Goodbye Jesus

Planet seen outside the solar system

ML13

BFH

Cool!

Do you use the BFH to break through the walls of ignorance?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• quicksand

• Amethyst

• jcismyhomeboy

Cool!

Do you use the BFH to break through the walls of ignorance?

He he he. If not walls of ignorance... heads.

There CAN'T be intelligent life on other planets cuz the bible says Jesus died once for all, if there had been intelligent life he would have had to die for them too and he couldn't have..cuz...he only died once. One of my bible college profs said so.

bdp

Saw that a while ago. I think it's pretty darn cool.

Guest zarathustra

There is no observational evidence even of any planets outside the solar system, let alone planets that could support life." Henry Morris and Gary E. Parker, What is Creation Science?", Revied and expanded, (El Cajon: MasterBooks, 1987), p. 268

Extra-solar planets! Of course there aren't Read Genesis. There is only ONE planet in the universe and its called Earth and the sun revolves around it (Since the sun revovles aroud the Earth there really is no such thing as a solar system either). Other planets- what a joke! Did these guys really read their Bible?

There is no observational evidence even of any planets outside the solar system, let alone planets that could support life." Henry Morris and Gary E. Parker, What is Creation Science?", Revied and expanded, (El Cajon: MasterBooks, 1987), p. 268

Extra-solar planets! Of course there aren't  Read Genesis.  There is only ONE planet in the universe and its called Earth and the sun revolves around it (Since the sun revovles aroud the Earth there really is no such thing as a solar system either). Other planets- what a joke!  Did these guys really read their Bible?

Okay, if youre not Silly Geezur, yer serious.

If you are serious... I wil quote Carl Sagan here...

Absence of edvidence is not evidence of abscence"

Meaning, time for you to support your claim baby.

Hit me.

Just being silly ;)

Whew. And I was just finishing a bottle of wine too.. :eek:

Jesus did great great job!

There are still numerous wars going on every year in his name. All praise him!!

People commit acts of sexism, racism, fascism, and most any other negative 'ism' you can name, because of the Bible. All prrraaaise heim!!! :17:

Special bonus thanks to his dad for giving us the ability to have free will and then say it's not really free, it's conditional (just like his love).

If aliens need a savior, lets hope they don't fall into the same traps we have.  :beg:

Great to see the ability to be "thinking"! This is a good thing! Yet some make references to Biblical teachings which don't seem to be there. If atheist are relying on churches or other Christians... I've learned that's not generally an accurate resource for real Biblical knowledge. :Doh:

"Christians" killed Galileo because he dare to say the earth revolved around the sun instead of vice versa, so those that claim to be "Christians" saying something about this new planet being an ungodly theory... doesn't surprise anyone. :scratch:

Is it possible that your will IS free within the perameters and subjected to the consequences of the laws of nature, whether you believe in God or not? My studies find God's love and gifts are free, unconditional, and for EVERYONE, leaving no one out or behind, without asking... contrary to what most "Christians" declare. :eek: Perhaps people use God to validate their war, and God never uses people to validate any war. Clear distinction there. Praise Him = Praise yourself = Praise your neighbor... now wouldn't that be nice? :grin:

Hey, outstanding group here... to challenge things is to be thinking! :woohoo:

What kind of Christian are you Amanda? WOW! Even us evil atheists are going to heaven? hehe.

You know damn well that it would happen in the event that we actually were visited by beings from another planet. The fundies wouldn't be able to contain themselves.  :Doh:

:thanks: Maybe we could convince them that's how the rapture was taking place, the aliens are really angels coming to take them home? "the hour has come"

(it's worth a shot, they believe all the other fairy tales why not that one? :shrug: )

(Thanks Thankful.. :woopsie: )

They keep finding more planets. . .this one is only twice the size of Earth:

Yeah, that's the one orbiting a "normal" star, isn't it? I wonder if they'll find any little bugs there eventually.

Guest Challenger
Yeah, that's the one orbiting a "normal" star, isn't it?  I wonder if they'll find any little bugs there eventually.

Give it a little more time. . .we'll find the earth-type planets yet. . .and perhaps the life that may go along with them.

Imagine when they do.

The religous people will go "GASP! How shall we handle this?"

And of course the next thing will be "God Created Life on that planet too."

The God argument is always like

"He's around the next corner... oh not here, just see, he's around the next corner ... not here either, but next corner ... oh again, not here, but I promise he's around the next corner..."

And of course the next thing will be "God Created Life on that planet too."

And then, they'll try to convert it, not realizing that the aliens will probably have their own cults.

I'm actually looking forward to it.

But I fear they might have a stronger religion that ours, so they might try to convert us!

Hail! O Holy WormGrotto!

And then, they'll try to convert it, not realizing that the aliens will probably have their own cults.

There's no reason to think religion is a universal phenomenon among sentient beings.

There's no reason to think religion is a universal phenomenon among sentient beings.

True, but I'd be amazed if Earth was the only planet with religion.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force!  :woohoo:

I'm wondering how Satan gets around to running hell on all those different planets?

Well, he's got a hell of a job, that's for sure. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
True, but I'd be amazed if Earth was the only planet with religion.

Heh, imagine the first contact is by alien missionaries on a interstellar inquisition so that Gamanotek's holy tentacle may be salived upon by the entire galaxy. :ugh:

• 1 month later...
Guest Winchester Slate
There CAN'T be intelligent life on other planets cuz the bible says Jesus died once for all, if there had been intelligent life he would have had to die for them too and he couldn't have..cuz...he only died once. One of my bible college profs said so
Can someone please explain to me why people are so sure that the only way to save the sinful alien planet was for God to send his only son to die? Why don't Christians just think that God must have saved the aliens some other way?

Oh, I have an idea! Why doesn't he just NOT require a brutal sacrifice to appease his own ego?