to give. What he wanted was to see this thread closed. I don't understand exactly why, given that no one is forcing him to stay here and read what I'm saying, or what Legion or Ouroboros are saying.

I'm certainly not asking anyone to like me. I'm just discussing ideas honestly and openly, and not hiding behind the false facade of unnecessary politeness when I feel that someone is flatly mistaken. There is nothing I hate more than false modesty (even if I am at times guilty of it, as Legion has pointed out) and nothing more dangerous to real intellectual pursuit than the false idea that academics DON'T know more than the average man on the street when it comes to their area of expertise. Yes, they do. Experts in their field know more than the average Joe, and that is simply the way it is. If that makes anyone feel condescended to, then they should seek to be experts themselves, or just accept that they will remain uninformed.

• Like 1

And how could Hans be? For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!

Well, then say so instead of calling me eccentric. You sure want to create a lot of fuss.

Well while we're all at each other's throats:

Jesus Fucking Christ Galien- there are roughly 310,000,000 of us. Easily 160,000,000 of us are assholes of one sort or another... maybe more. But surely you can come at these folks from a more precise angle than "you yanks".

Don't get me wrong- I enjoy your contributions around here. And I even think your rants against 'you yanks' are spot on lots of times. But does every fight really have to be about 'you yanks'? Seems like there are deeper resentments here.

Ok stranger, sorry I know I should not generalise. Australians and Americans seem to me to be essentially different in that we don't really take ourselves that seriously. If we know more than someone else, so what doesn't really make us of any more value. Thinking you are better than others here usually results in merciless pisstaking until one "gets over onself" and pulls their head in. Americans seem to be to be proud of their pride in some way that irks me to the bone I guess. No society is classless but australia is a lot closer than some places.

Since being involved in internet forums over the past couple of years I have discovered that there is a particular kind of american that hates my guts and the feeling is usually mutual. They seem to have the same farcical certainty about life the universe and everything that christians have, just in a secular sense. I assume it has something to do with the education system there considering I have come across it so often in the same form. I try to keep my temper really I do, but my PTSD is often triggered by a know all in my face telling me how it is. As my kid says I need to calm my farm :) I will try to keep the yank bashing to a dull roar.

And how could Hans be? For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!

ROFLMAO!!!

Galien, I fail to see in what way I need to defend myself. If you think I'm arrogant, so be it. If you think it somehow makes me foolish or condescending to be well informed and willing to cite my sources, so be it. I'm not in the least trying to hide the fact that I don't like paradox very much and I find his understanding of my position lacking, but paradox feels the same way about me. What does that matter? To paradox, I'm just a dogmatic moron who is blinded by pseudo-science. As for pinning this thread, really that is kind of an honor to me, and one I'm sure that paradox had no desire to give. What he wanted was to see this thread closed. I don't understand exactly why, given that no one is forcing him to stay here and read what I'm saying, or what Legion or Ouroboros are saying.

I'm certainly not asking anyone to like me. I'm just discussing ideas honestly and openly, and not hiding behind the false facade of unnecessary politeness when I feel that someone is flatly mistaken. There is nothing I hate more than false modesty (even if I am at times guilty of it, as Legion has pointed out) and nothing more dangerous to real intellectual pursuit than the false idea that academics DON'T know more than the average man on the street when it comes to their area of expertise. Yes, they do. Experts in their field know more than the average Joe, and that is simply the way it is. If that makes anyone feel condescended to, then they should seek to be experts themselves, or just accept that they will remain uninformed.

Stilted

Ok stranger, sorry I know I should not generalise. Australians and Americans seem to me to be essentially different in that we don't really take ourselves that seriously. If we know more than someone else, so what doesn't really make us of any more value. Thinking you are better than others here usually results in merciless pisstaking until one "gets over onself" and pulls their head in. Americans seem to be to be proud of their pride in some way that irks me to the bone I guess. No society is classless but australia is a lot closer than some places.

I think there is some truth to this.

But don't forget the British. It seems the disease is shared with the the Oxfordians.

How about the Swedes? I think I have some of that obnoxious arrogance too... Don't I? Please? I'm realky trying... :grin:

Maybe true mate but have you ever considered how many smart people lack common sense? They often get so carried away with their area of expertise that they forget there are many other things in life that requre attention. And I would never expect an academic amercian to be modest, false or otherwise. Do they have a special class entitled "why I am forever special because I have a degree"? Some of you people seem to feed on your own "success" and the self congratulation is deafening. Why would I want to listen to anyone so full of pride over their own achievement? I wouldn't. I don't care if you have seven degrees, if you have no control over your own ego then you have nothing to teach me. The thing I fail to see in the first place is why you think knowing stuff makes you so important. But then two years out of christianity I am finding out most of what bothered me about christians was plain old human nature and the lack of interest in letting go of the ego. Shame there isn't a degree in that.

Stilted

Defensive